Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choice of selcting 15 Riven mods is alraedy made

RistN

Riven mods are beautiful concept.They make unused weapons we have in our arsenal more viable and usuable in higher lvl missions.Limiting their possesion to only 15 and making riven mods for some OP weapons like Tonkor,Simulor,Soma and generaly for sniper,launcher and bows is kind of mistake.If Im limited of having 15 mods then natural choice is already made for me.I would rather have mods that will get me platinum and make my OP weapons even more OP.Just look at trade chat and see that you can get riven mod with nice stats for only 30p for some weapons and ones for OP cost up to 2000p.Diffrence between them is more than obvious.

It is important to say that this OP and viable weapons already have at least 3 formas on them and they are ready to use and easy to upgrade while ones that are neglected still need a lot of work and upgrading.This also makes our choice more obvious.

I realy wish that this limit is gone.That way everyone would start using and upgrading their Harpak,Synapse,Mutalist Quanta,Tetra,Gorgon.....

31 minutes ago, Weidro said:

spoiler alert:

currently we have only rifle mods and there will be some for shotguns, secondarys and meele maybe even for sentinels and warframes

have fun deciding which are the 15 right ones to keep

If they introduce other mods and keep the 15 riven mod cap I can see that getting UGLY.

15 riven mods for rifles isn't too bad, but 15 riven mods for all your gear? (given how the stated goal was supposedly to get us to use older gear too) Yeah that'll get people very angry very quickly.

I actually traded a mediocre soma riven mod for a torrid mod that actually turned it into a crit build weapon and am very happy with it (the guy I traded it to was even happier after he rerolled that soma mod and got god tier buffs, this was also after the disposiiton system) I also have a fun gorgon mod. They should never have had good weapons (or sentinel weapons) in the riven mod pool, they also should have given us the choice what weapon it was for and allow us to lock in stats when rerolling (for example my great torrid mod has 1 drawback, it halves the magazine capacity, yet I am simply not going to bother rerolling as the odds of me getting the same stats minus the magazine reduction are astronomical)

Edited by WereFowl

22 minutes ago, CGs_Knackie said:

We need a limit. If you wish to upgrade "bad" weapons so don't use riven mods for the most powerful wpons and make a choice with wpns which really need it.

The issue is that this collides with DEs idea of forcing players to try out weapons if tehy got the riven mod for it. Naturally players will discard these mods first when they get close to the limits and will keep mods of more popular weapons as tehy can be effectively sold.

26 minutes ago, Xebov said:

The issue is that this collides with DEs idea of forcing players to try out weapons if tehy got the riven mod for it. Naturally players will discard these mods first when they get close to the limits and will keep mods of more popular weapons as tehy can be effectively sold.

I know and I agree with you.

I use this system to buff some wpons like Synapse/Glaxion/Burston etc because they need it & wpons like Soma/Dread/Tonkor/Simulor etc don't so no probs for me, just different choices.

38 minutes ago, CGs_Knackie said:

I use this system to buff some wpons like Synapse/Glaxion/Burston etc because they need it & wpons like Soma/Dread/Tonkor/Simulor etc don't so no probs for me, just different choices.

So you agree that we don't need a limit.

1 hour ago, CGs_Knackie said:

Wait till you get to 15 mods.Then you gonna realize painful truth how limited you are in your choice and as I said choice for you is already made.Count how many primary weapons there is and for which one you would use Riven mods.Unused weapons will still be unused.

Yeah their line about how limitations help creativity just does not fly.

We already have a system with fixed limitations and that has been pushed to the limit as far as optimal builds and general creativity. This current system does not encourage creativity it only encourages gambling.

If they had wanted to encourage creativity they could have had us build our own nightmare mods that when used you can't have a standard mod with the same effect (so if your mod had + damage then no serration, but you could still equip heavy calibre)

THAT would encourage creativity as you're basically giving players 1-3 extra mod slots, while preventing them from just loading up on the standard power mods, so they'd probably go for more QoL stuff.

(Incidentally that would be something very good for meta weapons as then we don't have 1-2 optimal builds for each meta weapon (for example at the moment almost everyone runs the same mod set up on soma prime, the only variant is if you have argon scope/ bladed rounds or hammer shot/ heavy caliber)

39 minutes ago, RistN said:

Wait till you get to 15 mods.Then you gonna realize painful truth how limited you are in your choice and as I said choice for you is already made.Count how many primary weapons there is and for which one you would use Riven mods.Unused weapons will still be unused.

You want to play unused wpons? Use riven mods on those wpons then. With unlimited slots ppl going to play their most powerful wpons so the problem will be not solved.

1 hour ago, Top_Kekkonen said:

So you agree that we don't need a limit.

Absolutely not. I said I agree with an extension BUT we need a limit.

42 minutes ago, CGs_Knackie said:

You want to play unused weapons? Use Riven mods on those weapons then. With unlimited slots ppl going to play their most powerful weapons so the problem will be not solved.

I think I get your mindset. Now I'm conflicted on whether a limit removal or extension is better..

3 minutes ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

ever considered the 15 riven mod limit could be a technical restriction?

Can you explain in more detail? I find your comment interesting.

Also, let's not forget that DE could add Riven mods not only for primary and secondary weapons, but also for Sentinels and Warframes too.

1 minute ago, Nazrethim said:

Can you explain in more detail? I find your comment interesting.

Also, let's not forget that DE could add Riven mods not only for primary and secondary weapons, but also for Sentinels and Warframes too.

normal mods are pointers, meaning you have a global definition of something like serration and every player that have serration would just have their profile pointing to that definition by some sort of ID.  Riven mods are uniquely generated by RNG meaning the stat definitions is not on the global level but rather on individual mod level; by extension the only logical place to store this information is on the player's data model.  Putting a limit is a way to make sure the record doesn't blow up. 

1 minute ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

normal mods are pointers, meaning you have a global definition of something like serration and every player that have serration would just have their profile pointing to that definition by some sort of ID.  Riven mods are uniquely generated by RNG meaning the stat definitions is not on the global level but rather on individual mod level; by extension the only logical place to store this information is on the player's data model.  Putting a limit is a way to make sure the record doesn't blow up. 

Understood, thank you.

I agree that 15 isn't enough, especially when you're trying to get those best stats. This goes beyond just weapon variety.

Currently I have 2 vectis mods, one good, other sucks. I reroll both though trying to get the stats I want. I really want punch through with damage or crit or multi shot. If I get a 3rd, 4th and even 5th vectis mod, I'll keep it and work on then until I get that perfect stat or it just seems unreasonable to reroll them anymore. But until that happens I'll be sitting on multiples of the same mod.

Furthermore build diversity. We have 3 load outs and I don't have the same load out in any of my abc configurations. Riven mods often have elemental or faction damage making them good for certain load outs but not others. Again the limit goes counter to how warframe modding is designed.

Now I realize unlimited isn't an option, but 15 is definitely too few. I believe it is a technical issue, as I'm sure everyone noticed how the game chokes loading the mod screen with riven mods presents, but is seamless without. Naturally I want to own every weapon I like good or bad because riven mods really can boost many lower tier weapons up.

14 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

I agree that 15 isn't enough, especially when you're trying to get those best stats. This goes beyond just weapon variety.

Currently I have 2 vectis mods, one good, other sucks. I reroll both though trying to get the stats I want. I really want punch through with damage or crit or multi shot. If I get a 3rd, 4th and even 5th vectis mod, I'll keep it and work on then until I get that perfect stat or it just seems unreasonable to reroll them anymore. But until that happens I'll be sitting on multiples of the same mod.

Furthermore build diversity. We have 3 load outs and I don't have the same load out in any of my abc configurations. Riven mods often have elemental or faction damage making them good for certain load outs but not others. Again the limit goes counter to how warframe modding is designed.

Now I realize unlimited isn't an option, but 15 is definitely too few. I believe it is a technical issue, as I'm sure everyone noticed how the game chokes loading the mod screen with riven mods presents, but is seamless without. Naturally I want to own every weapon I like good or bad because riven mods really can boost many lower tier weapons up.

Maybe the right course of action would be to keep already top tier weapons with regular mods, as Riven mods don't give them great buffs (in theory) and save those Riven slots for less powerful weapons a player may like to use, which would get strong buffs to bring them on par with top tier weapons.

45 minutes ago, cittran said:

Note that in the 2nd half of the message, it clearly states "to begin" for the limit on riven mods being 15 per player.

That's what worries me tbh. It's probably going to turn into yet another series of slots we have to pay plat for, to add to the pile of Warframe slots, weapon slots, kubrow/kavat stasis slots, loadout slots, sentinel slots, and probably more I'm forgetting.

Point is, if my theory is correct, we'll have more slots than Las Vegas at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

That's what worries me tbh. It's probably going to turn into yet another series of slots we have to pay plat for, to add to the pile of Warframe slots, weapon slots, kubrow/kavat stasis slots, loadout slots, sentinel slots, and probably more I'm forgetting.

Point is, if my theory is correct, we'll have more slots than Las Vegas at this rate.

If it means that we have to pay for slots,well let them.It would be worth of platinum.

2 hours ago, CGs_Knackie said:

You want to play unused wpons? Use riven mods on those wpons then. With unlimited slots ppl going to play their most powerful wpons so the problem will be not solved.

You defend your point very strong and fail to realize what im realy saying here cause of it.15 mods is not enough.It will be back to same old weapons once again.Its a fact,its already happening.

1 hour ago, cittran said:

So...it looks like everyone that posted in this thread -- besides me -- hasn't read the page about riven mods yet.

The War Within - Riven Mods

Note that in the 2nd half of the message, it clearly states "to begin" for the limit on riven mods being 15 per player.

I have, I was pointing out from a technical standpoint a possible reason to want to impose a limit.  The actual number on the limit itself, be it 15 or 30 or even 100, I don't believe makes much differences.