Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spolier] does the community actually like Kuva farming?

Hypernaut1

ok... how it goes is that you have to be in operator form to do this, when it starts to extract the kuva cloud (black and red cloud) look at the direction the braid is pointing then you should see the cloud, you have to dash through the cloud as your operator to deal damage then repeat the process 4 times.

other than that, the community would be entertained by the kuva farming if it weren't for the ridiculously low spawn chance

Just now, NobleParadox96 said:

ok... how it goes is that you have to be in operator form to do this, when it starts to extract the kuva cloud (black and red cloud) look at the direction the braid is pointing then you should see the cloud, you have to dash through the cloud as your operator to deal damage then repeat the process 4 times.

other than that, the community would be entertained by the kuva farming if it weren't for the ridiculously low spawn chance

This. I'd like to do more kuva farming if it wasn't so RNG locked. Need a steady supply of kuva, specially because we have something to sink our kuva into (rivens)

So basically, that machine will make a noise, one of the tendrils will point in a direction, you keep an eye out for the kuva (red smoke ball) and intercept it before it reaches the machine. You do this by pressing 5 to go into operator mods, then dashing through the kuva.

To answer the question, no from me. It's mind numbing grind, and seems designed to force us to play missions we traditionally avoid because they are not remotely fun. Will they give us an endless mode like excavation? Of course not, they want to encourage us to play non-endless missions! And by "encourage" I mean "force". At least give us an endless alternative that has half the hourly rate of income and see what people prefer, eh?

And no, none of this was made obvious from the quest as far as I can tell. The community figured it out on their own.

Edited by ChasePanic

6 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

ive read that...yet when i solo, its a confusing mass of enemies, jumping guardians, warping operators/WFs, clunky running and running out of energy. 

maybe because i play with a controller it makes it 10x harder, but so far its been extremely confusing to even get a handle of whats going on. Only Kuva ive gotten has been piggybacking off of others.

question- do i need to kill guardians? maybe i spend too much time focused on them

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

ive read that...yet when i solo, its a confusing mass of enemies, jumping guardians, warping operators/WFs, clunky running and running out of energy. 

maybe because i play with a controller it makes it 10x harder, but so far its been extremely confusing to even get a handle of whats going on. Only Kuva ive gotten has been piggybacking off of others.

it's best if you do it in a group rather than solo because it makes things a lot easier for you

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

question- do i need to kill guardians? maybe i spend too much time focused on them

My strategy going solo was to take Rhino, iron skin, then run around in circles until I see a kuva, then quickly grab it. 5-ctrl+space-5 quickly. With a bit of practice you can grab it and be back in the safety of your warframe in about 1 second.

Later I had some success experimenting with using Ivara and a stealth arrow with high range and duration to keep things calm until I grab the Kuva.

Frost with huge range and duration also works well as it'll freeze any enemy except the kuva guards, slowing the whole situation down significantly.

Edited by ChasePanic

• It's never explained in-game how you destroy the kuva siphon.
  • The chances of running into a siphon are low and only spawn above a certain level.
  • Siphons are easily bugged/confused by not having enough room for four directions, limiting the tile sets they work on.
  • There are no other ways to obtain kuva such as sorties, alerts, the kuva fortress, or a daily mission.

Every new resource is always the most terrible thing to be farming for. It's just insanity at this point.

Edited by Postal_pat

Just now, ChasePanic said:

My strategy going solo was to take Rhino, iron skin, then run around in circles until I see a juva, then quickly grab it. 5-ctrl+space-5 quickly. With a bit of practice you can grab it and be back in the safety of your warframe in about 1 second.

Later I had some success experimenting with using Ivara and a stealth arrow with high range and duration to keep things calm until I grab the Kuva.

Frost with huge range and duration also works well as it'll freeze any enemy except the kuva guards, slowing the whole situation down significantly.

Kuva is CC immune as of some old hotfix.

I dislike having a forced, needed resource that relies on one single, alienating mechanic to get. Being forced to use the Operator to retrieve a resource feels petty and shoehorned in as if DE really wants to force these children on us. I believe there should always be multiple ways a player can acquire something in a game in terms of design. Even tellurium, available only in Archwing, can still be found in alerts, and rewards.

If they plan to keep this forced, bizarre mechanic with the children, at least offer your players an alternative to acquiring kuva. Be it in daily logins, loot crates, invasion rewards, anything really.

Consider this - if other resources have a cache version (that are also available as decor on your liset) why not have kuva a normal, rare drop but have the kuva siphons be a rare, cache version of the resource?