Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer vs Corpus PvP

tbeest

Currently conclave is very fast paced with bullet jumps, aim glides, special abilities and whatnot.

But what if it was slowed down? You'd be able to control a Grineer or Corpus unit, choosing between different classes(enemy types). You'd then fight on the current, slightly tweaked*, PvP maps and modes. Going on a killing spree would allow you to unlock different classes such as the Heavy Gunner and Tech, a la Battlefront 2. Alternatively you'd be able to customise your own Marine or Crewman loadout with their faction specific weapons.

*To make some places reachable without having to bullet jump and possibly blocking some doorways to make the map slightly more linear.

1 minute ago, Dima19U said:

That would be a completle diferent game, not WARFRAME

Obviously, it would still be a part of the Warframe universe.
Just wouldn't involve Warframes or Operators in general.

A different game mode, doesn't make it a different game.
> _ >

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

12 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Sounds just like CSGO, CoD or maybe Toxikk but using warframe skins. Why not going there (or somewhere else) instead? >.> 

"It has a gun therefore it's CoD." Is that what you're trying to say? That was a bit over saturated but I hope you understand the point I tried to make there.

It just seemed like a cool idea to me and I wanted to get it out there. Even in the highly unlikely event a gamemode like this were to come out you wouldn't be forced to play it. 

1 hour ago, tbeest said:

"It has a gun therefore it's CoD." Is that what you're trying to say? That was a bit over saturated but I hope you understand the point I tried to make there.

No, I'm trying to say that there's a lot of games out there that fit your description, so there's no reason, imo, why DE should bother with adding another generic shooter to the market.

1 hour ago, tbeest said:

It just seemed like a cool idea to me and I wanted to get it out there. Even in the highly unlikely event a gamemode like this were to come out you wouldn't be forced to play it. 

This "cool idea" has been proposed many times before and has always been shot down, and even in the unlikely event that a game mode like this was added to warframe, I might play it, just like I play conclave, but that wouldn't remove the crowd that despises PvP in general (regardless of the game) and usually spews things like "remove PvP", "Clean PvP with fire", "but muh PvE resources", "PvP was shoehorned into warframe to appease a couple of players", etc. but instead it would only give them more reasons to blame PvP even for the minor delay on an update.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Typos

If the infested had more variety in their units, I would love to see a survival mode with the infested ala COD Zombies. (I mean, hordes with objectives you must complete to finish the mission). Of course, the faction you use would be based on the map. 
For example, it would be neat to have a mission where you are a crewman trying to get to a escape pod and surviving hordes of infested without  using parkour, WoF or a Tonkor lol. That would be more PVE focused though :s
But, the idea of a Grineer vs Corpus would be neat. 

I think the idea is worth exploring, and as for maps, maybe add a gear item, more ropes and ziplines, plus ladders for shifting levels realistically:

Spoiler

As for how it could fit lore-wise as a result of the War Within (Spoilers, you have been warned):

Spoiler

Maybe the Operators have learned to take over weak-minded individuals via Transference, seeing that they can now do it on their own and have the Broken Scepter, with Teshin teaching what he knows of Continuity.

And as experience is gained, the Operators are able to control stronger willed individuals such as Techs, Gunners and other higner level enemies that would be included in these skirmishes.