Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the braton prime good for endgame?

Kronxito

Question

I like this weapon between all primed primaries (in terms of design). I'd like to get a riven mod for braton and put formas on it but first I want to know if this weapon is effective on lvl 100 missions (sorties) ?? 

If not, which primed primary is good for endgame? I have boltor, braton, burston, paris, etc. all primed.

Thanks.

There are better weapons out there, but Braton Prime can be built to be capable of handling any content of the game. If you like it and it's the one you want to use, go for it.

Be advised, though, that Braton riven mods have been going for insane prices, that are definitely not justified by performance. 

13 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

I like this weapon between all primed primaries (in terms of design). I'd like to get a riven mod for braton and put formas on it but first I want to know if this weapon is effective on lvl 100 missions (sorties) ?? 

If not, which primed primary is good for endgame? I have boltor, braton, burston, paris, etc. all primed.

Thanks.

I'm not gonna compare it to anything. It's "OK", not the best, but OK, when forma'd and modded properly.

everyone is being very polite...

NO!

Braton will not stand up in "endgame" (100+)  its dps is enough to get kills if you crit build and rely on status for slash and other procs.... Braton has paper deeps of 13k with 18k burst vs a soma's 21k and 28k

but you have 40 seconds of fire time before you run out of ammo, so you will run dry vs armored grineer!  You will also kill slower, so you will take more damage!

but... there is no reason to play "endgame"    

The only content your actually forced to play that may be considered endgame would be a 80-100 grineer sortie with bonus armor and no PUG players equipping CP.

Riven mods make this disparity far worse.... amplifying top end weapons more than low end.  eg They will push the soma to 80,000!  and the braton prime remains at 28,000  ... so the braton is left behind badly in the latest patch because of rivens....

So if you like the mechanic, go for it :)   if not, superior weapons for raw throughput in rifles Synapse, boltor P, Prisma grakata, Telos boltor, Supra, Quanta, Latron series, Amprex, Tiberon... Soma, Soma p

Boltor Prime is the best weapon in your list, a riven and forma on that will get you about 2-3 times the damage of a similar equipped braton Prime.

Edited by Tatersail

Yeah, it's alright in endgame.

You just have to mod and forma it properly.

You'd need to build various other things around it.  Though at that point, you're going to get higher DPS with other weapons.

Is a fun gun, though, just you'll be chewing through a lot of ammo at really high levels as you largely do chip damage.

Edited by DeMeritus

1 hour ago, Tatersail said:

everyone is being very polite...

NO!

Braton will not stand up in "endgame" (100+)  its dps is enough to get kills if you crit build and rely on status for slash and other procs.... Braton has paper deeps of 13k with 18k burst vs a soma's 21k and 28k

but you have 40 seconds of fire time before you run out of ammo, so you will run dry vs armored grineer!  You will also kill slower, so you will take more damage!

but... there is no reason to play "endgame"    

The only content your actually forced to play that may be considered endgame would be a 80-100 grineer sortie with bonus armor and no PUG players equipping CP.

Riven mods make this disparity far worse.... amplifying top end weapons more than low end.  eg They will push the soma to 80,000!  and the braton prime remains at 28,000  ... so the braton is left behind badly in the latest patch because of rivens....

So if you like the mechanic, go for it :)   if not, superior weapons for raw throughput in rifles Synapse, boltor P, Prisma grakata, Telos boltor, Supra, Quanta, Latron series, Amprex, Tiberon... Soma, Soma p

Boltor Prime is the best weapon in your list, a riven and forma on that will get you about 2-3 times the damage of a similar equipped braton Prime.

Thank you. And what about tigris prime? Didnt mention because of 2 shots per round...

Define endgame.

The gun is quite good. Any autofire primary that can hit 24k dps is going to be pretty good. Also, it has a heavy emphasis on slash, so that means substantial (for an autotrigger) bleed procs aplenty.

Like all autotrigger guns, it suffers from ammo issues as enemy levels get past 70ish. It especially suffers from the small ammo drops because of a rather low basic load. The CarrierP can help with this, but until there are scaling ammo drops (if ever), it's going to be an issue with this sort of gun.

I've take it to sorties and it does OK. I wouldn't care to use it against lvl100ish eximusessesses; there are weapons better suited to that sort of thing--mainly ones with much, much higher per hit damage output.

I have seven forma in mine and have been considering an eighth (for the primed cold mod) and I use it for most things I do in the game. It is my most used weapon by a very wide margin.

Depends on what you mean by "endgame".  For the old endgame, endless, it wasn't the best, but it sort of hung in there because, built for high status, it's quite a monster.  But it suffered from the ammo problem that all auto weapons suffered at high-end endgame.

For Sorties, which seem to be the standard "endgame" today, it's absolutely viable, and fun to use.

(Talking about 5 and 6 forma builds ofc, as with all weapons.)

1 hour ago, ArionLightning said:

Thank you. And what about tigris prime? Didnt mention because of 2 shots per round...

I haven't tried it yet, because I have a deep hatred of shotguns, and the fact that I keep forgetting to buy Primed Point Blank, but I've heard only good things about it. If you can get it, then go ahead.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Tigris Prime has a massive punch a "Paper" burst dps of 242,000 and sustained 54,000 it also has great ammo economy with over 2m fire time and enough status to strip armor and CC anything tough enough to survive one hit. its also mainly slash which procs armor ignore bleed!

Its currently the highest burst weapon in game its only real downside is short range and damage falloff at longer ranges.

but....

Shotguns have no riven mods(yet), so its "possible" even probable that superior primary rifles will outclass it in the near future with a lucky roll on a riven mod. Synapse, Soma prime, Boltor prime have the "potential" with a perfect stat riven mod to outclass the Tigris prime on paper.  the reality is that in game the Tigris's sheer stopping power in burst damage will carry it even alongside a superior damage rifle. 

If fun is your endgame, then yes the Braton Prime is good.

If your endgame is damage, with a potato and 3 formas, the Braton Prime is a great status weapon with slash damage, so basically it removes armor (with corrosive build) and shreds flesh with bleed procs => endgame approved 

22 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

Thanks.

It's good enough if you invest 7 formas in it, but it's defo not worth the effort when it is outperformed 4 forma Soma Primes, which is the alternative that you should go for if you like full auto guns.

Here's a high numbers Braton P build: https://goo.gl/ob9BxE

Here's an even higher numbers, except the forma count Soma P build: https://goo.gl/VU7S9g

2 hours ago, Separius said:

It's good enough if you invest 7 formas in it, but it's defo not worth the effort when it is outperformed 4 forma Soma Primes, which is the alternative that you should go for if you like full auto guns.

Says who?

I have both--BratonP presently standing at 7 forma, and SomaP presently standing at 4 forma--and I use the BratonP way more than the SomaP.

In fact, I've been thinking (again) about building a second BratonP for some experiments (my old one has a rather outdated forma strategy). Critical bleed procs can be a huge equalizer in damage output and this isn't reflected in paper DPS.

Sure, the SomaP much surpasses the BratonP in paper DPS, but it's not the whole story.

Regardless of all that, not every situation requites 30k+ dps and there is such a thing as aesthetics.