Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if the operator grow up? :) Spoiler :P

Vlada91

4 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

C'mon, you mean grow up and develop both of the secondary gender characteristics?

thatsmyfetish.gif
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

on topic: the operator's should stay young imo, growing up would just make them the victim of pervs. (other than the guys that are into the current operators)

real on topic: our kubrows, kavats etc. aren't that genetically stable tho, so it'd make sense for them to have a weird growing phase, but operators are more human/orokin than anything and I doubt the story has a span of a few years, but more like a few days/months, 2 years max. from awakening to tww.

I believe we WILL grow up... eventually. In other words, likely via quests. Sort of an 'age after each quest until we come to our own'. I mean, Lotus and Teshin still consider us children, despite it all. Army-busting, Void-wielding, Universe-altering children, but children nonetheless.

I would like us to grow up a bit as we gain more POWAH.

This be great! You know HOW MANY players will make their Oparator a Sexy Vixen female....or even a harden big Rhino Muscle soldier male!? I can see this as being the TOP cosmetic... if it ever happen... If you ever play any MMO with tons of cosmetics most Male players play this ridiculous sexy female character... and spend a LOT of time resources and even real cash for their looks, and female player too... though they tend to be more shiny and glamour than the barely naked ones most guys make. :crylaugh:

Hmmm but I think they may need to add adult voices to it... all in all I think it be great for Warframe! :highfive:

Edited: In all seriousness I think there are lore reasons why they don't grow? :nerd:

Edited by 0zryel

1 minute ago, --Sokol said:
  Hide contents

Apparently the theory is that once Operators grow up they become Umbra.

If that is true that be awesome.... it would make more sense...hmmmm if its like that, do you think its like a fusion of both the operators powers and school specialization with the chosen warframe standard abilities? Wow that be a nightmare to develop for DE... then again it be very lore Core to what the Tenno and Warframe relationship ultimate Transference Continuity would lead them...

OMG I just thought if this be true... the Sentient are the least of our worries! If the Orokin comes out or resurrect themselves of their hidden spot in the SUN... can you imagine how powerful they be now that they had their time to strike back and prepare to battle!? EEEEEEEE! (joking but it be cool though) :satisfied:

1 hour ago, Lyravain said:

I believe we WILL grow up... eventually. In other words, likely via quests. Sort of an 'age after each quest until we come to our own'. I mean, Lotus and Teshin still consider us children, despite it all. Army-busting, Void-wielding, Universe-altering children, but children nonetheless.

I would like us to grow up a bit as we gain more POWAH.

Yes and yes :smile:

Though I like the idea. I doubt it will ever happen. Lore wise, it's possible that if Void didn't turn us Immortal, the Orokin did. Teshin Dax is FROM the Orokin era. He's HUMAN (or as close as we can get) and that makes him at least half a millennia old. If not a full 1K. 

Practically, DE has stated many times that they went with the children as operators route to counter-balance the warframes. the fragility of kids opposite the nigh-immortal warrior demigods that the frames are. Basically they were implemented as contrast. 

Spoiler

I actually have a sort of interesting idea that CAN work in the current lore. Basically not all Tenno are Zariman kids. Some are later creations by the Orokin for more soldiers. In the Second Dream, the voice of Ballas says "it's about the rejects we consigned to Lua" referencing us being locked away on the moon on Transference research. Note that they used the word "rejects". Leaves open the possibility that some of these kids managed to contain and control their void powers during that time. They were useful and thus they became the first "Tenno", Orokin's own personal grim reapers. These first warriors could of become the source for the first Frames, those essentially being "copies" of the First Generation Tenno. No need to reinvent the wheel, you got examples of warriors who could use Void energies, perfect templates. 

There is also a possibility that the void powers were given to grown up warriors. Essentially creating a First Generation Tenno. But when Transference became a thing, this stopped, because a kid in a chair remote-controlling a golem is easier to control and contain then an "all-in-one" superkiller. Why I think this is possible is because Teshin, despite not being a Tenno, can channel. You see it when fighting him in The War Within. Void abilities are not exclusive to Zariman victims. 

So my theory is that there are two broad generations of "Tenno". First Gen were void-powered warriors, personally in the field, these are either rare, extinct or common enough not to warrant mention by anyone. Second Gen are Operators with warframe proxies, us. 

Better if they don't.

The use of of the Tenno is a testament of the desperation of the Orokin. First they used their regular soldiers, Dax and all, and that failed. So they tapped their slave race. That also didn't work too well. So they used biological weapon and that went bad for everyone. Then they actually resorted to using child soldiers.

The Tenno being children is a tragedy of the Old War. A waning empire resorting to exploiting children for war is the sign of the times.

On the meta side, a lot of the things the Tenno do makes sense due to them being actual kids: collecting shinines, dressing up their dolls, playing around with their powers and tormenting the Grineer, having no patience in missions, etc.

45 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

The Tenno being children is a tragedy of the Old War. A waning empire resorting to exploiting children for war is the sign of the times.

I had the same thoughts give or take when I finished TSD and TWW some time after that.

On 18-11-2016 at 1:45 PM, Timberwolf581 said:

The way I see it, the Tenno lost everything on the Zariman. Leaving them only each other. When the Zariman returned, the Orokin used them to win their war. They became Tenno at the hands of the Orokin and the Void and will most likely remain Tenno until their demise. The reason I consider this a prison, is that none of it was by choice.

I suppose you could say the children died on the Zariman.

45 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

On the meta side, a lot of the things the Tenno do makes sense due to them being actual kids: collecting shinines, dressing up their dolls, playing around with their powers and tormenting the Grineer, having no patience in missions, etc.

I dunno, tormenting is not the same as killing. And honestly, kids don't kill by the thousands. They've become killing machines who somehow retained their attitude towards life as if none of it ever happened. I don't think I'd have many emotions left after killing so much as they have.

Edited by Timberwolf581

2 hours ago, Lakais said:

Though I like the idea. I doubt it will ever happen. Lore wise, it's possible that if Void didn't turn us Immortal, the Orokin did. Teshin Dax is FROM the Orokin era. He's HUMAN (or as close as we can get) and that makes him at least half a millennia old. If not a full 1K. 

Practically, DE has stated many times that they went with the children as operators route to counter-balance the warframes. the fragility of kids opposite the nigh-immortal warrior demigods that the frames are. Basically they were implemented as contrast. 

Reveal hidden contents

I actually have a sort of interesting idea that CAN work in the current lore. Basically not all Tenno are Zariman kids. Some are later creations by the Orokin for more soldiers. In the Second Dream, the voice of Ballas says "it's about the rejects we consigned to Lua" referencing us being locked away on the moon on Transference research. Note that they used the word "rejects". Leaves open the possibility that some of these kids managed to contain and control their void powers during that time. They were useful and thus they became the first "Tenno", Orokin's own personal grim reapers. These first warriors could of become the source for the first Frames, those essentially being "copies" of the First Generation Tenno. No need to reinvent the wheel, you got examples of warriors who could use Void energies, perfect templates. 

There is also a possibility that the void powers were given to grown up warriors. Essentially creating a First Generation Tenno. But when Transference became a thing, this stopped, because a kid in a chair remote-controlling a golem is easier to control and contain then an "all-in-one" superkiller. Why I think this is possible is because Teshin, despite not being a Tenno, can channel. You see it when fighting him in The War Within. Void abilities are not exclusive to Zariman victims. 

So my theory is that there are two broad generations of "Tenno". First Gen were void-powered warriors, personally in the field, these are either rare, extinct or common enough not to warrant mention by anyone. Second Gen are Operators with warframe proxies, us. 

Thanks to you, a theory popped into my head:

What if the umbra frames' operators are like "evil" Tenno that decided to rebel against the Orokin? Then with regards to our alignment at the end of the quest, we'll have to fight someone opposite our alignment? 

Aaaaand these umbra operators rebelled cuz they grew up then had teenage angst :P loljk

Edited by Irixa