Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW [RivenMod Cycling idea]

ShadeC

So everyone's been pretty vocal about Riven mods, and DE is doing their best to make good changes, and its getting there, not everyone is satisfied but its still up for changes I think.

However one of the recently implemented changes makes me feel as though there was a missed opportunity.

The Riven unveiling challenges were probably the most interesting (and before a patch, frustrating) part of Riven mods, and to see them be basically removed entirely aside from the fresh unveiling makes me a bit sad.

Why not do something with it instead? Why not give players more options, as that's what really most people want, options. You'll hear a lot of people talking about stat-locking, which I agree with to an extent, you should be able to lock ONE stat and ONLY one for about 500 Kuva per reroll. That's it.

Now onto my actual idea that has to do with the unveiling challenges.

Give players the option to choose between either just dishing out the Kuva and rerolling the mod, OR, Rerolling the mod but having to unveil it by doing the challenge again.

The benefits of choosing to Unveil the mod again would be:

- Half The Kuva cost, you're gonna spend time doing the challenge, which you could've spent farming for Kuva, this I think would be a good way to alleviate some of the frustration that comes with Kuva farming, gives you some variety as well.

- Guarantee's no negative stats. Meaning no - Magazine Capacity and no - Damage and so on so forth.

The benefits of choosing to just Reroll for much many Kuva would be:

Quick and easy, you spend big Kuva, you get quick results.

So that's pretty much it, give people the option to choose whether they want to be more efficient with their Kuva and get a better mod (because you guarantee no negative), and do the Unveil challenge. 

Or just let people that have farmed up big phat amounts of Kuva to just reroll like the highroller they are (I am not apologizing) 

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Still wont stop me from getting another sentinel weapon riven...

But decent ideas otherwise, more choices pretty much never hurts.

That is just a curse in itself, I don't know why sentinel weapon Riven mods are even a thing, I mean...DE nerfed Sentinel weapons when they were too strong. Now they give em rivens? What?

1 minute ago, BlackArchas said:

Guaranteeing no negative stats would be too powerful, but also having any kuva cost would defeat the purpose of unveiling the mod.

I'm sorry but that really doesn't make any sense, I could see the argument for guaranteeing no negative stat being too powerful, but it having 50% of the Kuva cost 'defeating the purpose' just makes no sense to me.

So you're saying there's no point in taking that option and Unveiling it again if it costs Kuva? even though instead of 900 - 1000 - 1300, you'll be paying 450 - 500 - 650, which is only one Kuva Siphon without a booster, rather than the 6 you'd need to farm to get that full cost roll.

I just don't see how having a Kuva cost at all defeats the purpose. You can't just take stuff for free.

3 hours ago, ShadeC said:

That is just a curse in itself, I don't know why sentinel weapon Riven mods are even a thing, I mean...DE nerfed Sentinel weapons when they were too strong. Now they give em rivens? What?

I'm sorry but that really doesn't make any sense, I could see the argument for guaranteeing no negative stat being too powerful, but it having 50% of the Kuva cost 'defeating the purpose' just makes no sense to me.

So you're saying there's no point in taking that option and Unveiling it again if it costs Kuva? even though instead of 900 - 1000 - 1300, you'll be paying 450 - 500 - 650, which is only one Kuva Siphon without a booster, rather than the 6 you'd need to farm to get that full cost roll.

I just don't see how having a Kuva cost at all defeats the purpose. You can't just take stuff for free.

I knew that was poorly worded, to me I just seems strange having to spend kuva and do the pain in the @$$ unveiling mission. Personally, I think no kuva cost but having a chance for a negative effect makes more sense