Tiny rant: Warframe's current state

heskaroid

*the usual half arsed "I LOVE THE UPDATE" statement*

Look, I don't understand you devs, it's hard to add end game content yeah, okay you probably got a good reason for that but that's besides the point.

You refuse to fix the game.

Honestly, I have to say that DE has a lot of good people but they're no good developers. TWW was another big hit yet it didn't even improve the game. 3 years and you still haven't fixed any problems in this game. THREE.YEARS.

Ramparts using aimbot and wallhack? Not fixed.

Seekers dealing an unfair amount of damage while the kraken is one of the worst pistols? Not fixed.

Sapper ospreys locking down areas with their bullS#&$ AoE damage? Not fixed.

Bombards and Napalms keep firing volleys of missiles at us while we're lied that we can shoot them down? Not fixed.

Techs simply shredding tenno into pieces? Not fixed.

Nullifiers being brokenness incarnate? Slightly fixed, but they're still a pain in the &#!.

The UI is outdated as hell and the minimap still confuses the players? Nope, not fixed.

Prime vault? Hah, remember when you said it's only a temporary solution? I like that lie.

The alarm system is still being old and there's nothing nice about it? Nope, you don't wanna add uniqueness. Just alarms then lockdowns.

Soloing kuva farms is frustrating as hell considering how your operator has 100 hp only

And speaking of operator mode, it is just rushed and broken. The controls are clunky as hell

Kuva clouds are hard to detect until you notice it suddenly appears right near the siphon before it absorbs there and it has no sound indicating where the cloud is.

Arc traps are a mistake.

Lotus wont shut the hell up, yes I get it, if I trigger the alarms they will destroy the data just stfu. 

Scorpions just like to stunlock you with their BS aimbot harpoons.

And the list goes on.

Please, there is absolutely no justifications behind these atrocities. You had many opportunities to improve the game in these 3 years but I don't even know what's going on in your offices, you just don't seem to even care for the game nowadays (in my opinion). There were thousands of threads like this addressing to this issue at hand yet you just straight up ignore them all while playing favoritism with the warframe youtubers.

That is all.

Edited by heskaroid
Added more issues

Just now, heskaroid said:

YEP

3 YEARS

STILL BETA

Honestly there were games with even more time in the beta phase, Honestly half of the issues you said are not actual issues, but I'm sure that the devs are working to improve the gameplay, It just takes time to configure a good idea, present in to the management and actually program it and make it happen

Being a game developer is not such an easy job 

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Honestly there were games with even more time in the beta phase, Honestly half of the issues you said are not actual issues, but I'm sure that the devs are working to improve the gameplay, It just takes time to configure a good idea, present in to the management and actually program it and make it happen

Being a game developer is not such an easy job 

I'm completely aware of how difficult it is to be a developer, there are hundreds of these issues laying around but I stated the most common ones that could be fixed in a few days, I still can't believe it has being 3 years and they didn't even fix one of them. 

I don't really think you need to think up for hours just to get a good idea on how to fix them, for example, ramparts. You can easily fix them by removing the stupid aimbot and there.

I kind of agree with you op.  [DE] will add something new, fix to about 60-75%, then move on to something else.

I would love for them to take some time and focus on fixing/balancing core things...just put new projects on the back-burner for a while.

8 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

I kind of agree with you op.  [DE] will add something new, fix to about 60-75%, then move on to something else.

I would love for them to take some time and focus on fixing/balancing core things...just put new projects on the back-burner for a while.

Amen.

Warframe always had some long-lasting, slightly annoying issues, but recently it's grown to be a majority of the game.

There's half-broken, unfinished stuff dating back to Update 12 if not earlier.

Edited by Shifted

I agree, espiecially the new riven system is one of the dumbest cash cows I have seen. DE told us damage 3.0 would come out in a while, but instead of buffing weapons, we get RNG powercreep? Trade chat, which I use daily, is a mess with rivens going 5k plat because it's on a soma/simulor/tonkor. The prime vault is BS considering T1 and direlect were empty and the moon was empty in old void. Since around March, I have stopped supporting this game with my money. If they maybe fix a lot of the issues that have been present for years, maybe I would consider paying my money on tennogen or something. 

Edited by -1459.Voltage-

Let's not forget the fiasco of the vacuum within.

For how many years did the community say: Just make it either a mod all sentinels can use or a sentinel passive.

The first implementation (all sentinels got vacuum but the area was reduced by about 75%) was about as well received as a flesh wound and then they implemented what the community had basically been saying for several years.

I get the devs have a specific direction they want to take the game, but come on guys, try and at least consider how some of the blatantly broken stuff just ruins fun while not adding anything. (for example, give bombards missiles a really obvious smoke trail so they're a bit easier to spot, but you still have to pay attention)

That is not a tiny rant.

That is not a tiny rant at all!

:crylaugh:

23 minutes ago, polarity said:

Beta is good.  At least stuff has a chance of getting fixed eventually.  You could be playing an EA game, where they just abandon everything and make a new game in the same series.

Pretty much the same disposition I have. After having played many other games through the years made by other game studios who screw over their players in plain sight and clearly don't care about their own products, you start to appreciate other who actually honest-to-god try to keep their players happy.
I'll take a try-and-fail-try-again over I-will-never-bother any day of the week.

Does Warframe have room for improvement? Yes.
Is it "w0rst game ev4r!" or "it's dying because my 10 friends left"?  Doesn't look like it.

If there are awesome flawless games out there, why aren't we playing them right now?

Edited by MystMan

34 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Game is still in beta though 

I think we already stated in an old topic that there is no place where warframe is said to be still in beta. They even removed the "early access" (or beta I don't remember) from steam.

YET we didn't get a "warframe is out of beta" news or anything

37 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

The UI is outdated as hell and the minimap still confuses the players? Nope, not fixed

Even better, now the big minimap is toootally impossible to use. It's simply too big for your screen.

And I'm still laughing at the "you can now shoot enemies' grenade to make them explode, dealing no damage to you" while you CAN'T see their grenades. They're just completely invisible most of the time

But you know what, more cinematic quest is always better than a fixed and balanced game. :D

Edited by Trichouette

2 minutes ago, (PS4)bladezero12 said:

It would be nice if EVERYONE could play, about half the content of the game I can't due to consent crashing.  Try to do a support ticket and they tell you there is nothing they can do and best of luck to you gets old.

Yeah this game does not play well with certain graphics cards, I quit for a year because my old computer had one of those types of cards and in the old void system crashing at 50 minutes into a survival and then getting NOTHING BUT 1 ITEM when you team finishes at the 1 hour mark, made for very high sodium levels.

(well that and a few other reasons)

Edited by WereFowl

48 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

1) You refuse to fix the game.

2) but they're no good developers.

3) I like that lie.

4) Please, there is absolutely no justifications for this.

5) you just don't seem to even care for the game nowadays (in my opinion).

6) There were thousands of threads like this addressing to this issue at hand yet you just straight up ignore them all while playing favoritism with the warframe youtubers.

You didn't need these, and this is kind of where you turn me (and others) off.

The above points are subjective, as opposed to issues you can document objectively (some of the things you pointed out, not all of them), and are nothing more than nonconstructive ranting.

1) False. Truer statement: DE is very, very fond of adding new content, new systems, while not fixing old issues and problems still plaguing the game. Then there are plenty of things they fix, see patch notes. They often just haven't fixed the things we want them to fix. And many cases where DE doesn't agree that something is a problem/needs a fix to begin with. Case in point, Nullifiers. DE believes they're doing exactly what they're meant to do. They've even made them notice damage to their nullifier shield, as if it couldn't be clearer how they feel about the unit. That said, many Tenno disagree. But that doesn't make it a bug/problem they've refused to fix--they don't see it as a problem to begin with.

2) There's no other way to take that but as an insult. Any professional that has a customer say "you're not a good [profession]" would feel that way. You probably would, too. That's why I don't understand the need to say something like that. You're a person, they're people, keep it in mind. Say their method for deploying new content often spotty, and sometimes terribly flawed (sometimes horrible execution of a really good concept--I do like that they didn't just RIVEN EVERYTHING, and actually decided to start with rifles and work with the community from there). Say they don't pay enough attention to old problems and bugs, and focus too much on new content, new features. But why say something as black-and-white, matter-of-fact as that? 

3) Before my time. I'll let that one stay where it is since I don't know the score on it. But "lie" is a loaded word. Denotes the intention to deceive. I could see DE just changing their mind if vaulting kept the player economy and real platinum sales going in the right direction. We're all adults here (or the majority of us are--not a dig, some players are not adults is my only point) and lets be real: profit isn't a dirty word. It keeps companies alive. DE is a company. 

4) I'm pretty sure there must be some justification, some reasons, beyond them just refusing to fix it. (I revisit the Nullifier example.) There are some cases where it'd be like trying to pull out one defective block in a Jenga tower: hard to fix without screwing everything else up.

5) Wait, what? What did they do (or not do) that proved they don't care for the game?

6a) You do know they've said, time and time again, they read here on the forum and on reddit. They appreciate all the feedback. But that doesn't mean they'll agree with and implement it. 

6b) Favoritism with the YouTubers? Could you define this? Do you mean issues raised by YT channels get fixed over issues raised by us Average Tenno? (I wouldn't know, I don't follow the YT channels like that.) If you mean interaction, yeah, it's clear they interact with the WF YT channel hosts (especially on social media), but they also interact with regular Tenno in the same social media spaces.

What I'd agree with you on, and the point you drown in the subjectivity of your rant is DE is very, very, very new-content, new-feature focused. It's how they have chosen to develop, and run this game, and it would seem they've always been that way. They feel it drives the game, keeps it alive, and they're right. Their interactions with the YT channels are meant to also drive players and content to keep playing the game. So are the cons and events they take time to attend--have to keep growing the playerbase or the game dies, that's how DE sees it, and I don't blame them.

But I honestly think they're juggling way too much, and missing balls in the air. At some point DE needs to slow down and focus on fixing major issues that have been raised, time and time again. I'd like to see that focus. I don't know if they would ever pause their breakneck speed toward new content (I doubt it), but I believe that they should.

It's impossible to keep going like this, imo.

DE doesn't have anything to prove to the people who said they'd be dead in a year anymore, but they do have a playerbase (especially the older ones) who want to see real changes, fixes, to existing issues.

For the record, I think they have made significant QOL changes over the years (even just this year) that players have been asking for. Universal Carrier is one huge one. Before someone reminds me how it happened, I know. I was here. It doesn't matter how it got done, it got done. Blowing up the Void and removing the monotony was also another polarizing change: many players were happy with it, got better chances at loot, and many others hated it because they had the old system down to a science. The new system was like starting their grind over (and felt like it invalidated their old grind). But if DE is anything, they're consistent with shaking up our metas, our stayed and practiced routines (Draco, Void) and pushing us to diversity. It can be ugly and bumpy, but they've always been like this. 

My point isn't that DE is perfect, always gets it right, always listens and gives us everything we want, fixes everything that's broken, and releases perfect new content. That just ain't reality. Often DE's deployments are a hot mess.

But I can tell the difference between people who don't give a flying f*** about their community and those who actually care. From everything I've seen, I still believe DE cares, and will until they prove otherwise.  

Again, I agree with the core sentiment that DE needs to focus on old problems. I just don't see why you needed the other ranty bits. It cripples the power of your argument (and you needed a fair bit more actual problems in the list, things they haven't fixed, things they've ignored).

And one last point (that I shouldn't have to actually make, but will): 

Spoiler

Don't come at me (anyone) about how I'm carrying water for DE, apologizing for them, or unwilling to see their flaws. I'm an adult with critical thinking skills just like the rest of you.

We can look at both sides of an issue and decide what we believe based on what we can observe and the facts at hand. We can see truths on both sides (outside of some issues where there is no middle ground, and a video game isn't one of them) without adhering to some dogmatic view of DE as perfect or DE as a horrible company.

That I don't completely agree with the original post without question, that I challenge any part of it, doesn't = being blind to DE's faults. No. DE has many faults. Anything built by human hands has them. They reflect their imperfect creators.

I'm saying we can choose to see people. Just like the OP is a person who's fed up with the lack of fixes. It doesn't mean he hates DE, or the game. (I do think he said some things he might've thought better of, though.) Likewise, DE's lack of action on things that grind many players gears doesn't mean they don't care about the game, or our feedback.

That's why it's actually important to try and deliver your feedback while keeping all that in mind. Don't take for granted how much someone can tolerate being told they're not good at their job. 

Instead, tell them what they got wrong in their job. Tell them every time they get it wrong, with all the facts and detail you can, with all the passion needed--just criticize the work, and not their motives which you can't know/are guessing at.

Edited by Rhekemi

Not to mention the new void just moving the grind to other planets and to relics instead of parts. On weekends I usually spend about 3 hours a day playing games. The majority of that time was spent at Xini-Eris to get Axi G1 relics for Galatine prime. Got one, in about 4 hours of pure grind.

47 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

YEP

3 YEARS

STILL BETA

I'd rather see a game in beta for as long as necessary than one with a one week beta which fixes literally nothing and takes over three years to fix long-standing issues. Unfortunately, that's pretty common so I don't see your point.

Edited by JRMC

4 minutes ago, JRMC said:

I'd rather see a game in beta for as long as necessary than one with a one-week beta which fixes literally nothing and takes over three years to fix long-standing issues. Unfortunately, that's pretty common, so I don't see your point.

I'm still searching "where is warframe said to be in beta"

And I think his point is "it's been 3 years and all this stuff is still broken", and he's right on that.

Very big update that was delayed for 4 months and we get... A cinematic quest and the only things that got a rework are invasion and sortie reward, and so far sortie reward are still awful and we didn't even get to see what's new about invasion yet.

And i'm still here waiting for damage 3.0 and a scaling rework...

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I'm still searching "where is warframe said to be in beta"

And I think his point is "it's been 3 years and all this stuff is still broken", and he's right on that.

Very big update that was delayed for 4 months and we get... A cinematic quest and the only things that got a rework are invasion and sortie reward, and so far sortie reward are still awful and we didn't even get to see what's new about invasion yet.

And i'm still here waiting for damage 3.0 and a scaling rework...

Even if there was no statement about it being in beta, you're here to provide feedback regardless. As far as I know, the game is pretty playable. Has been since I started playing. Many issues were patched up, although some took a long while, but fixed nonetheless.

Like I said, many games take three years to get a single problem fixed and it sometimes becomes even worse. Digital Extremes is transparent about the game's issues, in the very least.

7 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I haven't played TWW quest yet.

So, I assume, like many others have, that the hype wasn't worth the wait?