The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spolier] does the community actually like Kuva farming?

Hypernaut1

At least with fissures you are guaranteed that every fissure mission will have a fissure in it, at the expense of having to collect relics.  Perhaps the answer would be to allow trading in relics for something that would guarantee a siphon, so that when you want one, you always have one (bonuses to kuva for more of these items in the group, and perhaps you have to trade in a different number of the same type of relic depending on their era, in return for a set number of siphon items).

simply put,  NO!  since it's inception I have only came across those kuva soldiers once. so just to get the rogga, zarr etc to build in the foundry is just not gonna happen for me, as I don't have the luxury of time on my side. and forget about riven mods being rerolled if I don't like the stats.

if this is the way that DE wants to take the game, this system fits right there with relics  system for me. both I just don't bother with  along with raids and lunaro. just not my cup of tea when it comes to progress and enjoyment<< its just swimming in molasses.

I think that kuva gathering need some tweaking to make it enjoyable. But it certanly do make the Greener missions more entertaining (details about what kind of entertainment under spoiler).

Spoiler

Mission: Spy

Frame: Loki

Details: Why do we have to break a new model of Greener vacuum cleaner? And more importantly, how can we break it?

Result: …..

Notes: If Greener will understand how much damage their new vacuum cleaner can withstand and will mount some guns on it, we are in trouble.

Mission: The War Within

Details: Hmmm

Results: Operator owns a new syadana to Warframe for thinking we wiped Orokin out just because they loved that musical puzzles too much

Notes: That was not a vacuum cleaner

Mission: Sortie, Eximus Stronghold

Details: Big room with little cover and three Rampants

Result: Secondary object failed

Mission: Capture

Details: Siphon and a capture target in the same room

Result: Partial success (2 braids destroyed)

Notes: No Rampants at least

Mission: Whatever

Details: Very small room, 10 seconds to intercept a cloud while dodging Kuva Guardians and other Greener

Result: 1 braid destroyed

Notes: Starting to understand why so much hate for Scorches

Mission: Sabotage

Details: Siphon in a quite room with practically no patrols

Result: Success

Notes: Yay us! Sold the footage of a Kuva Guardians having a tea party to Darvo. Stole some Greener cookies, with a little bit of research will make a fine ammunition to grenade launcher

Mission: No alert extermination with Extinguished Dragon Key to unveild a Riven mod

Frame: Ivara

Details: Took a peek into the room, spotted multileveled catwalks, a bottomless chasm and 1(?) Rampant

Result: Lanka Riven mode. Written a paper on a behavioral patterns of Kuva Guardians and Jesters

Notes: Let the Little Kween have it. Next time we will go after Corpus, Nullifiers or not

Mission: Sabotage. Scanning Kurias

Frame: Frost

Details: As soon as we jumped under water on Uranus at the start of a very long way to a next room we heard a transmission from a Little Kween. Arrived in a very bad mood to a siphon at the 7/8 kuva gathered

Result: Secondary object failed

Notes: Jesters have too many small and frail details to be transported frozen. No squeaky toy for our Kubrow. Yet

Mission: Nitain survival alert

Details: Multileveled catwalks, bottomless chasm and 1(?) Rampant. Life support capsules 2 tiles away. Stalker. Dieing 4 times. Running around on 13% of Life Support

Result: Nitain – check. Kuva Siphon destroyed – check. Angry Kween – check. Stalker – next time, you piece of infested $1%(

Notes: Loki was giving an Operator a silent treatment about Stalker getting a kill. He left the corner then Operator agreed that she will stop updating “What we are doing now” status so often and with so many details

Edited by rand0mname

18 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

ive read that...yet when i solo, its a confusing mass of enemies, jumping guardians, warping operators/WFs, clunky running and running out of energy. 

maybe because i play with a controller it makes it 10x harder, but so far its been extremely confusing to even get a handle of whats going on. Only Kuva ive gotten has been piggybacking off of others.

question- do i need to kill guardians? maybe i spend too much time focused on them

Oh, so I'm not the only one who feels like DE is punishing controller players? Literally every person I've talked to that uses a controller hates transference. It's impossibly clunky and buggy to use. 

And maybe it's just me, but kuva farming seems broken as hell. The kuva doesn't show up. I've watched the siphon suck up its whole meter without seeing a single red fog go near it, operator form or otherwise. 

Even if everything worked, I can't say any good thing about this system. Terrible, buggy, unfun, and vague. 

i found it "hillarious" that we had a double resource weekend a week or two before  a new major resource release, i remember similar stuff with Nitain, but i guess it doesn't work since its 1 per mission max, so waever. 

As it stands Kuva farm is more repetitive and more RNG than fissures and the amount of Kuva needed to roll something decent goes above 50k i would imagine, since we have no control at all. As it currently stands, i'm not touching Kuva farming until they fix majority of bugs associated with Kuva not working at all + remove this insane "chance occurence" of 1 in 5 runs roughly or give an opportunity to lock stats (either of those is a good step for allegedly BAD WEAPONS improvement :/ ) 

I like it as long as Kuva Siphons are guaranteed to spawn every mission.

But what would be fun is fighting Kuva Guardian only, all at once, and killing one of them gives you 100 Kuva.

I'd gladly fight  endless hordes of them if it were like that, with the Worm throwing a huge tantrum in the background.

4 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I know how to do it but I find the farming process to be pretty much the most unfun thing ever added thus far. 

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I like this game, and I know exactly how to farm for Kuva. But it is just so unenjoyable in its current form, that for once I have decided to just not bother until they make it easier, even if it means missing out rerolling rivens/building new kuva using weapons until then. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

First off, I wish there was a way to actually get credits while farming Kuva.  Maybe we could have a Kuva raid and you can get a Riven mod from it resetting weekly or something along with guaranteed credits and Kuva. Like an expanded Assault mission you need to craft a key for.  Another fun thing would be Kuva Alerts where its an exterminate mission and there are larger concentrations of Kuva Guards to fight.

Something I'd really like to see is a spy style mission with some way that you can't complete it as your Warframe, so you have to use your Operator to get into the spy rooms. Like some type of laser grid that you can Void Mode through without setting it off, enemies you can Void Blast and use Transference on to get across areas of the mission.

It would be interesting if they reworked the Zanuka Recovery Mission so that you had to first infiltrate the area as your Operator and then proceed with the mission as before.  Of course, it would only change to this version once you have completed TWW.

20 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

I don't like the RNG aspect of Kuva Siphon spawn rate, but for the actual fight, it's pretty easy and even fun once you figured out how to do it.  At least it's a bit different than other fights so I appreciate that.

Honestly I'm burnt out farming Kuva, the whole process feels forced. It is currently a double whammy of RNG, having to relay on RNG for them to spawn in mission, only then to hope RNG gives you a desirable Riven roll. Rinse>repeat. But alas this cycle it costs more Kuva than the last roll, effectively increasing the grind for the resource...So until it becomes less tedious, and gets intergrated in a less so fashion I'm done. I don't appreciate a double grindwall and less so a wall that gets higher each time we repeat the process.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

I hate the whole mechanics behind it, its feels bad i dunno, i leave the warframe and sometimes can´t even place myself in the map, not fluid at all.

The rng walls well who likes those? to me besides the quest/weapons/tileset this update is fail.

It's an interesting mechanic, but needing as much as we do to sink into rivens / kuva weapons with the low spawn chance they have makes it as pleasant as ramming your face into a cinderblock wall.  I'd be okay with the current spawn chance for the Kuva Siphons if and Only If there were other ways to farm kuva that didn't revolve around RNG like the siphons do.  I personally think it would be nice if kuva dropped from the Kuva Fortress - as it stands currently, there is no real reason to return to the Kuva Fortress once you've completed TWW. Or hell, give us a reason to play the new assault mode and make kuva drop there, or maybe even replace the Sortie endo rewards with Kuva, seeing as you get rivens in them now.