Last devstream overview - WTF

Sarge_Tarmus

I just saw the overview for the last devstream and looks like in 2017 developers are going to add ,,self-damage on weapons". Really? This is worst thing I heard about this game! This is worse than nerfing Carrier. Does it mean, that after uasing my Hek and Nikana Prime, I will need to pay platinum to repair this? Or build another one? So what is next? Are you going to do the same thing with warframes? Sentinels?
This idea is totally wrong. You know, why GR: Phantoms failed? Because there was self-damage on weapons and too many microtransactions. I do not want to see a failure of this game. I know, other players does not want to see this too. And I'm sure, that developers will not want to see.

As far as I know, they never said that. The topic of self damage refers to explosive weapons, like the Penta, which can harm you if it explodes too close. A guy asked if they will implement something like that for the Tonkor and the Simulor, and DE didn't give a definitive answer, don't worry.

7 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

As far as I know, they never said that. The topic of self damage refers to explosive weapons, like the Penta, which can harm you if it explodes too close. A guy asked if they will implement something like that for the Tonkor and the Simulor, and DE didn't give a definitive answer, don't worry.

Think they may have mentioned the blast proc too.

Which I would be against. Blast isn't amazing in the first place, if it starts self-harming it'll be a bigger put off.

Edited by Naith

I couldn't watch the stream. As a console user, I didn't want to spoil myself on War Within, even if I did it with 2nd Dream T-T (even if SD was only in parts that made no sense on their own..and facebook WF groups have zero help when people post extremely spoiler parts of the quest when asking for help).

But stop crying about self damage. Explosives only, and I think the Simulor acts as a "launcher" like the Ignis rather than an explosive like the Penta. (still waiting for self damage Tonkors however so I won't have to see it every mission with Ash/Mirage..)

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Noo, whole topic was a knee jerk reaction to misconstrued grenade/rocket conversation.

Ok thats good then.

If blast is applied to all explosives, that will hurt your allies as well right?

I really wonder how the gameplay will change once this hits.

I foresee flamethrowers and gas to be the next to be added.

Troll paradise.

DE mention Self Damage because the abuse of Glaive toxic build to Chroma Warframe user using Vex Armor skill with Max Duration and Strength build to get 40 second buff of 5.96 multiplier bonus to Primary Weapon and Secondary Weapon.

It happen when QuickThinking + Rage on Trinity self damage to gain 99% Bless Duration with long duration

so basicly incoming nerf or balance (less self damage on certain weapon)

Edited by ---Greed---

46 minutes ago, maj.death said:

...Self damage as in weapons with explosions will hurt the user if they are in the blast range.

Like this hasn't been a thing for...how long?

The only exception is the Tonkor, which Scott explained, even if the explanation was a bit lame, but he did acknowledge it as a big mistake. No kidding, right?

We’ll be looking into self-damage on weapons in 2017

I didn't watch the Devstream, but I hope that means they are going to rework existing self-damage, not to add more. And thank god for that. Self-damage really need something to be done about it