Should dissolving riven mods give 2k endo?

ThunderZsolt

The most i've got is 823 endo for a MR16 mod. Imagine the situation, that you get a riven for a sentinel weapon, or a bad weapon like the panthera or daikyu with really bad stats.

• Nobody wants to buy that mod
  • I could farm thousands of kuva to reroll the mod to get somewhat bearable stats, then forma the weapon 2-3 more times to fit said riven mods (or in my case: craft, potato and then forma 4+2 times) just to discover that my vaykor hek still does 3x more thamage

I wish i've got 2k endo instead, but the mod only gives a few hundred :sad: Why? For some reason they are more sought after, yet they give less than 2k only because they have a slight chance being useful...

While I enjoy the unveil challenges, I don't really care about getting "good" riven mods either, so i'd just dissolve all of them to 2k endo after unlocking them. Or veiled mods should give 2k, but you can try your luck, but then you get less endo?

What do you do with your unwanted rivens? Do you find a ... let's say not so experienced player, and sell them the bad mods?

How much do people pay for veiled riven mods these days?

Dissolving riven mods should give kuva. I get enough endo from sorties as it is.

Endo is common, easy to farm, and kuva is not. Considering the rarity of rivens, its use of kuva and the availability of endo from other missions and sorties themselves (twice, might I add), it'd make more sense for rivens to dissolve into kuva.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

13 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Dissolving riven mods should give kuva. I get enough endo from sorties as it is.

^This.

23 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

Imagine the situation, that you get a riven for a sentinel weapon, or a bad weapon like the panthera or daikyu with really bad stats.

Riven Mods are here to make bad weapons good again, so that argument is kinda moot.

22 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

The most i've got is 823 endo for a MR16 mod. Imagine the situation, that you get a riven for a sentinel weapon, or a bad weapon like the panthera or daikyu with really bad stats.

• Nobody wants to buy that mod
  • I could farm thousands of kuva to reroll the mod to get somewhat bearable stats, then forma the weapon 2-3 more times to fit said riven mods (or in my case: craft, potato and then forma 4+2 times) just to discover that my vaykor hek still does 3x more thamage

I wish i've got 2k endo instead, but the mod only gives a few hundred :sad: Why? For some reason they are more sought after, yet they give less than 2k only because they have a slight chance being useful...

While I enjoy the unveil challenges, I don't really care about getting "good" riven mods either, so i'd just dissolve all of them to 2k endo after unlocking them. Or veiled mods should give 2k, but you can try your luck, but then you get less endo?

What do you do with your unwanted rivens? Do you find a ... let's say not so experienced player, and sell them the bad mods?

13 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Yes and yes.

1 hour ago, Krumplifej said:

I could farm thousands of kuva to reroll the mod to get somewhat bearable stats, then forma the weapon 2-3 more times to fit said riven mods (or in my case: craft, potato and then forma 4+2 times) just to discover that my vaykor hek still does 3x more thamage

It doesn't take that long to figure out that Vaykor Hek will do more damage.

But, sentinel kuva mods better stay. I want to make my sentinels able to take out some of the light mob clutter for me.

Also, Deconstructor OP.

38 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Riven Mods are here to make bad weapons good again, so that argument is kinda moot.

Do they? In my opinion, the daikyu would need something like +200% charge speed and +200% crit chance to be able to compete with rakta cernos for example. You can't even shoot until the bow is fully charged.

30 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You just called the Daikyu (my favorite bow) a bad weapon...Wana fight!?

Come at me bro! I'll get to play around 16:30 GMT today. I'll invite you to my dojo for a duel, if you really want it ^.^

Godd luck with the 1,75 seconds charge time

52 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Fair point, it would be even better.

7 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

Do they? In my opinion, the daikyu would need something like +200% charge speed and +200% crit chance to be able to compete with rakta cernos for example. You can't even shoot until the bow is fully charged.

Somewhere somebody most probably has exactly that mod. There have been 4-Stat Mods with 2-3 of them giving 200%+ so that's not impossible lol.

My fully levelled Riven Mod (Rank 8) would give me a bit over 6k Endo. IIRC the cost to upgrade it was around 1k. Was baffled when I found this out earlier and more so, when I saw how few Endo you get for dissolving fully levelled 10 Rank Mods: 220 for Primes, 140 for rare, 85 for uncommon and 38 for common.

11 minutes ago, chaotea said:

You could trade it for endo equivalent mods.

Sounds great, but how would you do it?

The fusion cost increases exponentially with each rank, but dissolving a rank10 mod only gives 10x more than an unranked one, so you lose a lot of fusion energy.

Ayatan is more of a ship decoration than a reliable endo source. (the credit cost is way too high on that)

The only possible solution would be trading 20 riven mods for a maxed primed mod, but there is the 1million trade tax, and the initial credit+ducat cost of the mod. Plus you have to risk getting scammed etc.

5 minutes ago, tsoa said:

My fully levelled Riven Mod (Rank 8) would give me a bit over 6k Endo. IIRC the cost to upgrade it was around 1k

I am pretty sure that the cost maxing riven mods is equivalent to a rare 8 mod, which is 7650. However, if it gives ~800 per rank, fusing it to rank5 costs only 930, and dissolving a rank5 would give (5+1)*800=4800

Gotta try this at home! If it works, it means that you can get 4k+ endo from a riven mod. Also, I'm going to calculate the optimal conversion rate.

47 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

Come at me bro! I'll get to play around 16:30 GMT today. I'll invite you to my dojo for a duel, if you really want it ^.^

Godd luck with the 1,75 seconds charge time

Fair point, it would be even better.

Well I have to deal with school so there is no way I can come that early, plus diffrent time zones. Otherwise you are dead.

2 hours ago, Krumplifej said:

Might I suggest changing the title of this thread to...

2 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Dissolving riven mods should give kuva

^ This.  

It makes a ton of sense and would really offset the costs, even if we got only a % back we put into them.  That % could even fluctuate based on rerolls.  1 roll = 50% kuva 2 rerolls 60% and so on.

Got plenty of Endo.

12 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

I am pretty sure that the cost maxing riven mods is equivalent to a rare 8 mod, which is 7650.

I can't quite remember how much it was, but it was incredibly cheap. Maybe it was the cost of a common mod: 2550 Endo. Since I'm currently maxing all mods, I usually don't have much Endo and I don't think I would have touched my Riven for a day or thwo if the cost was >5k. Did the unveiling and maxing of the mod on the first day of TWW, so things might have changed since then.

2 hours ago, Krumplifej said:

I could farm thousands of kuva to reroll the mod to get somewhat bearable stats, then forma the weapon 2-3 more times to fit said riven mods (or in my case: craft, potato and then forma 4+2 times) just to discover that my vaykor hek still does 3x more thamage

Problem with current Riven iteration in a nutshell.

3 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Well I have to deal with school so there is no way I can come that early, plus diffrent time zones. Otherwise you are dead.

At the weekend then?

I'm really interested how someone wins a dojo duel with a daikyu...

I'll send a friend request anyway.

20 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

At the weekend then?

I'm really interested how someone wins a dojo duel with a daikyu...

I'll send a friend request anyway.

Well my school seemed to have some...techincal difficulties. So I am back and we can go right now if you want.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

7 hours ago, tsoa said:

I can't quite remember how much it was, but it was incredibly cheap. Maybe it was the cost of a common mod: 2550 Endo. Since I'm currently maxing all mods, I usually don't have much Endo and I don't think I would have touched my Riven for a day or thwo if the cost was >5k. Did the unveiling and maxing of the mod on the first day of TWW, so things might have changed since then.

They cost 7650 regardless of MR requirement and other stuff, equal to a rare 8 mod. (mekse sense, because they are rank8)

screenies:

The bonus you get from dissolving them is also equal to what rare mods give, meaning you waste endo and credits if you level them before you dissolve.

Screenies:

Might have changed in a recent patch, but this is what we have now.

25 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

And we should be able to transmute 4 rivens into one new veiled one.

2 hours ago, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

I would like to see transmuting 4 riven mods give you a new riven mod. 

Well, i've tried it, but you can't.

Spoiler

I was about to combine the ultimate power of the Dread and the Cernos, add some blast with the tonkor and much Clem with the grakata, but then DE said nope:

Believe me, I was serious about doing it, for the lolz.

@AlphaPHENIX

It was fun indeed :-) :clap:

Cernos, oneshotting birds on the fly on mondays for a discounted price. Too bad that this Darvo deal had only one shot left :sadcry:

Edited by Krumplifej