Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace rush with proper defense

Spiros78

Not long ago, we also had Defense mission in archwing, but people would not play it mostly because it was split in two containers to guard at same time and xp range too small for archwing. Now we don't have defense but we have this rush mission that i dought anyone also plays, mostly because archwing turning delay makes u hit and "buy" walls in corpus tilesets that look like a labyrinth, so why ruin our nerves this way? I say better, remove this rush thing, make turning more direct, and make a proper grineer/corpus defense of one container like usual defenses are.

I actually liked Archwing Defense because of the two objectives.  It did need a larger Affinity sharing range though and the objectives needed scaling health and shields (they were always 500 Shields, 2500 Health regardless of enemy level.  Even the lower level Archwing Mobile Defense mission had higher stats on the objectives and you didn't have to defend them for as long).  But I really liked the fact you could get double rewards if your team was good enough and coordinated enough to keep the two objectives up.  Reaching wave 20, after 2 players dropped out at wave 10, and getting both the weapon parts I was after at the same time was an amazing feeling.

Rush I don't much care for.  I did it once to clear the node and once more as a challenge to show that it can be done with starter gear and less than 20 points spent on mods with no rares.  After those two runs I didn't see much point.  I know I can do it & I know I can do it with restricted build but I have no need to do it.  If I want to play around with Archwing I'll run a node that actually has combat rather than one where I don't have time to engage the enemy and thus get no Affinity, mods or resources from it.

Edited by Katinka

So you want a mission to be removed because people are bad at it? I don't see how that's the mission's fault 

and AW def was a great concept, a unique one. If DE took the time to balance the HP of the targets, work on the spawn locations and increase the @(*()$ XP range, then it'll be very good 

The AW defense is now only available as a rare Alert mission. The idea behind it is great but what I hated about it was the enemy spawn rate. There were moments were there was a painfully long pause of nothingness before new enemies decided to show up.

And unlike regular missions when there are only 1-2 enemies left at the end of a wave that would show up on radar, in this case they would not. So you had to blindly spend 5-10 minutes searching for that last enemy to advance the mission.

All this together in the worst case scenario, it would take an hour to reach wave 20. Ugh.
The very limited shield/health of the ships made it unwise to even go beyond wave 20 since a Penta Ranger will destroy them with 2 shots.
I wasn't even aware of the affinity range thing, the issues I listed above alone made me hate that mode right away.

Rush mode I have no problem with it. It's quick and rewards me with more Lith relics than I know what to do with them.
A 3D map is understandably very much required for AW missions regarding loot pickups. 

Pursuit mode, however seriously needs its reward table looked at. It's terrible. I think it's bugged. I saw on reddit a datamined ABC rotation reward table for it but it seems no matter how fast or slow you finish the mission, we always get rotation A rewards.