Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven rolls cost

Otakuwolf

I honestly think the increasing Kuva cost for Riven mods re-rolls doesen't make any sense and should be "standardized"

It would make sense to increase the cost with every roll IF the mods actually become more powerful, so you're paying more but actually getting something from your increasing investment, but as it is right now is not.

I've heard this is to "encourage us to play with the stats we get instead to keep rolling", but personally all that is doing is just driving me away from those mods entirely and not even bother anymore after the first two rolls like "Did i get decent stats in 2 rolls ? If yes then keep, if not then F-it and let's get a new one".This AND is also making me not even want to get anymore Riven mods at all because in the end if i can't make a bad weapon i like viable, why even bother ? Might as well just leave those bad weapons in the "Mastery Fodder" trunk and move on with my life without.

34 minutes ago, Otakuwolf said:

I've heard this is to "encourage us to play with the stats we get instead to keep rolling", but personally all that is doing is just driving me away from those mods entirely and not even bother anymore after the first two rolls like "Did i get decent stats in 2 rolls ? If yes then keep, if not then F-it and let's get a new one".This AND is also making me not even want to get anymore Riven mods at all because in the end if i can't make a bad weapon i like viable, why even bother ? Might as well just leave those bad weapons in the "Mastery Fodder" trunk and move on with my life without.

Yup. Basically this. Why would I play using the stats I got when they're terrible and useless for the weapon. Rerolls should cost. But the cost should never increase.

I'm of the opinion that the costs are fine as they are now, if only the stats weren't so random. It doesn't make sense to give a weapon with 0 slash damage and increased slash damage percentage or to give a bow faster reload speed. Naturally players will reroll the mods if the stats they receive are mostly (or entirely) useless.

The idea of increasing the cost is to prevent players from continuing to reroll until they get the "perfect" mod, but I'm much more willing to settle if I can at least get one to a usable state. (And, due to the Riven mod cost of 18 points, a usable state has to be reasonably good or it would be better to just install normal mods.)

I've had 3 riven mods. 

First one was a Panthera riven and no amount of mod assistance will make that pile of junk worth it ever, second a Penta riven rolled it 8 times under the previous systems only for it to get progressively worse with each roll til I just said screw it and left it, thrid was a karak riven rolled 9  times with the current system and it did the same as the Penta one just kept getting worse with each roll. I've since fed all 3 to the endo compactor since none of em were worth the bother.

x7xSsCw.jpg

1 - what I got from the quest. Nice enough, though that +90% crit damage was additive, so with this mod Tonkor went from 7x crit multiplier to about 9x and not to 14x which I would like...

2 - first re-roll. Wish I didn't. Just plain unusable.

3 - After the Nerf. A mod that was bad got worse.

I guess, good thing I didn't bother to roll it more. And even better still that I'm not in love with Tonkor. I can only guess how people who got mods for sentinel weapons feel about this system.

Did 2 sorties. Got 4000 endo for the two of them. I hear getting endo 5 times in a row is rather common. Hard to think of a reason to do them again.