Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime - The Right Choice | State of the Frame S1 Ep 3 Topic (Now With Edited Video)

(PSN)chaos-SD

Instead of posting this State of the Frame Topic with the first half that contained spoilers for The War Within, I thought I'd talk about the choice to skip a possible Banshee Prime for Valkyr Prime.  Simply put, Valkyr has received two looks and tweaks from DE in the past year.  When we look at Nekros' tweak, I doubt there would be many who feel that Terrify and soul punch going without adjustments or changes were for the Warframe's benefit.  So, with War Within only just behind us by a week, it didn't feel like Banshee, the most likely other choice for the upcoming prime had received some TLC that she might need.  Even though she is just fine, looking at sound quake with respect to Mesa and Ash, DE is moving towards more player involvement, not just turn a move on, walk away, and come back to find everything dead.  Also Silence and Sonic Boom feel like they could potentially use some love too if any of her moves could receive improvements. 

All in all at the end of the day I think it is a benefit to the community when the upcoming Prime is one that has been looked at within the scope of what we might refer to as a "modern day Warframe" which to me means, more involvement from the player, and potentially more unison within a Warframe's set of abilities.  So maybe, it isn't best to aim for making the next Primes the Warframes that are simply up next and rather the frames that have either been updated within a reasonable amount of time, or those that have had and continue to maintain a strong kit as the game continues to grow and shift.

I hope you guys enjoy what I have to say here, and as always, thanks for giving me a shot.

Update: ...sigh...I accidentally did not cut an original take for this video, a portion where I made an error in the first take and let the recording go and made the second take.  Normally I would have left this up, however, not gonna lie, I picked my nose -_-  I'm an adult, sometimes in the privacy of one's space you just want clearer breathing holes.  And while I'm fine with admitting that, I don't want it on video on my youtube channel.  LOL I will improve!! An edited version of the video will be back up shortly.

Update: Well...that happened, haha.  Nothing better to do than to laugh at oneself and move forward. :]

Edited by (PS4)chaos-SD
Made cuts to original video. Updates in description.

2 hours ago, (PS4)chaos-SD said:

...sigh...I accidentally did not cut an original take for this video, a portion where I made an error in the first take and let the recording go and made the second take.  Normally I would have left this up, however, not gonna lie, I picked my nose -_-  I'm an adult, sometimes in the privacy of one's space you just want clearer breathing holes.  And while I'm fine with admitting that, I don't want it on video on my youtube channel.  LOL I will improve!! An edited version of the video will be back up shortly.

I was writing up a lengthy comment(first time viewer) and was surprised to get an error when I clicked on 'send'. I'll post it when the edited video is up.

17 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I was writing up a lengthy comment(first time viewer) and was surprised to get an error when I clicked on 'send'. I'll post it when the edited video is up.

Apologies for the long wait, I have the first half of your reply posted on YouTube.  Second part is coming shortly...felt bad for making ya wait :l