Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*War Within Spoilers* Uses for new powers?

Scylax

Question

Post TWW, we become able to walk around as our operator in missions. The operator has a few abilities: invisibility (Ctrl), invisible bullet jump (Ctrl+Jump), a low-damage energy beam (LMB), a knockback (Melee), and teleporting the Warframe to the Operator when switching back. The invisibility + Warframe teleporting is really nice for stealth, but I'm not really finding a use for the others. The energy beam doesn't seem to be anything special -- I guess I could use it to take out containers, door barriers, etc, but I don't see any use past that. As for the knockback, that could be useful, but by the time I switch to the Operator, use the ability, and switch back, I probably could have killed all of them with my Warframe+weapons.

Are there any ways I can gain the upper hand in missions by using the energy beam and knockback?

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, marshmellory said:

currently operators are used for 

1.) completing the kuva siphon random event

2.) removing damage resistance from sentients

otherwise there are very few situations in which they're useful, unless you want to run through earth missions with only your operator which can be fun

Also removing the damage resistance of Shadow Stalker

Can't remember where I read it, but some one did make a post about using your Operator to carry power cells in Excavations missions. I wonder if you could use it to carry data masses for Mob def as well, unless it disappears...

EDIT:
Yes, your Operator can carry the Data Mass for Mod Def. Tested to make sure that it didn't disappear once you re-entered your warframe.

Edited by Burritochu

3 minutes ago, Scylax said:

What's the benefit of carrying power cells / data masses with the operator?

It's really a convenience thing being able to haul two power cells to extractors/extractor landing sites. It's also kinda nice being able to use your primary while carrying the data mass.