Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven System (a simple suggestion)

Rhundis

So as of late, there are a lot of forum posts regarding Riven mods and their unfairness in regards to stat rolls and roll requirements. While I agree that the current system is in need of work, it only needs some minor tweaking in order to promote a positive gameplay experience. Below is my opinion as to fixing the current system.

1.) Remove the exponential costs to Kuva from Riven re-rolls. (Have a cap to the amount a mod costs equal to its aura. weak, neutral, strong)

2.) When re-rolling allow for one stat to be carried on to the next roll. (A player can choose their favorite prefix such as damage, punch through, etc but can only do this once, locking that prefix permanently to the mod.)

3.) Remove Riven mods from trading. (Yes I know this will anger some people, but this provides more interest in actually searching for Rivens as opposed to staring for hours at the trade chat in hopes of finding the perfect mod.)

Note: while #2 is an option it is not necessarily needed to have the new system function as described. I'd love any feedback either positive/negative but please avoid overall bashing. 

Thanks Tenno.

Edit: So far everyone basically agrees to at least one of the previously mentioned ideals, however a suggested change to argument #3 would be to add more ways to acquire Riven mods.

Edited by Rhundis

6 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

I love no trade policy, it's sweet, but it will probably happen unless we will have some other way to get Rivens. Kuva cap is good, a very nice and also highly suggested idea. 
About stat fixation, i don't really know, seems kinda op

1- No Trade Policy: IF they implemented the stat lock, this would make a lot of sense. But, I agree, it would also hinge on additional ways to actually acquire Rivens.

2- Kuva Cap: Definitely a Good Idea, and one I can get behind... Probably top out at 4,000 Kuva per cycle (which is, if my guess is right, the cost of the 10th or 11th cycle.)

3- Stat Lock: Undoubtedly OP, but if they implemented the No Trade for Rivens, it would also mean no chance of someone trying to price gouge the Trades with a ridonkulously strong mod.

I'm gonna have to say no to "no trading", because there are just to many weapons and there would be many people who won't get a riven mod for their favorite non-meta weapon ever. Especially since they are only aquired through sorties ATM. What I would like to see is prohibiting to trade already rerolled mods to prevent scamming and making money through rerolling until something better comes up and selling again.

1 hour ago, Rhundis said:

So as of late, there are a lot of forum posts regarding Riven mods and their unfairness in regards to stat rolls and roll requirements. While I agree that the current system is in need of work, it only needs some minor tweaking in order to promote a positive gameplay experience. Below is my opinion as to fixing the current system.

1.) Remove the exponential costs to Kuva from Riven re-rolls. (Have a cap to the amount a mod costs equal to its aura. weak, neutral, strong)

2.) When re-rolling allow for one stat to be carried on to the next roll. (A player can choose their favorite prefix such as damage, punch through, etc but can only do this once, locking that prefix permanently to the mod.)

3.) Remove Riven mods from trading. (Yes I know this will anger some people, but this provides more interest in actually searching for Rivens as opposed to staring for hours at the trade chat in hopes of finding the perfect mod.)

Note: while #2 is an option it is not necessarily needed to have the new system function as described. I'd love any feedback either positive/negative but please avoid overall bashing. 

Thanks Tenno.

the second statement is perfect. Thank you for making it easy but not so easy to get a perfect riven mod. This is Genius.

DE stated in Devstream 83 that they are going to be patching Riven mods to solve the first two problems.

1. Rerolling your Rivens will cost less Kuva and will scale after consecutive rerolls, but the climb won't be nearly as steep.

2. When conducting a reroll, you get to view your Rmod's current stats and the new randomized stats, then choose to keep you original or discard it for the new one. This doesn't exactly fit with your suggestion of slowly refining an Rmod's stats over the course of rerolls, but it will ensure that your mod never becomes less powerful unless you elect it to.

3. They said nothing about trading them. Personally I'm alright with this. While there is an exploitative dark side to trading Rmods, the same thing can be said for just about any tradeable aspect of Warframe. I like the ability to trade these because it allows players to find potential upgrades for weapons they like a lot faster than just praying to the RNGesus. For example, if get an Rmod for the Ogris but don't like the Ogris, I can trade the mod to someone else in exchange for say, the Vulkar. Or something.