Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Scorches have omnipotent flames

Cliff_Racer

This is something I observed most readily in Derelict Exterminate missions.

While playing the mission and taking it slow to scan kavats, I quite often take extreme amounts of damage at once and die a few seconds after from a burning proc. This has happened to me with startling consistency when there is a Grineer Scorch around the corner or even in the next room (with a closed door) that is fighting Infested. I'm not sure if it hits me if it's not directly hitting the infested target, or if it's hitting me because it's able to for some nebulous reason. I almost lost three kavat genetic codes in one mission to this bug, and HAVE lost genetic codes to this bug in the past.

I've actually had this happen too, even whilst in Prowl as Ivara, and having no enemies near me at all.

It has actually left me quite puzzled, but what you're saying really does make quite a lot of sense, seen as it only happens in missions with Grineer. Perhaps this could be the cause? All I do know is that it's quite surprising to lose half your health in less than a second, whilst nothing is visibly hitting you.

Quite an unusual bug, that's for sure.

Little update on this issue: It's not just Derelict missions where this is happening, and I now fear Grineer missions due to the existance of level 30 and above Scorches. I was attacked by New Loka spectres and I ended up getting killed by a Scorch that started fighting the spectres.