Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason why Banshee isn't the next prime is due to popularity.

KisaPrime

12 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Its fing stupid if you ask me.

screw valk p. Most boring frame to play (hit 4, invincible)

At least banshee is valuable to a team

Are you kidding me? 1st - I saw a lot of Banshees who do nothing except pressing 4. 2nd - I play Valk a lot and only use 4 if I'm almost dead, 90% I play without it. Her best ability is 1 ofc

17 minutes ago, Kobold101 said:

You saw a lot of them around because he was new. Anything new is bound to be played a lot. Now, I don't see Nekros Prime at all outside of random defense and survival missions for the farm. 

Banshee will be no different. She'll see heavy usage when she's primed, then quickly be forgotten, because no one likes Banshee. 

This is wrong on so many levels, No nekros Isn't just played because hes new, Many people including me a few on my friend list and clan discovered how tanky and fun to play he is.

saying no one likes banshee, is such an empty and silly statement, and what makes me cringe more is that you say it as if its a fact, Here's a fact for you. Fun or Liking something ingeneral is subjective, Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone on the planet doesn't like that certain thing.

1 minute ago, Midrib said:

This is wrong on so many levels, No nekros Isn't just played because hes new, Many people including me a few on my friend list and clan discovered how tanky and fun to play he is.

saying no one likes banshee, is such an empty and silly statement, and what makes me cringe more is that you say it as if its a fact, Here's a fact for you. Fun or Liking something ingeneral is subjective, Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone on the planet doesn't like that certain thing.

He saw heavy usage when he came out, then dropped off. It's like that with all frames, primed or otherwise.

It seems you don't know what hyperbole is. ofc I know there's some people that like Banshee. But she's one of the least popular frames for a reason. 

8 minutes ago, Kobold101 said:

He saw heavy usage when he came out, then dropped off. It's like that with all frames, primed or otherwise.

It seems you don't know what hyperbole is. ofc I know there's some people that like Banshee. But she's one of the least popular frames for a reason. 

Yeah, people don't know how to play her.

Banshee is a tank frame, something people don't seem to realize. Nothing can kill you if you kill it all!

It was going to be either Banshee or Valkyr anyway. Banshee's up next, chill out. Personally my only issue with Valkyr P is that it's not based on the Gersemi skin, which it totally should be. Hell, I will pay for a Gersemi Prime skin.

Edited by ToXxy145

30 minutes ago, ToXxy145 said:

It was going to be either Banshee or Valkyr anyway. Banshee's up next, chill out. Personally my only issue with Valkyr P is that it's not based on the Gersemi skin, which it totally should be. Hell, I will pay for a Gersemi Prime skin.

There was a thread floating around that suggested that the Prime was the original Valkyr, Gersemi was the Tenno-created Valkyr, and the normal Valkyr was the Corpus-corrupted Valkyr. Those things on her wrists could've been the Corpus trying to replicate the Orokin parts using their own technology. In this theory, the Tenno didn't even try to remake it. 

Basically, Gersemi is the Tenno-made Valkyr, and the regular Valkyr is the Corpus expirmenting to see if they could recreate a prime. 

1 minute ago, Kobold101 said:

There was a thread floating around that suggested that the Prime was the original Valkyr, Gersemi was the Tenno-created Valkyr, and the normal Valkyr was the Corpus-corrupted Valkyr. Those things on her wrists could've been the Corpus trying to replicate the Orokin parts using their own technology. In this theory, the Tenno didn't even try to remake it. 

Basically, Gersemi is the Tenno-made Valkyr, and the regular Valkyr is the Corpus expirmenting to see if they could recreate a prime. 

Makes sense, I guess. I just prefer Gersemi > Default, and I hope Gersemi will have a shiny Prime version.

I prefer banshee over valkyr, valkyr is just too nooby for me while banshee can fill several roles  with the right modding and setups. only thing I would love to see with most frames abilities is to toggle the range of their effectiveness quick press for short hold for 10 secs for max range>> silence ability.

short would be more of a melee thing  (finishers)  max range would be for a quick cc (support).. versatility is lacking in this game in playstyles.

2 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

I prefer banshee over valkyr, valkyr is just too nooby for me while banshee can fill several roles  with the right modding and setups. only thing I would love to see with most frames abilities is to toggle the range of their effectiveness quick press for short hold for 10 secs for max range>> silence ability.

short would be more of a melee thing  (finishers)  max range would be for a quick cc (support).. versatility is lacking in this game in playstyles.

"Too nooby" ? May I ask what you mean by that?

1 hour ago, Kobold101 said:

I still see him being played everyday which means while he dropped off from his Prime release he still gained popularity because he is used more than he was before.

Banshee is the least popular because she is a glass support, people don't like going down and people don't like playing support, its not because she is bad its because people can't play frames unless those frames are immortal or dish out damage that empties room's.

2 hours ago, ToXxy145 said:

Used to be much truer before Hysteria got changed.

Like many toggle abilities that consume EoT on the basis of efficiency and duration, this can be reprimanded with Arcane Energize.

Then again, there's the majority of players that find Arcanes as "cheat codes," therefore this comment is moot.

1 hour ago, mustache_kitteh said:

I started to notice that only a couple of months ago. 

Yeap the same, the augment for SQ created a new fan zone for Banshee. 

Without taking too much care I'd say there's a Banshee in at least 1/20 of my pubs, where I only see Valkyrs in 1/30 (?) 

However I barely see anything else than Sim Sin Mirages, Novas and Embers everywhere. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Like many toggle abilities that consume EoT on the basis of efficiency and duration, this can be reprimanded with Arcane Energize.

Then again, there's the majority of players that find Arcanes as "cheat codes," therefore this comment is moot.

Haven't much as touched raids so can't really speak about Arcanes. Don't have enough ppl to assemble a raid and didn't bother running with other people.