Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason why Banshee isn't the next prime is due to popularity.

KisaPrime

9 hours ago, Newnight said:

Wait then why didnt they just use germ's valkyr wing things?

Because wings don't start at the shoulders they sprout from the shoulder blades. However in warframe the closest we get to wings is arch-wing. Which sprout from the section between the lower back and the shoulder blades.  Which is exactly where the cernos is holstered

23 hours ago, Ascarith said:

Personally much more interested in Banshee than Valkyr. Also slightly irked because I've been wanting to potato my Banshee (but haven't, since her Prime was next in line. Now I got to wait even longer...).

Also doesn't give me a good feeling about what's going to happen when (or if) Zephyr's turn rolls around. :(

I would LOVE zephyr prime. You just caressed my soul with the possibilities :P

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

I would LOVE zephyr prime. You just caressed my soul with the possibilities :P

If it's really based on popularity, y'all know we're going to get Mirage Prime or Ivara Prime first rather than Zephyr *readies plat for Ivara Prime*

But seriously, the biggest factor for Valkyr Prime release is probably because it's Christmas. I'm sure it won't happen again...

...not :P

22 hours ago, -Akeva-Banshee- said:

It's Nova Prime all over again. Don't get me wrong, I ended up liking Nova Prime because it was fan made Frame. Valkyr Really? I was saving money to spend on Banshee PA, But nope not getting a cent from me for Valkity Prime. Besides Cernos Prime would have made a lot more sense with Banshee. Claws yeah II can see that for Valkyr tho.

I think the cernos prime is just there to make her look better (I don't really like valkyr prime compared to default and even gersemi). A lot of people use cernos just for the looks on your back.

As someone who likes both Valk and Banshee...

I can see why others are upset about this PA, but it's literally the one perfect PA for me. My first day of WF I bought Valk, Cernos, and Venka with plat. Used them exclusively for nearly a month. So this PA is a nice throwback for me, and i'm pretty hyped for it.

That being said, Banshee getting moved aside for valk is a little annoying, but that's it. I mean, she's next (probably), so there isn't really a reason to freak out over it.

Edited by (XB1)Gray Silhouette

I don't really care which of them is on the team... I mean on one hand, the Valkyr can rez/pick up people that have fallen, unless a nully decides to give her a hug.

On the other hand, Banshee is very team friendly.

So... meh, in that regards.

As for why I feel Banshee should've been the next one? Well... Saryn came out.... and I don't think a lot of players really played her that much.... maybe they did just to try out her new rework, but from what I saw, a lot of the community disliked the rework, and probably still do (I'm ok with it).
But yeah, Saryn and Banshee kind of came out like a set or something as far as I thought I knew or remember... But eh, if they want to break it up and change it up, that's also fine... I mean heck Nova came out too, breaking the order of what some players thought (oldest frames getting primed first train of thought). But it is probably based on popularity. Or based on rework too. Who knows anymore. Maybe a combination of both?

I remember back in 2014  I had a private conversation with DE Meagan when the Cernos came out, and she asked what I liked about warframe. I told her I would love to have a second prime bow (cernos) and that Excalibur needed a little more armor to compliment my melee only playstyle. Her reply was " sounds interesting"

Now almost 3 years later I can say it looks promising and half way complete and a big thank you to DE, as Cernos is one of my favorite weapons, Latron being #1 for me.

on the Valkyr being nooby statement, she was the only frame that seemed to not have any weaknesses to almost all contents of the game when you pop hysteria and warcry. perfect for nightmare missions and other types of handicapped missions.

a lot of players used this frame (valkyr) as a set it and forget it frame hence the statement "too nooby for me"

On 20/11/2016 at 2:49 AM, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Its fing stupid if you ask me.

screw valk p. Most boring frame to play (hit 4, invincible)

At least banshee is valuable to a team

Prime Salt at its finest. With hints of Prime Disappointment. 10/10 would ragequit again.

On 20/11/2016 at 2:49 AM, Gladeus-Ex-Machina said:

I actually prefer Banshee to Valkyr, mostly because Soprana > Gersemi.

... I'll show myself out.

I agree, Soprana is a beautiful deluxe skin. The helmet isn't horrible at least like gersemi. Once you see the ball mouth gag thing you can't unsee it.

On 20/11/2016 at 3:03 AM, JalakBali said:

She's more vaulable to the team.... but no one wants to play her.

Which is odd since Resonance Banshee + AOE weapon wrecks everything. Probably because she's so fragile so either you're master parkour that never stops moving or you kills everything before they get in range. And a lot of people don't like using survival mods like Vitality or Redirection because it's "NOT OPTIMAL".

Mirage and S Simulor does the same job at clearing enemies. And 15 armor means getting oneshotted at high levels. Which is a big no no in sortie or trials.

On 20/11/2016 at 3:24 AM, FLSH_BNG said:

Savage Silence on my Banshee with a Covert Lethality dagger is deadlier than any Ash could hope to be.

Until a tonkor or a Simulor sweeps in before you are done with your first finisher. Also, Ash is multi target while melee finisher is single target. Ash' Deeps (dps) wins at squad wiping.

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17

On 11/21/2016 at 9:00 PM, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Mirage and S Simulor does the same job at clearing enemies. And 15 armor means getting oneshotted at high levels. Which is a big no no in sortie or trials.

Her first ability is a damage mitigation as it decreased her of getting directly shot.

On 2016. 11. 20. at 3:03 AM, JalakBali said:

She's more vaulable to the team.... but no one wants to play her.

Which is odd since Resonance Banshee + AOE weapon wrecks everything. Probably because she's so fragile so either you're master parkour that never stops moving or you kills everything before they get in range. And a lot of people don't like using survival mods like Vitality or Redirection because it's "NOT OPTIMAL".

I am one of them. Banshee is one of my favorite frames. Good for Intercept and MD with 250% range and full efficiency for CC only. Good for killing with Resonating Quake + high range&str. Good support with Resonance augment + high duration and max str.

When I go akkad to level weapons I always bring my Sonar Banshee with 299% stregth. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

And it's reasonable to use a cheese setup to argue efficiency than it is to use a frame that has technical merit.

It's not cheese. It's efficient. Less work=same or better result. And the mane reason people take other frames into missions unlike crab head.