Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Story of this game

peq42

I think that the next big update should explain better the Story and History of the game.

I know that after Second Dream and War Within, we got some essencial parts of what happened before, who are the Grineer Queens, Who are the sentients, etc But there's still many things not showed to us.

1) Are there more alive orokins? I remember a incursion long ago when i saw something like a "Boss" of the orokin, saying things like "Give it all to the void" and blablabla, and on the realy, you see an old Dax warrior, another orokin.Are there more alive ones? How big is the void?

2) The Second Dream showed us that the Sentients weren't dead, but locked inside some tombs(and we saw one of them, Hunhow, and discovered that the Lotus had brothers/sisters). Where are the others? Who are(is) the Brother(s)/Sister(s) of Lotus? Didn't Hunhow said that more would come after the Tenno?

3) Where's the Corpus council?I did a mission on a corpus planet where one corpus said something about it.Who are they? Where we find?

4)The Tau System, place where the Sentients were sent if i'm not wrong. How is it? What is there? Are the orokin survivors there?

5) Where is Lotus? Why we never see her physically?Where she stays?Why she hides herself so much and only send Tennos to do everything?She is a sentient, so is supposed to be really strong isn't?Why She only woke we up after centuries?

6)How Ordis lost his memories?Who created the Cephalons(Probably this one has an answer)?

7) How the Orokin Empire started? What was happening before them?

These are some question that i've now i finished almost all the Quests of this game(and after reading some pages about it, like the wiki) and becoming bored without anything to do(The PVP is really boring)

1) That wasn't an orokin, that was Nef Anyo, a corpus scam artist

2) Not in the game yet

3) Not in game yet

4) Why on earth would there be orokin survivors on a planet full of their greatest enemies?

5) We don't know, but she shows herself physically to us during 2nd dream

6) He keeps repressing the memories, or deleting them. You can find them across the world. The orokin created the Cephalons, but the corpus might still know how they are made.

7) Lost to time, according to various in-game sources

Edited by bowiespoon

1. The Tenno slaughtered all the Orokin that we know of. If you have played the War Within, you know what happened to the few that survived the purge.

2. Hunhow said more will come after him. That statement still stands.

3. You really must not be paying attention. Alad V, the Archwing quest, and many other parts of the game deal with the Corpus Council.

4. We don't know a lot about this for a reason - the Orokin didn't even get to go there before the Sentient War began.

5. Those questions have no answers yet, but she does have a location the Tenno may-mor-may-not visit in the future (Because they showed it on a devstream).

6. Do the Cephalon Fragment collection. All you need to know is in there.

7. Orokin history is so vast and long that no record still even exists of a time before the Orokin (Human) Empire.

9 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

1) Are there more alive orokins? I remember a incursion long ago when i saw something like a "Boss" of the orokin, saying things like "Give it all to the void" and blablabla, and on the realy, you see an old Dax warrior, another orokin.Are there more alive ones? How big is the void?

As far as we know we killed off the Orokin elite, or probably the Orokin empire collapsed when we rebelled, the Grineer rebelled, the infested grew out of control in "the plague" in the aftermath of the sentient war. Technically the Corpus were part of the empire, but they aren't "true" orokin. It's possible some executioner or maybe the emperors are still alive though. The Void defies all logic so we could argue it has no physical limit in size, if size is applicable that is.

2) The Second Dream showed us that the Sentients weren't dead, but locked inside some tombs(and we saw one of them, Hunhow, and discovered that the Lotus had brothers/sisters). Where are the others? Who are(is) the Brother(s)/Sister(s) of Lotus? Didn't Hunhow said that more would come after the Tenno?

"Tomb" is a fancy word for "Separated into pieces and buried under tons of rock and metal". We don't know if Lotus had more family, but they were probably defeated too. Or they are in Tau. Who knows!

3) Where's the Corpus council?I did a mission on a corpus planet where one corpus said something about it.Who are they? Where we find?

The Board is the Corpus ominous council of vagueness. They are the heads of the Corpus and being a member is a big deal. They probably live on mobile bases or ships, always shifting position so they can't be tracked down, similar to how the Kweens move their fortress. Characters related to The Board so far:

-Frohd Bek (Darvo's father) is a member of The Board,

-Alad V used to be a member but was kicked out due to him scr*wing up on Gradivus and causing the whole mutalyst infested plague.

-Nef Anyo is currently a member of The Board, occupying Alad V's former post.

-Darvo was a candidate to The Board, but he turned down the offer because he prefers his alliance with the Tenno

4)The Tau System, place where the Sentients were sent if i'm not wrong. How is it? What is there? Are the orokin survivors there?

We don't know yet

5) Where is Lotus? Why we never see her physically?Where she stays?Why she hides herself so much and only send Tennos to do everything?She is a sentient, so is supposed to be really strong isn't?Why She only woke we up after centuries?

We don't know. We do see her physically in Second Dream.

6)How Ordis lost his memories?Who created the Cephalons(Probably this one has an answer)?

He explains that on his fragments.

7) How the Orokin Empire started? What was happening before them?

We don't know, but technoscythe aparently did exist before the empire.

1 - Nef Anyo, the boss you are talking about, no he is not Orokin, he is corpus. Stalker is possibly Orokin or Tenno. Teshin is Dax, a subset of Orokin. We are Tenno, another faction that is possibly geneticly Orokin. Grineer are workforce created by Orokin. Corpus were a mid to low class citizens of Orokin empire, we dont know if they were Orokin per say.

The Void is presmably a dimention akin to Warp from 40k. We know that the is a tear we can acces easly, on the map. There are also other trears happening all over Origin system. We dont know if the Void is uniqe to Origin system, presumably not, Zariman 10-0 was supposed to be FTL capable ship, FTL capable by flying in the Void. Also, it warps the mind into insaity or bestows gifts, like to us, Tenno. Untill now everything checks out - FTL enableing realm, tears in the real space, has its own daemons - corrupted, makes people insane or out right kill or makes them psykers - Tenno.

2 - We dont know where are the others, possibly in hideing in Oort cload or even in Tau System. We also dont know who are the other Sentients. Nor their numbers, not in proxy, in beings. So far we know only one Sentient - Hunhow.

3 - Not were, who. There is no place "Corpus council", they gather "online" shown in u11 story trailer. Those are the most influencial and most rich of Corpus merchants.

4 - We know noting about Tau System apart from that Sentients were sent there to terreform planet(s) for the Orokin colony. We dont know if there are any Orokin there.

5 - We dont know that, the only time we met her in person was at the end of 2nd dream.

6 - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fragments

7 - Apart from its existance and fall, we dont know much about the Empire.

Edited by Xardis

It's not Nef Anyo. It's a similar person that i don't see in the game since a long ago.

He is really similar(but has gold in some parts), but i don't he is the same

EDIT: Hm maybe is the same person...But why the hell he talks so much about the Void?

Edited by elpeleq42

1)  Are there more living Orokin?  How big is the Void?  Unconfirmed, but there are theories and speculation, none of which has conclusive support at this time.  We don't know what the Void is, that's why it's the place where "our science and reason failed".

2)  Where are the Lotus' siblings?  Didn't Hunhow say more Sentient would come to fight us?  We don't know if any of the Lotus' siblings are still alive - we can't assume either way, there's simply not enough information.  Hunhow said his fragments would attack, and more Sentient certainly exist, but we don't know what they're doing.

3)  Where is the Corpus Board?  Who are they and where do we find them?  The Corpus Board are the controlling members of the Corpus elite (simply put, if the Corpus economy is the stock market, they are Wall Street.   They own all the stuff.).  We know that Frohd Bek (Darvo's father) is a member of the Board, and Alad V was kicked off the board after the whole Infestation debacle.  Nef Anyo ("Give unto the Void") currently occupies Alad's vacant seat.  We'll likely see more of them soon with a new quest that comes after Umbra and those shenanigans.

4)  What's in the Tau system?  Are the Orokin survivors there?  The Tau system has yet to be explored, so we haven't the foggiest clue what's there.  Since Tau is where the Sentients are, I can tell you with 100000% certainty that any surviving Orokin (if indeed there are any) are NOT there.

5)  Where is the Lotus?  Why don't we ever physically see her?  Where does she live?  Why does she hide herself from afar?  If she's a Sentient, isn't she supposed to be really strong?  Why did she only wake us up after centuries in cryosleep?  We don't know where the Lotus is.  We HAVE seen her physically.  We don't know where she lives, but the Devs have figured that out, so we'll probably be going there at some point (possibly during Umbra quest).  She directs the Tenno from afar because she has to direct ALL the Tenno.  The only way to do that is from a central command center.  She's a Sentient, but she isn't her father (i.e., she probably doesn't have all the fragments or whatever that he uses to attack us; she is also stated to have cast off her nature as a Sentient in favor of her new persona.  She's the one who put us into sleep in the first place, so waking us immediately would have been counter-productive:  additionally, she needed her father to believe that the Tenno were gone, so she could wake us later to continue the fight.

6)  How did Ordis lose his memories?  Who created the Cephalons?  Ordis intentionally cleared his own memory banks.  The Orokin created the Cephalons.

7)  How did the Orokin Empire begin?  What happened before them?  We don't have any data, as that happens so long before the game it falls into the category of "irrelevant and/or intentionally vague".  Dark Sector is a pretty good indicator of at least some of what happened (a very, VERY long time) before, but as the Devs have stated, it is not headcanon lore - however, Technocyte is confirmed to predate the Empire.

28 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

It's not Nef Anyo. It's a similar person that i don't see in the game since a long ago.

He is really similar(but has gold in some parts), but i don't he is the same

EDIT: Hm maybe is the same person...But why the hell he talks so much about the Void?

He worships is, its a religion, at least it apears so, he is a scam artist, nothing is sure with those kinds of people.

Ow, there is another person you might be talking about, Corrupted Vor. He is corrupted by the void, he has similar gifts to Tenno.

Edited by Xardis