Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW and mocap

BloodKitten

while the quest and mocap were really good, seeing the behind the scenes for it make me wonder, do you think it would be a good idea to have 2 people to do motion capture for male and female operators in future quests?

there are subtle diffrances, that may not be noticeable by everyone, but just thinking it could help some scenes the operator looks a bit weird due to the actor trying to make mocap for both genders.

just throwing out my random thought, comment or ignore, do as you wish.

6 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

while the quest and mocap were really good, seeing the behind the scenes for it make me wonder, do you think it would be a good idea to have 2 people to do motion capture for male and female operators in future quests?

there are subtle diffrances, that may not be noticeable by everyone, but just thinking it could help some scenes the operator looks a bit weird due to the actor trying to make mocap for both genders.

just throwing out my random thought, comment or ignore, do as you wish.

Double the workload is what comes to mind immediately when you suggested motion capturing for definitive gender movements. The subtlety could be nice, but the operator is meant to be ambiguous seeing the customization options we have for them. Female looking face and body with a male voice and vice versa.

As someone who's used the hunched over default stance on my excalibur since the very beginning, I find it much more jarring seeing my warframe casually walking around upright with very human body language in cinematics. It's probably even worse with all of the other stances and they sure as hell aren't going to do a separate mocaps for all of those.

Edited by rapt0rman