Mesa's (1) + Tonkor?

swift4ace

Does anyone know how Mesa's balistic battery functions with a launcher based weapon like the Tonkor? If I use the Mod + 100% chance for projectile to stick, and lets say shoot it on the ground, does the damage bonus apply to the explosion if they walk over it? The wiki says that the damage bonus is applied according to the weapons damage composition so I would assume that it applies to blast damage, If thats true I could basically charge balistic battery with a balistic battery bonus. I just built the tonkor and didn't have enough time to actually test things out but from the limited time i did have to play around with it, it sounds to me that the balistic battery shot is a separate projectile and doesn't use the weapons projectile/rather just the base damage but It's confusing because of the sound it makes when discharged.

5 minutes ago, swift4ace said:

Does anyone know how Mesa's balistic battery functions with a launcher based weapon like the Tonkor? If I use the Mod + 100% chance for projectile to stick, and lets say shoot it on the ground, does the damage bonus apply to the explosion if they walk over it? The wiki says that the damage bonus is applied according to the weapons damage composition so I would assume that it applies to blast damage, If thats true I could basically charge balistic battery with a balistic battery bonus. I just built the tonkor and didn't have enough time to actually test things out but from the limited time i did have to play around with it, it sounds to me that the balistic battery shot is a separate projectile and doesn't use the weapons projectile/rather just the base damage but It's confusing because of the sound it makes when discharged.

its apply on any wepon ^next shot^ so after every balastic battery u must acumulate charge again

Ballistic Battery applies when you shoot, meaning only the thing that was shot out of the gun benefits from the damage bonus. This means that putting Adhesive Blast on it would actually hinder it quite a lot. 

The damage done is also applied on its own, so you're only adding more separate damage - not multiplying the weapon's damage. Ballistic Battery is wasted on Tonkor IMO

34 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Ballistic Battery applies when you shoot, meaning only the thing that was shot out of the gun benefits from the damage bonus. This means that putting Adhesive Blast on it would actually hinder it quite a lot. 

The damage done is also applied on its own, so you're only adding more separate damage - not multiplying the weapon's damage. Ballistic Battery is wasted on Tonkor IMO

I'm aware that weapons damage is not being multiplied by Balistic battery, that doesn't even make much sense,"damage is applied on to weapons projectile only" Balistic battery is not wasted by any means, What that might mean is the blast will be separate and doesn't add on the bonus, but the physical Puncture portion of the damage will apply the bonus from ballistic battery, my question was if it will apply it after the delayed explosion since the puncture damage also applied on explosion. I guess ill have to test this one on my own. Its not wasted lol its got 2.5 crit multiplier and easy 100% crit chance with mods.

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

its apply on any wepon ^next shot^ so after every balastic battery u must acumulate charge again

I don't think it works like I think but basically my idea was

1. charge balistic battery to 100

2. shoot projectile on the ground. (deals damage after few seconds)

3. Pres 1 again before it explode 

4. explodes - charges balistic battery.

15 minutes ago, swift4ace said:

yes yes...

27 minutes ago, swift4ace said:

It will be a very interesting mechanic/synergy if this is possible.