Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call It What It Is. (Clip/magazine)

Epithetical

That's hardly an accurate analogy. You know the difference, I presume, so it's hardly comparable.

You're right; Correcting/being annoyed by Your vs You're is much more forgivable, everybody learns the difference in school. Places with tight gun control or people with little interest in guns won't know that a clip and a magazine are different

Edited by BinoAl

I don't even understand how people are arguing about this. It's the wrong word. There's no argument to be made. 

Yeah, it's the wrong word, my point is that it gets the point across. People just get overly upset over small mistakes ;p

Because magazine is also inaccurate, not all the weapons have magazines, some don't have either. Considering most of the general public has already homogenised the meaning of both into one idea: 'something that is used to store ammo for quick reloading' it's fine for them to just pick one and use it.

Amended thread title to reflect the thread content.

Cleaned up spam.

Removed swearfilter circumvention in OP.
Moved to Weapon Feedback.

On Topic: Has been mentioned before, multiple times. Is considered a non-issue, but DE is aware. For now, the common (mis)conception of both terms is apparently sufficient. I suggest easing up and simply accepting it for the time being. Not worth it to lose one's cool over.

Ok, no need to get upset.

Especially since even with the differences, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines a clip as “a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles” and ”also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.”

Even the dictionary most people uses says that Clip can refer to a magazine. There are differences but its a forgivable one in this case with what the general target audience understands things as.

The primary difference between clip and magazine is this: A "Stripper clip," is used to load rounds into bolt action rifles, and some pistols (The Broomhandle for instance.) They work by holding just the base of the rounds in a metal clip, which is is held above the loading chamber of the fire arm, and the rounds pushed out. The clip is then discarded, or saved for later use.

A magazine actually surrounds the ammo, and is attached to the gun and drained of ammunition, usually via the top, pushed up by a spring inside.

The difference is honestly a moot point. I could easily see the Braton being loaded via a stripper clip, as there is no apparent magazine mounted on it. Same goes for Latron. And Hek. And Strun. And most of the other fire arms.

Clip vs Magazine is just like Your vs You're; Everyone knows what you mean in both circumstances, but correcting others on it makes you feel superior.

You mean "you're vs. your".

Consider yourself corrected! ...but we knew what you meant.