Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing modes

EinheriarJudith

ok so ive been running arching missions to finish collecting the rest of the mods. i noticed in the control keybinding there is finally a roll left and right. heres is the thing, THERE IS TOO MUCH INERTIA. holy hell is it uncontrollable.

i propose that the old archwing mode be brought back for coprus tileset and other tight corridor maps. and the grineer tileset and open space stay as it is but LESS inertia. i want to thank you for allowing dual keybinding but whatever function warframe roll has should be removed from archwing (i ran into the issue of keybinding roll and roll left to the same key which prevented me from spinning in archwing). afterburner should be keybindable so that one can boost and move up without afterburning into a damned wall.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I love it too they finally added the keybinds for rolls, but I honestly feel that AW should have separate controls bindings altogether, similar to Lunaro.

And yes I wish Afterburner was a binding too, since I currently can't use it at all. It just does not function at all, as it is supposedly 'spacebar' and that has always been my 'Move Up' binding, which worked well enough in the past, it was weird, but playable to have them both behind same key.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

~snip~

whatever function warframe roll has should be removed from archwing (i ran into the issue of keybinding roll and roll left to the same key which prevented me from spinning in archwing).

~snip~

Roll is actually a really strong mobility/evasion move, but it's really hard to utilize well. When you are stationary and shooting some bullet sponge, you can avoid hits to your self using 'Move up'/'Move Down' + 'Roll', which makes you swirl up/down with evasive manouvers. It works in all directions, but those two are actually really usefull. The 180 flip is also neat, but I rarely ever use it, but I think with a gamepad it's really good to have. Those sideways rolls I actually utilize while speedrunning the trench runs, time em right and you can go insanely fast through the missions. You literally go full on drift mode.

To be fair I'm currently stretched thin with available keys and I can't even imagine what a struggle this is to do for gamepads. It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't use hotkeys for gear wheel thou.

But I wish there could be an option, where your mouse movement does not make you roll your camera, so I could do that with those keybinded controls.

7 hours ago, -Zr-Scroll said:

I love it too they finally added the keybinds for rolls, but I honestly feel that AW should have separate controls bindings altogether, similar to Lunaro.

And yes I wish Afterburner was a binding too, since I currently can't use it at all. It just does not function at all, as it is supposedly 'spacebar' and that has always been my 'Move Up' binding, which worked well enough in the past, it was weird, but playable to have them both behind same key.

Roll is actually a really strong mobility/evasion move, but it's really hard to utilize well. When you are stationary and shooting some bullet sponge, you can avoid hits to your self using 'Move up'/'Move Down' + 'Roll', which makes you swirl up/down with evasive manouvers. It works in all directions, but those two are actually really usefull. The 180 flip is also neat, but I rarely ever use it, but I think with a gamepad it's really good to have. Those sideways rolls I actually utilize while speedrunning the trench runs, time em right and you can go insanely fast through the missions. You literally go full on drift mode.

To be fair I'm currently stretched thin with available keys and I can't even imagine what a struggle this is to do for gamepads. It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't use hotkeys for gear wheel thou.

But I wish there could be an option, where your mouse movement does not make you roll your camera, so I could do that with those keybinded controls.

they could simply have evasive roll tied to boost(shift) + roll left/right or double tap roll left/right. but i can understand where you are coming from. 

Edited by EinheriarJudith