Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Shield Archwing

takoman077

what is everyone's opinion on playing Archwing with no shields? 

I've tried to do a couple, and one thing is clear,  YOU DIE and fast.    

Even being Invisible doesn't seem to help.  I would go back in only to have the same thing happen, everyone dies and the mission fails or everyone starts to abort.  

Ive played regular missions with no shields, but Archwing feels much more difficult and almost impossible.  In AW you have to watch out from every direction, and you can get shot further away than normal missions.

Am I just bad at these missions, or is this a bigger problem?

I'll try that next time

It still seems a little unreasonable to go up against enemies like the Ogma with no shilds and you cant survive a single hit.  Plus you can't see behind you, you cant use any secondaries like regular missions, and its a good chance you'll get killed trying to revive someone.  Plus some of the enemies have hitscan weapons.  

How many people are experienced with space flight combat games or how many space flight combat games are their?  Most of my experience is in either RPG or FPS.   

It has the same issue new players face: no reliable way of restoring health. You have to use Amesha, or you're SOL. No lifestrike, no medi-ray, no Syndicate proc.

It's perfectly doable, it's just really irritating. Thankfully we have health pizzas.

Just now, shiro.OoKami said:

where can I find this Amesh and what is the cost for its protection?

Clan Research.  Biggest thing is it takes 10 Nitain to build. Amesha is a great AW, but definitely aimed at advanced AW players to enable them to carry squads. It has not offensive powers so you must rely on good weapons fully modded to deal damage. It synergizes to a disgusting degree with AW powers too, with Primed Morphic Transformer it has 75% slow aura on it's #3, which makes Intercepts and Jordas Golem laughably easy. It's #2 can be used to heal everyone in an area and distract enemies, it's perfect for AW EXP farms on Mobile Defense. It's #1 is a damage shield you cast on yourself and allies, so great for no-shields. It's #4 is a group wide free Rage Mod, giving everyone energy for damage they take.

Big tip for you is gonna be making sure you are equiping Rejuvenation Aura on your warframe before going on AW nightmare missions. Aura's work in AW, and if you aren't Amesha or have one on your team, Rejuv will save you and your squad's bacon.