Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

78 000 raw damage on a primary weapon!! I <3 Riven mods!

Divine_Intellect

Hey, I'd love to show you my opticor that could be the highest ever single shot  raw damage weapon out there right now. It's got 7 forma and it can maybe get up to ~90-100k raw damage if modded correctly. I've posted a video explaining the mods and such. 

Yes, it's not useful, yes it's not the best actual damage weapon out there, but hey, the numbers are nice to see. It will never be better than a synoid simulor or a tonkor in terms of overall convenience. But do you like beautiful gimmick weapons? I know I do. I'd love to see your weird overpowered weapons that aren't today's meta, so do show screenies or something!

Here's the video:

[foul language warning!]

Edited by Ksilisab

While I don't agree that Riven mods are the best way going at making weapons viable.

I have to admit that Riven mods are really fun to play around with, Got this as my first Riven mod, that mod alone pushed me to make and forma my Glaxion 5 times and its a beast.

f12c4a4f468a4bae91f9d230cd7738e8.png

Just now, Midrib said:

While I don't agree that Riven mods are the best way going at making weapons viable.

I have to admit that Riven mods are really fun to play around with, Got this as my first Riven mod, that mod alone pushed me to make and forma my Glaxion 5 times and its a beast.

f12c4a4f468a4bae91f9d230cd7738e8.png

That's what I like to see! People using very obscure weapons and juicing them to their absolute max! Riven mods are the light out banana weapons needed.

60111D80A2DE419C1AC09CE50C36B1B4C5ED7C5B

24F7B4898AB97725EF493996DEE296E3DD90478A

I seriously can't put this weapon down right now. It's amazing. (Doesn't help that I already love the Karak series, but who's counting?)

That said, I do feel the system still needs some tweaking. The disposition aspect and kuva cost reduction are both steps forward, but we need more. The Kuva costs need to level out (plateau, as someone else put it). We need to do something about people getting sh#t more often than not. My quest riven turned into a Laser Rifle. The sentinel weapon for Wyrm. I'm still a little sore about that, but I've since gotten lucky by selling a Glaxion riven for 400, and picking up my Karak riven for 200.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

5 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

I seriously can't put this weapon down right now. It's amazing.

That said, I do feel the system still needs some tweaking. The disposition aspect and kuva cost reduction are both steps forward, but we need more. The Kuva costs need to level out (plateau, as someone else put it). We need to do something about people getting sh#t more often than not. My quest riven turned into a Laser Rifle. The sentinel weapon for Wyrm. I'm still a little sore about that, but I've since gotten lucky by selling a Glaxion riven for 400, and picking up my Karak riven for 200.

I got a great Karak mod too! I'm sporting a similar Riven mod, only it has negative reload, so I just offset with Primed Fast Hands. Such a fun AND useful weapon now!

11 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

60111D80A2DE419C1AC09CE50C36B1B4C5ED7C5B

24F7B4898AB97725EF493996DEE296E3DD90478A

I seriously can't put this weapon down right now. It's amazing. (Doesn't help that I already love the Karak series, but who's counting?)

INCREDIBLE. 

1 minute ago, g4yb4ll said:

nice damage but your fire rate is too slow, you will die in sortie before your first shot is out

opticor build will need all the fire rate mods to be relevant (shred, speed trigger, vile acceleration)

I'm working on it. Riven fever really caught me... I'm trying to get multishot + damage + fire rate. That'd be fantastic.

2weh1xh.png

2 hours ago, Ksilisab said:

Yes. disposition is determined by weapon usage, not damage.

It should be based on stats as well IMO. There are weapons that do plenty of damage and are completely viable, but just aren't used much because they aren't mechanically or aesthetically pleasing. If the point of these mods is to make weaker weapons more viable, there's no reason for stats not to be taken into account. 

Also didn't they say mastery also played a part in it? If so, then this system is even more flawed than I thought, because there are low Mr OP weapons, and high Mr weapons that range from garbage to mediocre.

3 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

It should be based on stats as well IMO. There are weapons that do plenty of damage and are completely viable, but just aren't used much because they aren't mechanically or aesthetically pleasing. If the point of these mods is to make weaker weapons more viable, there's no reason for stats not to be taken into account. 

Also didn't they say mastery also played a part in it? If so, then this system is even more flawed than I thought, because there are low Mr OP weapons, and high Mr weapons that range from garbage to mediocre.

They aren't viable because they aren't technically/mechanically top tier, that is why. If you consider 'damage' then you have to consider the various forms of DPS, not per bullet damage. Guns are popular due to their effectiveness, so judging based on use/popularity is the easiest way to bring weaker guns to higher, more viable levels. Basing it on all 'stats' entirely would come to the same conclusion.

MR Requirements to equip Riven mods. I have some that require MR 16, which is looking to be the cap.