Fixing Some Enemy Cheese in Warframe

xXBarnowlXx

I think that a majority of people find the cheesey-ness of some enemies very annoying. This isn't a remove all cheesey enemies but more of a patch to the cheese, like filling the holes in a block of swiss

not%20GMO%20vegan%20cheese%20but%20could

Sappers: Are fairly annoying, they sometimes throw multiple mines at a time and take more than one hit to destroy and their scaling is still insane for being something a singular osprey can shoot multiple of.

Cheese filler: Sappers can only throw 1 mine at a time and one every 5 seconds, sapper mines will have 10 health points.

Ramparts: Coupled with high health, insane damage scaling and aimbot these turrets can ruin any sortie.

Cheese filler: Make the aiming of rampart slower similar when a tenno uses one, so it's not an instant bombardment of damage when someone's in line of sight of one.

Moa's with a knockdown (Infested and uninfested Moas): Sometimes when these enemies have their knockdown animation interrupted by CC, whether that is from a blind, impact effect, or knockdown from a tenno, they will still use their shockwave ability. This isn't game-breaking but still annoying and in my opinion a "bug" with Moas.

Cheese filler: When a shockwave animation from a Moa is interrupted then their shockwave ability is too.

Arc traps: These aren't super cheesy but still hard to hit sometimes with their small hit boxes

Cheese filler: Just make the hitboxes 10% larger.

Last but not least cheese daddy of them all!

This guy

latest?cb=20131207103552

Bombards: The Grineer's prime one-hit machine which I don't mind as much as the homing apparatus is the definition of cheese. I've had missiles do full 360s and follow me across rooms

Cheese filler: Bombard rockets stop homing after 1.5 seconds then loses it's pathing AI and continues in that direction till it explodes. Maybe also have a larger turning circle when it homes.

Those are, in my opinion of some cheese that can be fixed to make the game to make it less annoying. Any suggestions? Leave them below and what's the bane of your existence ,besides nullifiers cause everyone hates them.

20 minutes ago, xXBarnowlXx said:

Ramparts: Coupled with high health, insane damage scaling and aimbot these turrets can ruin any sortie.

I'm in if Ramparts are changed into mini-auto cannon with slow projectile, as long it's not hit-scan controlled by aim bot of the grineer AI.

Make Ramparts damage dealt fixed... no scaling with map level.

33 minutes ago, xXBarnowlXx said:

Bombards: The Grineer's prime one-hit machine which I don't mind as much as the homing apparatus is the definition of cheese. I've had missiles do full 360s and follow me across rooms

Jesus Christ... these scum and that outrageous homing. That I think needs fixed more so than anything. I've literally done a bullet jump to avoid the rocket while setting up for a slam attack, went into the slam attack only to see myself narrowly miss the rocket itself on the way down, and then land the slam attack only for the rocket to circle back down and nail me right in the face. It that isn't the definition of aim hacking, I don't know what is.

36 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

You show me someone who likes Nullifiers, and I'll show you someone who's never dealt with a half-dozen of them teamed up and protecting a single Corrupted Bombard before... a single Corrupted Arctic Eximus Bombard.

Beyond that statement... you covered everything.

Evening buddy. I actually do enjoy the concept of Nullifiers and the challenge they present, and yes, I have encountered them en masse huddled around a single, particularly annoying and hard to kill, enemy. They aren't ideal, but when is anything ever?

10 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

You show me someone who likes Nullifiers, and I'll show you someone who's never dealt with a half-dozen of them teamed up and protecting a single Corrupted Bombard before... a single Corrupted Arctic Eximus Bombard.

Beyond that statement... you covered everything.

I didn't include Nullifiers because though they are super cheesey there's not many bugs with them. I hate them with a passion too don't get me wrong. I probably should've included Corpus Tech's Damage scaling and how it does more damage then sniper units at high levels, the same could be said with Shield Lancers too with their damage scaling. This post was more about fixing bugs and broken attributes about certain enemies and less, "Just get rid of all the cheesy enemies.". I'm pretty sure and dumb as they are Nullifiers are here to stay. :[

6 hours ago, xXBarnowlXx said:

I didn't include Nullifiers because though they are super cheesey there's not many bugs with them. I hate them with a passion too don't get me wrong. I probably should've included Corpus Tech's Damage scaling and how it does more damage then sniper units at high levels, the same could be said with Shield Lancers too with their damage scaling. This post was more about fixing bugs and broken attributes about certain enemies and less, "Just get rid of all the cheesy enemies.". I'm pretty sure and dumb as they are Nullifiers are here to stay. :[

I figured they were in for the long haul... was just saying, that if anyone actively likes Nulls, they (imo) have issues.

You forgot these:

CommanderDE.png

I'd happily give an animation to their switch teleport which gives us a chance to dodge them if we time it right (similar to ballista's beam that allows us to know where they are and where they will shoot). That or remove the 2 seconds "confused" animation after swapping places to reduce their annoyance.

On 11/21/2016 at 7:59 PM, -----LegioN----- said:

You forgot these:

CommanderDE.png

I'd happily give an animation to their switch teleport which gives us a chance to dodge them if we time it right (similar to ballista's beam that allows us to know where they are and where they will shoot). That or remove the 2 seconds "confused" animation after swapping places to reduce their annoyance.

Napalm > Bombards, all day, any level.

Grineer captains are definitely pretty annoying, but seeing that there is nothing bugged or conceptually wrong with them. I do agree though, their switch teleport animation has no way to be dodged or countered. 

@Xzorn I forgot about Naplms since I don't run endurance mission on there. But they're definitely broken. Most fire units in the grineer faction suffer from large hit boxes or insane damage scaling. I've been hit by Napalm units more than 15 meters away so I understand, at least  DE wasn't cynical enough for the napalm to be homing, like bombard missles.

I was thinking about the Bombards, I usually die after killing the actual enemy, so maybe if you kill the Bombard/Napalm the projectile stops homing or does decreased/zero damage, to add a little interactivity to it.  A reason to focus them quickly I guess