Scarves and Cloaks for Warframes?

Wraith

7 minutes ago, Khanhls124 said:

clipping going to be a huge issue here , but i do want to have them

^^^This.

There was the teplo syandana in tennogen, which was scarf, but the creator had to change it, because of the clipping issues. It would be too much plus work to adjust these scarves/cloaks to every warframe/every deluxe skin + the upcoming warframes/deluxe skins. It would be cool, but it probably won't happen.

27 minutes ago, kicsikorte said:

^^^This.

There was the teplo syandana in tennogen, which was scarf, but the creator had to change it, because of the clipping issues. It would be too much plus work to adjust these scarves/cloaks to every warframe/every deluxe skin + the upcoming warframes/deluxe skins. It would be cool, but it probably won't happen.

Hopefully the devs won't think this way... Because Warframe would stop dead in its tracks. 

Think i've said it 10 times by now and never started, but i want to make a Scarf/Cloak Syandana, i just didnt have the time to get into ZBrush/Blender yet, i'm a 3DSMax guy, sadly (in this case).

But i know of a way how it is possible with no clipping and i might do it one day.

I hate how clipping is the issue stopping awesome stuff. Who cares do it. If clipping is such an issue you can just not spend any money on it.

I wanna bring up guild wars 2 asura tier3 shoulder pads (light). They made them invisible because "clipping" #salty

Edited by Lycrius
giggles

1 hour ago, Extroah said:

Think i've said it 10 times by now and never started, but i want to make a Scarf/Cloak Syandana, i just didnt have the time to get into ZBrush/Blender yet, i'm a 3DSMax guy, sadly (in this case).

But i know of a way how it is possible with no clipping and i might do it one day.

You would either have to remodel the scarf on a case-by-case basis for each warframe, or you'd have to implement a system into the game's engine by which scarves are dynamically adjusted, resized, and placed onto a character model. Neither case is worth the effort.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Just saying, but this is from a loooooooong time ago:

SSv4UzY.jpg

I think they tried to test these scarf like syandanas, since the uru and the imperator syandana has a little collar like something.
But these two looks good only on skinnier warframes:
SdKrn7U.png

On the bigger warframes (Rhino, Chroma, Atlas, Vauban, Frost etc), it looks nothing like this. The collar thing is either oddly placed (Imperator syandana) or gone (Uru syandana).
Flbil6G.png

Now imagine this with a scarf. It would look good on some of the warframes, but on the ones who are bulkier or has a thicker neck it would look completely off (a scarf would almost totally cover the head of the rhino for example). They would need to adjust these scarfs to each warframe one by one in the current system, they can't just "do it" if it would be that easy they would done it already. Maybe one day, they will come up with something on how to auto resolve this problem.

Edited by kicsikorte

It would never work, just due to geometry, as others have said.

It's possible to model a scarf to fit on a specific Warframe, such as Umbra Excalibur, but making one that would universally sit well on the varied sizes and shapes of all Warframes isn't going to happen.

3 hours ago, Lycrius said:

I hate how clipping is the issue stopping awesome stuff. Who cares do it. If clipping is such an issue you can just not spend any money on it.

I care, that's why I won't buy any Syandana's.

Clipping is one of my biggest pet hates in any game. There are MMO's I play where I can't use certain mounts or wear certain items because clipping drives me nuts.

Syandana's in Warframe with weapons and body parts clipping through them look disgusting. Cloaks and scarves would be awful.

3 hours ago, kicsikorte said:

I think they tried to test these scarf like syandanas, since the uru and the imperator syandana has a little collar like something.
But these two looks good only on skinnier warframes:
SdKrn7U.png

On the bigger warframes (Rhino, Chroma, Atlas, Vauban, Frost etc), it looks nothing like this. The collar thing is either oddly placed (Imperator syandana) or gone (Uru syandana).
Flbil6G.png

Now imagine this with a scarf. It would look good on some of the warframes, but on the ones who are bulkier or has a thicker neck it would look completely off (a scarf would almost totally cover the head of the rhino for example). They would need to adjust these scarfs to each warframe one by one in the current system, they can't just "do it" if it would be that easy they would done it already. Maybe one day, they will come up with something on how to auto resolve this problem.

COVERING THE WHOLE HEAD SOUNDS COOL!

titanepisode6_zpsc117ec9a.jpg