Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is Stupid

OnyxWolf

5 minutes ago, OnyxWolf said:

but I've been buying top tier things such as galatine prime and tonkor,rakta cernos,banshee,maxing loki, and stuff like that

I feel your Warframe experience will be short and unsatisfying.

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That's never been a choice though in the game -- it isn't really even programmed in.

It happens when zanuka gets you. You begin entirely unarmed.

Edited by SaurusRex

7 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Because I don't like having wasted slots for things I might use once or twice a month, when it could have a weapon I like or something that I actually like using. Bad enough I have to hold on to event weapons...and those are the ones I don't consider useless.

Kinda the same with quest Warframes, I deleted Chroma because I thoroughly despised his kit and the Aesthetics just....no...no that was not the dragon frame I was looking for.

I deleted Chroma too, but there isn't a quest in the game that requires you to use a specific warframe... you can always pick your favorite. So I'm not worried about keeping warframes I don't care for. 

But I keep a single weapon from each major type because I don't want to ever be locked out of a sortie. I'm not saying you don't have a right to your choice, but your choice comes with accepting that sometimes you will be locked out of the sortie, as it is one of the challenges. 

I understand some people play entirely free to play, and that trade chat can be annoying to use (I personally detest it), but it is not like it is that expensive to slot more weapons. Isn't it 12p for two slots, so basically 6p a slot? 

Edited by Tesseract7777

11 minutes ago, OnyxWolf said:

I've been getting all the end game weapons, i haven't been focused on snipers, like i had the vulkar wraith but i sold it for galatine prime and stuff like that

....Why would you sell it.  I have like 80 weapons and I keep all the Vandal/Wraith + event weapons. It's not expensive to buy extra slots, eventually you're going to want to use those weapons again and it helps to have them on hand + Sorties and all with specific weapon requirments. 

5 minutes ago, SaurusRex said:

It happens when zanuka gets you. You begin entirely unarmed.

Interesting point, but it doesn't change the fact that going into a sortie unarmed would defeat the purpose. You could just killolol with ash or something, etc. etc. The point of the weapon challenge requirement is to entice Tenno to diversify their arsenal and git gud with a multitude of different weapon types (including being good with melee, like with melee only sorties), so we can be true masters of gun and blade. 

That whole purpose is defeated if you can just not even bother to HAVE a weapon from those various types, and just rush in unarmed and use Warframe cheese tactics. Plus, if that was possible, you could have a sortie with four randoms where no one brought a weapon, and no one brought dps sufficiently either (all came support or hybrid support) this would be chaotic and only make things worse. 

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I deleted Chroma too, but there isn't a quest in the game that requires you to use a specific warframe... you can always pick your favorite. So I'm not worried about keeping warframes I don't care for. 

But I keep a single weapon from each major type because I don't want to ever be locked out of a sortie. I'm not saying you don't have a right to your choice, but your choice comes with accepting that sometimes you will be locked out of the sortie, as it is one of the challenges. 

I understand some people play entirely free to play, and that trade chat can be annoying to use (I personally detest it), but it is not like it is that expensive to slot more weapons. Isn't it 12p for two slots, so basically 6p a slot? 

I am what you would call a tradeframe person {I still don't see how people say its hard to make plat, so many times I see people lament in region that its impossible to earn plat), I actually do VERY well on trade chat. For me its about knowing that I have that one little thing I don't use yet still have because "what if". its and almost OCD thing, I don't like having things I wont use at all or hardly at all. Its why I deleted my beloved 6 forma Boar Prime and sold my MAX ranked primed pointblank after they dumpstered, to which I made a post about and received a temp-ban for.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Plus, if that was possible, you could have a sortie with four randoms where no one brought a weapon, and no one brought dps sufficiently either (all came support or hybrid support) this would be chaotic and only make things worse. 

That would be hilarious though. Sounds very Darwinian.

6 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

I am what you would call a tradeframe person {I still don't see how people say its hard to make plat, so many times I see people lament in region that its impossible to earn plat), I actually do VERY well on trade chat. For me its about knowing that I have that one little thing I don't use yet still have because "what if". its and almost OCD thing, I don't like having things I wont use at all or hardly at all. Its why I deleted my beloved 6 forma Boar Prime and sold my MAX ranked primed pointblank after they dumpstered, to which I made a post about and received a temp-ban for.

I understand your frustration. I actually have some serious issues in that regard myself, so I can empathize. I constantly delete weapons and frames if I don't use them enough, I am almost pathological about it. I have gone through multiple shotguns while keeping one around for the sortie because none of them satisfy me. 

But I have also grudgingly accepted that if I want to have full access to the sorties, I will have to keep one around in my inventory, lingering like a bad taste in my mouth, that I wish would go away. 

I wish there was a more pleasing solution to everyone. To be honest, I think a part of the problem is that some of the categories like shotguns and snipers are still too neglected, and too many people have trouble finding a weapon in that niche that they really enjoy using. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I understand your frustration. I actually have some serious issues in that regard myself, so I can empathize. I constantly delete weapons and frames if I don't use them enough, I am almost pathological about it. I have gone through multiple shotguns while keeping one around for the sortie because none of them satisfy me. 

But I have also grudgingly accepted that if I want to have full access to the sorties, I will have to keep one around in my inventory, lingering like a bad taste in my mouth, that I wish would go away. 

I wish there was a more pleasing solution to everyone. To be honest, I think a part of the problem is that some of the categories like shotguns and snipers are still too neglected, and too many people have trouble finding a weapon in that niche that they really enjoy using. 

For me its that all the shottys are relatively the same, plus the Hek fan cult has really left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially after DE mega buffed it to god tier and basically mad it a meme. (Same issue I have with the marelock, its an eye sore of a weapon imo)

I would like a nice pump action style laser type shotty that draws from the total ammo reserve and has a magazine size of one, so that with each pump it reloads without a lengthy reload animation like the Tigris. Basically I would like something less damn clunky, I liked the Boar P before its nerfing because it was a 1 magazine killer on heavys and a two shot kill on trash mobs, was good against nullys, and was just good all around but not god tier.

Only sniper I like is the Vectus Prime. Never liked the one shot normal version, perfer having two shots for that since snipers in general fire so damn slow.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

43 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

If you even tried to use no weapons for that mission then craft a simple cheap sniper and do that sortie anyway. Seriously, snipers aren't really expensive..

Yeah, and THIS is already really stupid.

I mean, you can't even take lvl29 frame to sortie for some mystical reason while you can have HP and Shilds and be as usefull as average Warframe player and even use some skills.

But DE literally force you to take weapon you never, never, never use normally. And yeah, it can be no forma, or even no potato lvl0. I'm strongly believe this is true for a 70-90%% of WF comunity.

1 minute ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

Yeah, and THIS is already really stupid.

I mean, you can't even take lvl29 frame to sortie for some mystical reason while you can have HP and Shilds and be as usefull as average Warframe player and even use some skills.

But DE literally force you to take weapon you never, never, never use normally. And yeah, it can be no forma, or even no potato lvl0. I'm strongly believe this is true for a 70-90%% of WF comunity.

Uhh... I've once taken a lvl9 Ember to a sortie... It worked well...

The reason why they dont let you go in with nothing is to prevent people jumping in and being utterly worthless and expect the others to carry them through. Ive seen it often enough  where people think they would do good just with their frame abilities and still fall off with the lowest damage output of the team.

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I don't know how you managed to do that... must be some weird bug. It isn't supposed to let you take a frame that isn't max rank, it will stop you and tell you you don't meet the requirements usually. 

I guess I'd try that out later and if it still works I'll better contact the support.

1 hour ago, OnyxWolf said:

the sortie for today is sniper only but i literally don't have a sniper and it doesn't even let you do the mission with no weapons. doesn't really matter though I've got only endo for the past 4 times.

You have more than 1 year in the game ... this type of conditions are since ever .... so ... why do you cry for not been prepare for something that you know will happen ? (and that preparation only take 12 or at most 24 hs and some crappy materials )

57 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

My feeling on bows, Hate them and don't use them and or own them. Have all other weapon types but bows. So you can imagine my pissed of annoyance when two days in a row last week it has bows only as a condition.

Then keep a bow, you don't have to like it but having one means you can do it. I don't like Thrown Melee but i keep the Infested one just in case i need to have one for some reason.