Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about a new Lanka skin?

AM-Bunny

So I've been off-handedly requesting this for more than a year, but I think it's time to formally make a topic about it. I think Lanka needs a new visual model.

It does not have PBR, which contributes to its unattractiveness, but, more than that, it feels as though the Corpus aesthetic has evolved a lot over the last few years... It used to be simple and flat, while now it's more complex and mechanical. Just look at Lanka next to newer Corpus weaponry and you can feel the artistic divide.

gMVRkSI.jpg

It shows its age in a bad way.

To compound the issue, Snipetron has been formally re-introduced into the game. The Snipetron Vandal parts are fully tradable and (I assume) currently offered as Invasion rewards. The two weapons share the same model. In the case of Torid and Ignis, this was enough to warrant a re-design, so I would ask that similar treatment be offered to Lanka.

Thanks for your time.

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I'm on board with this, but the title is misleading. You are asking for a new model, not a new skin. There is a big difference between those two things.

I agree that the Lanka needs a new model, though.

I think that he meant "skin" because someone might actually like this model and by making a new skin everybody will be happy

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i'd buy a 'Deluxe Skin' for Snipetron and Lanka.

since both need a new Mesh.

I'd love a deluxe for the Snipetron and the vandal.

Spoiler

Right after they undo their nerf of the SnipetronV.

Lanka would also be great

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Except is has had its combo multiplier stealth nerfed.

if you think something has changed that shouldn't have, then report your suspected bugs instead of being childish and complaining about malicious changes to the game.

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if you think something has changed that shouldn't have, then report your suspected bugs instead of being childish and complaining about malicious changes to the game.

If you do say so. However this "bug", if you want to call it, set in shortly before the rerelease of the SnipetronV through sortie which is a weird coincidence if at all.

Enough unintended derail though.

1 hour ago, Fox7000 said:

I think that he meant "skin" because someone might actually like this model and by making a new skin everybody will be happy

Look at trin Strega, it's a new model. You can choose that model or one of the original ones, but they are different models. A skin is always placed on a model, and only a model swap can change the actual shape of the weapon. What OP is asking for is a new model for the Lanka, not a skin.

25 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Look at trin Strega, it's a new model. You can choose that model or one of the original ones, but they are different models. A skin is always placed on a model, and only a model swap can change the actual shape of the weapon. What OP is asking for is a new model for the Lanka, not a skin.

Even though Strega Trinity alters the model, it's still referred to as a skin. Speaking in the most literal sense, a default skin is still a skin. However, I agree that my language could've been clearer. You're correct about what I'm requesting.

5 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Even though Strega Trinity alters the model, it's still referred to as a skin. Speaking in the most literal sense, a default skin is still a skin. However, I agree that my language could've been clearer. You're correct about what I'm requesting.

I guess I'm using the language used by tennogen artists, who often say that something is "just a skin" and not a model swap. Then some Tennogen items are actual model swaps. That's true, though, that Strega is called a skin in-game.