Riven mods with literally inapplicable stats

Slobe0

So after getting lucky on the sortie I ended up with a Riven mod for the tonkor, which I figured I would use, but after cycling it until it no longer had punch through I ended up with one of the stats being an increase to impact damage. As people may know the tonkor has absolutely no impact damage and thus the 75% buff to impact isn't all that useful, is this a bug, or a feature to encourage more re-rolls? Have other people had this sort of thing happen with their mods? Or am I missing some benefit from this as I have never really tried using mods that add specific phys damage to a weapon that has no damage of that type.

That said I will most likely keep the mod as is since it has both flight speed and crit chance buffs, which makes it a good mod for the tonkor.

http://imgur.co

I have seen sentinel weapon rivens that increase zoom and decrease recoil,so yes,things like this can happen.

We have no power over this,you must embrace Rngesus

Oh one thing i would like to add is different weapons have different riven mod "powers" the weaker weapons tend to have better rivens and vice versa. Im pretty sure there are many WIP lists out there on the riven powers of different weapons.

7 minutes ago, Slobe0 said:

is this a bug, or a feature to encourage more re-rolls?

This and other garbage stats (like a large % of negative damage) are likely a consideration DE didn't have before releasing the new system into beta. This and other fixes can be expected in a future patch. I recommend playing with the new feature but not investing too much into it before they patch it.

14 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

I have seen sentinel weapon rivens that increase zoom and decrease recoil,so yes,things like this can happen.

zoom on sentinel weapons has a positive effect, it allows the sentinel to shoot at enemies that are farther away.

Recoil, however, is totally pointless as far as I know.

My first Riven was for the Stinger, aka Djinn's gun for the many people who have probably forgotten. +impact (useless as stinger is all elemental) -recoil (sentinel gun therefore useless) +crit damage (would be useful if Stinger had more than 2.5% crit chance) and +zoom (literally the only thing worth noting on the gun and it didn't give much more zoom than the standard mod). 

I haven't been to church in a while, I think RNGesus might be punishing me.

my first riven was for wyrm's laser rifle, it added toxic and crit chance for a wep with niether. I tried giving it a chance by rerolling it, but it just got worse, it gave me zoom and reduced recoil as it's only stats

a few (at least 4) days of 2k endo sorties later I gave up hoping for a decent riven mod, it was at that point that RNGesus looked upon my frustration and blessed me with this

nU1h8eZ.jpg?1

always give up