Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Law of Retribution Bug Compilation (including general trial bugs)

Venn2

[PENDING BETTER FORMATTING AND ADDITIONAL BUGS]

Glossary: 

• "Phase" refers to the major 3 parts of a raid - each raid has 3 phases
  • "Stage" refers to the distinct subparts of each phase - for example, phase 1 stage 2 refers to the decryption stage
  • Severity:
    • Low 
      • the bug is either benign or just a minor inconvenience. "Medium" means the bug is 
    • Medium
      • significant loss of functionality or change in gameplay
    • Extreme
      • critical issue, progression stopper, possibly without a known workaround, FIX ASAP

Important: Make a post in here even if your bug has already been listed. If it hasn't make highly detailed bug report if possible. If more people get the same bug as you have, this post will be updated. 

Do you want to help get these fixed? Here's how:

• If you are a client (non-host):
    • whenever you get one of these bugs, leave a comment in this thread, every time you get it.
      • even if you already reported it, it's helpful to know the bug still persists, especially after patches or hotfixes. 
      • if you have additional information not present in the current entry, please leave a detailed description in your post
      • include any screenshots, or even better - videos of the bug
    • ask your host to read this
  • if you are the host, follow these steps carefully:
    • some bugs have codes associated with them. Locate your bug and its associated code in the following list:
      • WAR-1109683 - Sometimes enemies don't spawn and the bomb cannot be produced in  phase 1 (bug #1)
      • WAR-1109699 - Synoid Heliocor/SotD prevents bomb from spawning at all in stage 3 (bug #4)
      • WAR-1109703 - LoR Nightmare proxy mines
    • copy/paste the code into in-game party chat and send the message
    • after finishing the raid (regardless of whether you had to quit or could proceed), exit the game immediately
    • locate your EE.log file by following these steps:
      • press Ctrl+R to launch your Run console
      • type or copy/paste %localappdata%\warframe into it, or go to that folder manually
      • locate a file called EE.log
      • move the file to any other folder
      • go here: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=50884 and file a full bug report.
        • For category, choose "Files/Logs requested in forums"
        • In the description area, leave a short description of the bug, mention that your log should be attached to the bug with the code you located previously, and mention that you send a message containing that code when the bug occurred

All this may seem like a lot of work, but it really only takes a few minutes and we appreciate it a lot. Please help us help DE clean up our raids. 

1.) Sometimes enemies don't spawn and bomb is inaccessible in phase 1

Spoiler

Severity: Medium (critical progression stopper, only happens to select hosts)

Description: See title

Occurrence: Relative (100% with certain hosts, 0% with others)

Reproduction: Find a host this has happened to before, have them host the raid

Avoidance: Make sure your host doesn't have this issue

Workaround/Fix: Restart

2.) [ALL TRIALS] In the raid lobby, 'mute' icons are overlayed over player avatars and sometimes hide players' 'ready' state

Spoiler

Severity: Low (mild inconvenience)

Description: See image: http://imgur.com/a/Tffk5

Occurrence: 100%

Reproduction: Start any raid lobby and invite additional players

Avoidance: Unknown

Workaround/Fix: Unknown

3.) Attempting to hack a console in operator mode and dying before completion will make the console permanently inaccessible

Spoiler

Severity: Medium (progression stopper with well-known avoidance)

Description: If you start hacking any console in phase 1 as an operator, but then lose your operator HP and get transferred back to your warframe, the console is rendered permanently inaccessible. 

Occurrence: 100%

Reproduction: Start hacking one of the consoles, then wait until enemies shoot at you and deplete your 100 operator hp (while still hacking)

Avoidance: Do not start any hacks in operator mode

4.) Assuming control of bomb carriers in phase 3 makes the bomb permanently inaccessible

Spoiler

Severity: Medium (progression stopper with well-known avoidance)

Description: Using a mechanic that turns enemies into friendly units (such as Shadows of the Dead or Synoid Heliocor) on bomb carriers will  keep you from obtaining the bomb. Even if the now-friendly carrier dies, their bomb does not drop. No further bombs ever spawn. 

Reproduction: Use SotD or Synoid Heliocor on an enemy bomb carrier in phase 3

Avoidance: Obvious

5.) [Nightmare] Mines in phase 2, stage 2 (hijack stage) don't work

Spoiler

Severity: Low (benign)

Description: The mines in the train phase do not detonate on contact with the train, and even if detonated manually by shooting at them, they have no effect on the train. This bug has been present for over 1 year.

Repdoruction: Complete LoR NM up to phase 2, stage 2

Avoidance: None

Workaround/Fix: Let enemies shoot the train to simulate mine explosions, thus adding artificial difficulty. 

6.) [FIXED] [Nightmare] Spectres spawn as enemies

Spoiler

Description: Any specters deployed by players in the Nightmare version of The Law of Retribution will behave as if they were enemy units, being vulnerable to players and attacking them

Reproduction: Deploy a specter in the Nightmare version of The Law of Retribution

Avoidance: Don't use specters

7.)  Using Nova's Worm Hole doesn't activate pressure plates correctly

Spoiler

Description: Using Nova's Worm Hole to get to one of the pressure plate in the first half of Phase 2 in Law of Retribution will fail the puzzle (see video in this forum post)

Reproduction: See video

Avoidance: Don't use Worm Holes to get on the pressure plates

8.) In phase 1, the south-west and south-east doors open without the need for activating pads

Spoiler

Severity: Low (benign)

Description: If the tritium battery spawn point is north, and player spawn point is south, then the SW and SE doors open automatically, as soon as players come near them. If 2 players stand on pressure plates, the doors are fixed and continue to function normally (requiring pressure plates to open). 

Reproduction: Start LoR, approach one of the doors mentioned above. Getting close enough will open it. 

Avoidance: -

Workaround/Fix: Stant on pads like you would with the northern 2 doors, this fixes the door

9.) In phase 2, stage 1, the button puzzle will fail to recognize all players.

Spoiler

Severity: Medium

Description: (from one player's account)  When doing the puzzle with 8 players the screen in the front of the room was showing 6/8 blue lights (we noticed it when 5/8 players were standing on pads) but the consoles and symbols were operating normally. When 7th and 8th players stepped on the pad it didn't recognize them and one stepped off. The rest of us died on the pads and after reviving we tried again and the puzzle reset to a normal state. When two players stepped on the pads the main doors opened and we could proceed normally.

Occurrence: Low (only one reported instance)

Reproduction: -

Avoidance: -

Workaround/Fix: See description

10.)  [FIXED]  Phase 3. The spawning of the bomb during the boss fight can be severely delayed when too many "non-lancer" enemies have spawned.

Spoiler

Severity: Low-medium (mild inconvenience for most, significant issue in speedruns)

Description: If too much CC is applied to enemies so as to lock them in their spawning rooms, bombs can fail to spawn for long periods of time (30 seconds). Please reserve one spot of enemy capacity for a bomb carrier. 

Occurrence: Medium (50% ish, situational)

Avoidance: Keep killing enemies and reduce amount of CC in phase 3

Workaround/Fix: When bomb fails to spawn, kill as many enemies as possible until problem is fixed

11.) [ALL TRIALS] Game crashes during or shortly after loading into phase 2 when using 32bit mode (possible in both raids)

Spoiler

Severity: Medium (not many affected, but those that are lose ability to host)

Description: For some people, the game crashes shortly after loading into phase 2 of either raid when they are the host. This issue has started occurring after TWW, and has been very consistent with all affected hosts. Those that have been affected seem to crash in 100% of instances (hard to say since they tend to stop hosting shortly afterwards). 

update: Everyone that I know to have had this problem turned out to be using 32bit Warframe. The issue was fixed after switching to 64bit (but still persists for 32bit)

Occurrence: Relative (100% if affected, none otherwise)

Reproduction: Switch Warframe to 32bit mode in the launcher settings, then host a raid. It should crash out (freeze indefinitely) shortly after reaching phase 2 in either raid.

Avoidance: Keep WF in 64bit mode if hosting

Workaround/Fix: -

12.) [ALL RAIDS] Transitioning from phase 1 to phase 2 can sometimes change your loadout

Spoiler

Severity: Medium (significant inconvenience depending on who is affected, but not a progression-stopping issue)

Occurrence: Low (about 20%, given the player starts from arsenal)

Description: Sometimes, if a player swaps frames/builds/loadouts and doesn't exit the arsenal before starting the raid, he will switch to his previous selection upon transitioningbetween phases in any raid. 

Reproduction: First, get invited to the raid lobby. It is unknown whether hosts can reproduce this bug as well. Then, enter arsenal and swap to a different loadout. (it may be important to do this just as the raid starts, remains to be tested). Important: do NOT leave the arsenal afterwards. Proceed to complete the raid. During one of the two transitions between phases in the raid, you should swap back to the initial gear setup you had before you made changes. 

Avoidance: Exit the arsenal before the raid starts (possibly before the 10 second timer starts as well)

Workaround/Fix: None, you better hope your previous gear choices are raid-worthy!

Edited by Venn2

[Nightmare] Specters spawn as enemies

Spoiler

Description: Any specters deployed by players in the Nightmare version of The Law of Retribution will behave as if they were enemy units, being vulnerable to players and attacking them

Reproduction: Deploy a specter in the Nightmare version of The Law of Retribution

Avoidance: Don't use specters

Using Nova's Worm Hole doesn't activate pressure plates correctly

Spoiler

Description: Using Nova's Worm Hole to get to one of the pressure plate in the first half of Phase 2 in Law of Retribution will fail the puzzle (see video in this forum post)

Reproduction: See video

Avoidance: Don't use Worm Holes to get on the pressure plates

Edited by -dicht.Nspace-
Add new bug

I love playing the raids ever since I've had a taste of actually finishing one which started with the Law of Retribution, nightmare version, and Jordas Verdict but with all the bugs that are happening now, it's very irritating finishing one right now, We would like to have this bugs fix.

One interesting bug that keeps happening now is the sudden change of warframe loadout while in the actual raid from phase 1 to phase 2.

I've had this strange bug happen in LoR

Phase 1, stage 1 -> No enemies, and the bomb doesn't spawn.

Spoiler

Occurence: Happened twice in a row 2 days ago and has not happened again

Description: We were doing an all Limbo raid and all but one connected (we re-invited that player). I was the host but I did not use the key. Right at the beginning there were no enemies but we could still hack both consoles in the main room. After successfully hacking both consoles the bomb didn't spawn. We tried again with the same setup (all Limbo, same host, same keyholder) and we got the same result. We changed the host (who was also keyholder) and we could proceed normally.

Confirmed  bug 5.

With respect to bug 1, I've had some instances of enemies not spawning, but there were no problems with the bomb. 

Would also like to add that in Stage 3, I've had 1 instance of the bomb carrier being unable to drop the bomb after entering operator mode. So  we let him him get constantly shot at, using the damage to reduce tritium stability to zero. Thankfully at 0% stability he dropped the bomb.

5 hours ago, TheAmunraaa said:

I've had this strange bug happen in LoR

Phase 1, stage 1 -> No enemies, and the bomb doesn't spawn.

Reveal hidden contents

Occurence: Happened twice in a row 2 days ago and has not happened again

Description: We were doing an all Limbo raid and all but one connected (we re-invited that player). I was the host but I did not use the key. Right at the beginning there were no enemies but we could still hack both consoles in the main room. After successfully hacking both consoles the bomb didn't spawn. We tried again with the same setup (all Limbo, same host, same keyholder) and we got the same result. We changed the host (who was also keyholder) and we could proceed normally.

I've had this bug as well several times. I was the host though.

Tried two times in a row and it happened each time. The only way I was able to fix it was to restart the game.

There is also a bug that appeared after TWW that make the game crash if you're the host in the second part of LoR.

It's  happening to me _every_ time I host and thus I've not been able to host since TWW.

The bug has been reported before here: 

and here: 

Can confirm that specters turn hostile towards myself and teammates in NM LOR.  It's happened to me twice. I used to like using them as additional CC in various stages, but haven't used them since finding out they turn hostile. It's irritating to me and a waste of my resources.  =/  

Can we please add the most oblivious bug to the list:

Phase 1, stage 1 -> Lower two doors open without standing on pressure pads

Spoiler

Description: On both of the lower tunnels the doors can be opened without stepping on pressure pads. The doors start to function normally if two players stand on the pressure pads simultaneously. They also start functioning normally after destroying the respective toxin injector.

Occurrence: 100%

Avoidance: If two players step on the pressure pads the doors start to function normally

And two other bugs

Phase 1 -> After the consoles reset their state, they don't reset visually

Spoiler

Description: If the consoles by toxin injectors are hacked too soon they reset (that's intended). The bug here is that they don't reset visually, meaning that the console "screens" stay gray and the surrounding lighting only sometimes returns. Most of the times the only indicator that the console is hackable is the prompt to hack it when standing next to it ("Press X to hack")

Occurrence: 100% for gray screens after resetting the state; Maybe 50% on surrounding yellow light (I'd need further testing)

Avoidance: Finish hacking after tritium battery has been charged to at least 60% so the consoles don't reset.

Phase 1, stage 1 -> The puzzle doesn't recognize all players.

Spoiler

Description: When doing the puzzle with 8 players the screen in the front of the room was showing 6/8 blue lights (we noticed it when 5/8 players were standing on pads) but the consoles and symbols were operating normally. When 7th and 8th players stepped on the pad it didn't recognize them and one stepped off. The rest of us died on the pads and after reviving we tried again and the puzzle reset to a normal state. When two players stepped on the pads the main doors opened and we could proceed normally.

Occurrence: Happened only once (didn't hear any other squad have the same issue)

Avoidance: If you see a similar scenario where more blue lights are lit you'll probably have to do the same thing

Edited by TheAmunraaa

Phase 3. The spawning of the bomb during the boss fight can be severly delayed when too many "non-lancer" enemies have spawned.

Description: see title

Occurence: 100% if lots of "non-lancer" enemies are present

Avoidance: killing "non-lancers" enemies (mostly hyekka and hyekka masters).

Fix:make it so hyekka cannot spawn during the boss fight.

Phase 3 has no sky boundaries (at least in the part where you fight Vay Hek), making the likes of Titania and Zephyr able to get out of bounds by flying upwards infinitely. The Fomorian also lacks any collision whatsoever, possibly because you aren't ever supposed to be up there in the first place.

I just hosted a regular Law of Retribution Trial. When in Operator mode, -clm-joker was teleported and fell through the map.

Also as Davjo mentioned, there is no sky boundary in phase 2 and phase 3. I have experienced this several times. I'll head over to upload my log file.

Thank you for taking the time to address our concerns! It is nice to feel valued as a member of the Warframe Community for those of us who like to run Trials. Cheers!

Phase 3, the hud icon for the bomb carrier won't appear if they're still in a side room. Too much CC can make it look like there's no bomb for a while, but I will frequently find the carrier in one of these side rooms, frozen in place by Rhino or suspended by Vauban.

http://imgur.com/a/84f92
Had a bug in stage 2 with myself as a Nova. Used a portal upwards and appeared to land on an invisible floor.
Could not get down by using a downwards facing portal, tried by standing and looking down and by jumping and looking down. (portal ends at the level where i am standing).

First time happened to me

/unstuck did not work. Fixed by going towards the balcony in the 4 corners of the map where enemies can spawn. That caused me to drop down to the ground level back into the puzzle room.

Unfortunately after the raid I've closed and restarted WF, so I think the ee.log file was lost

Edited by seacamul

Thanks for the information. Some of these issues could greatly benefit from an EE.log from the affected host. The next time one of the below issues are encountered, if the host of the session could immediately close Warframe and grab their EE.log from their game directory it would be much appreciated. If they then create a support ticket, attach their saved EE.log and kindly ask support to attach it to the associated bug number below it may provide vital information to fixing the issue.

WAR-1109683 Sometimes enemies don't spawn and the bomb cannot be produced in Law of Retribution stage 1

WAR-1109668 Jordas Verdict decryption may stay at 0% and no enemies will spawn

WAR-1111770 Sometimes enemies don't spawn in final section of Jordas Verdict

@[DE]Clint thanks a lot for that information, I will make sure everyone knows about it. 

Since issue #3 from your post doesn't force a restart because of how Atlas works in JV, the host closing Warframe immediately would be extremely inconvenient for the group. Would it be a reasonable compromise for the host to just write that code into chat and send it, so you guys can just ctrl+F the moment it happened?

Also, I have already asked everyone submitting their bug reports to type WFRSBUG into chat and send it as soon as they encounter a bug, so you should be able to ctrl+F that in a lot of the ee.logs we already sent over. 

Can you give us more bug codes to use in case of other bugs, which would eliminate the need to restart the raid immediately? Thanks.

Yes definitely. In the case where you can still progress, closing the game after returning to the liset is also great. For some more codes:

WAR-1109671 - JV second nerve with host outside
WAR-1109699 - SotD/Synoid Heliocor bomb carrier
WAR-1109663 - JV t-pose on archwing transition
WAR-1109703 - LoR Nightmare proxy mines
WAR-1109660 - JV players failing transition to warframe from archwing

The other issues aren't in need of logs at the moment, but are definitely being tracked. Also the specters attacking players in nightmare is intentional and it is intentional that if you do not kill enemies (cc or otherwise), bomb carriers (or any enemies) will not spawn.