Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are there any plans for new ARCHWING stuff?

Vicious_Vipa

Well the original fan concept of Zephyr had an archwing called ''The Monsoon'', but we never got it and Zephyr herself got changed a lot too (even gender). So really, if DE is running out of ideas they can always take a look at some old (and new) fan concepts.

But really the main reason is because barely anyone plays Archwing.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I would prefer if they just took it out entirely, since they have given up on making it fun.

That would mean the removal of ''The Archwing'' quest

removal or change of ''The Jordas Precept'' quest and also the Jordas Golem assassination along with an entire stage of the ''The Jordas Verdict'' trial (nicknamed ''raid'')

removal or change of ''The Limbo Theorem'' quest due to one mission being an Archwing Interception

removal or change of ''The War Within'' quest due to the part wich was shown in teasers (I am trying not to spoil it for you)

removal of Grineer Fomorians which effectively retires the Imperator Vandal as well

forgetting about ''Operation: Gate Crash

removal of a Prime Item which effectively changes the vaulting pattern

removal of 30000 Mastery Rank points from Archwings alone

removal of another 5100 Mastery points from Archwing weapons

removal of Archwing weapon parts from Syndicates

removal of 41 total Archwing, Arch-Gun and Arch-Melee mods

removal of 9 nodes which also removes an amount of Mastery Rank points I am unable to calculate

ect.

Just because you are salty about not having the skills to fly an Archwing doesn't mean DE will go through the entire hassle of doing everything above^^

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

"If you don't like it, you must just be bad at it."

LOL

Ya, ya very funny, but no...I am serious.

No one is good at something from the beginning, even when you were born you still needed time to practice before you can walk and it's the same here.

You want Archwing to be fun, then get gud at it and stop complaining because you think it's too hard 

3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You want "X" to be fun, then get gud at it and stop complaining because you think it's too hard

Replace "X" with anything you want.

Let X = "smacking yourself in the nads with a hammer"

You want smacking yourself in the nads with a hammer to be fun, then get gud at it and stop complaining because you think it's too hard

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Replace "X" with anything you want.

Let X = "smacking yourself in the nads with a hammer"

You want smacking yourself in the nads with a hammer to be fun, then get gud at it and stop complaining because you think it's too hard

I will just ignore that comment sence I don't have the time to waste on pointless fighting, have a nice day.

Not in the near future, maybe next year they'll do something good since there's the annual AW update, the only one in the entire year >_>

tbh, I don't think DE will try to make AW like the rest of that game, meaning 20+ AWs to choose from, over 100 weapons, 50+ nodes and 10+ missions. I think they're going for that fun little game mode that you just do for for a little while and then get back to the normal game. It'll save a lot of money that way which is their main interest

it's sad though, since a lot of players have awesome ideas for AW, and I'm sure DE also has great ideas for it. If it wasn't for those whinny ******** that just give up and don't try to get good and actually play it that is ;D

3 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I would prefer if they just took it out entirely, since they have given up on making it fun.

That's not true. Significantly reducing the grind required to obtain AW gear - now limited to mods and the Odonata prime - was a big step in the right direction, along with a significant increase in xp gain. I have always despised AW, never upgraded or even maxed out anything, but came back to it a week ago and had a lot of fun crafting myself a whole new loadout. The real problem in AW is that there are very few missions to play and none are exciting - asides from the boss and the crappy rush/pursuit, there's mobile defense on Earth and Neptune, Sabotage (forgot where), and Interception at Uranus, that's it.

4 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

Significantly reducing the grind required to obtain AW gear - now limited to mods and the Odonata prime - was a big step in the right direction, along with a significant increase in xp gain.

That just made being forced to use it a bit more bearable. It didn't make it fun.

The problem with AW is it is slow, controls like crap, puts even vets back at square one, etc.

When I heard the concept of of strapping a rocket to a warframe's arse, I was positively giddy, however something like this* is what I was looking foward too, not slowing floating towards an enemy while upside down.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

That just made being forced to use it a bit more bearable. It didn't make it fun.

The problem with AW is it is slow, controls like crap, puts even vets back at square one, etc.

When I heard the concept of of strapping a rocket to a warframe's arse, I was positively giddy, however something like this* is what I was looking foward too, not slowing floating towards an enemy while upside down.

Well I had fun crafting my gear and trading for parts and mods, something I would have never done if they hadn't changed the system, because progression - xp and items - used to be abysmally slow. And whenever you are "forced" to use it - in quests, for instance - it's always perfectly doable with unmodded basic gear.

I do, however, totally, absolutely agree with you about the suit's terrible handling, OMG. Trying to maneuver through tight corridors in Corpus missions feels like you are driving a bike while drunk, and that infiltration sequence in the War Within quest (if you have played it you know what I'm talking about) made me want to tear my hair out, it took me about 20-30 times to complete it.

But since the devs - who I respect and whose work I appreciate - usually prefer to add new content rather than fixing the old one in a meaningful way...

more (more exciting) missions would be great

and another change to the steering is needed. 
For example:  when you fly against a wall (which you defintely will...)  you should be able to get free instead of tocking against the same motherf*****ng wall for another 5 times. 

and the maps need to get better. because unless you know the tilesets well, you'll definitely get lost... 

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

20 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

That's why AW is doomed.

Not necessarily doomed ! It simply will stay bad for a while. TBH U19 didn't bring that much to the table besides the quest and the new sorties. No new frame or frame rework, no focus rework, no AW rework, slightly modified invasion mechanics but I still have no incentive to play them... It's a bit disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

Not necessarily doomed ! It simply will stay bad for a while. TBH U19 didn't bring that much to the table besides the quest and the new sorties. No new frame or frame rework, no focus rework, no AW rework, slightly modified invasion mechanics but I still have no incentive to play them... It's a bit disappointing.

That's what I mean. It will stay bad. DE will stop messing with it, and people will continue to avoid it except when they are forced into it. Just like so many other half finished systems currently in the game.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

That's what I mean. It will stay bad. DE will stop messing with it, and people will continue to avoid it except when they are forced into it. Just like so many other half finished systems currently in the game.

I hope you are wrong. 6 months ago I would have told you you were wrong. But I'm also kinda losing my faith. I respect the devs, their dedication and their work, and everything they have done since the beginning, but the fact that it takes them months to produce even a single meaningful change, and that instead of taking a deep look at the state of the game and reworking the basis they apparently keep adding new stuff that, although cool, bring their share of issues which then go mostly unfixed (starchart etc), can generate doubts in the minds of the most ardent supporters. Dunno what you think.

4 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

instead of taking a deep look at the state of the game and reworking the basis they apparently keep adding new stuff

This plus all the senseless nerfs and changes (e.g. destroying endgame,  over-nerfing launcher ammo economy then introducing the tonkor) is what has left me jaded and faithless. Well, that and spending weeks farming for something, another week getting everything I need for it to work, a few days grinding it to max, only to wake up a few days after all that to find out that this super fun build has been utterly destroyed.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

This plus all the senseless nerfs and changes (e.g. destroying endgame,  over-nerfing launcher ammo economy then introducing the tonkor) is what has left me jaded and faithless. Well, that and spending weeks farming for something, another week getting everything I need for it to work, a few days grinding it to max, only to wake up a few days after all that to find out that this super fun build has been utterly destroyed.

That, I for my part don't care much about. I almost never grind, and the nerfs somehow haven't affected me much - besides weird damage fluctuations on my bows and Trinity's Blessing having an ununusable range, my gear is working as fine as it always did. I'm even very satisfied with the upgrades brought to Frost, Rhino, and Mesa. I'm more concerned about the whole thing than such individual details, about the state of the game as it is, as it could be, and as it will become.

It's perfectly ok for us to disagree on this point though !

1 minute ago, Enno69 said:

That, I for my part don't care much about. I almost never grind, and the nerfs somehow haven't affected me much - besides weird damage fluctuations on my bows and Trinity's Blessing having an ununusable range, my gear is working as fine as it always did. I'm even very satisfied with the upgrades brought to Frost, Rhino, and Mesa. I'm more concerned about the whole thing than such individual details, about the state of the game as it is, as it could be, and as it will become.

It's perfectly ok for us to disagree on this point though !

I am sure it will happen at some point. You'll find a frame you find fun. Farm for all the mods, corrupted mod, augment mods, weapons, etc to make it work. You'll drop 4 forma in it, the wake up a few days later to find the frame inexplicably nerfed into the ground or changed into something entirely different.

Mag, Saryn, Trinity, and Ivara are the ones that stick in my craw.

Why can't the Arcwing devices just be smaller and fit snugly against our Warframe chassis?

Anybody who knows spess knows that it doesn't take a lot of force to go forward due to lack of friction from air and "nogravity" (I PUT IT IN QUOTES, DON'T HAMMER ON ME PHYSICS GUYS I'M JUST A CHEMISTRY MAJOR).

Arcwings should fold up tightly against our Warframes on specific Arcwing missions, we should be able to land and disengage at any time (using either Arcwing weapons or regular warframe weapons while landed) then immediately engage back into the air whenever we need to.

#MakeArcwingGreatAgain

17 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I am sure it will happen at some point. You'll find a frame you find fun. Farm for all the mods, corrupted mod, augment mods, weapons, etc to make it work. You'll drop 4 forma in it, the wake up a few days later to find the frame inexplicably nerfed into the ground or changed into something entirely different.

Mag, Saryn, Trinity, and Ivara are the ones that stick in my craw.

I doubt I won't be able to adapt. And 4 formas in a frame ? No way, I have never used more than 2.

Ivara ? She hasn't been changed, why are you mentioning her ? Saryn can still be extremely effective if you know how to use her, I have seen it done, wave after wave of Grineers exploding in a pile of green mist while the wielder casually discussed how good she was.

13 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

Arcwings should fold up tightly against our Warframes on specific Arcwing missions, we should be able to land and disengage at any time (using either Arcwing weapons or regular warframe weapons while landed) then immediately engage back into the air whenever we need to.

#MakeArcwingGreatAgain

Cue the War Within update and its new mechanics that function as you describe.