Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Electric Shield Context Action.

Stormdragon

Since Update 18.13 Volt's electric shield has a context action which allows us to pick it up and gives amazing gameplay options. The problem with the context action is it's location, since placing it in the center of the shield can sometimes make it cover a good part of the screen while using snipers, annoyance that could be easily improved by moving the "[x] PICK UP SHIELD" hint to the top of the shield or alternatively make it disappear during this action

Picture:

Spoiler

wsgziql.jpg

The pic above shows how the hint covers half an enemy and a big part of a hall even with my vectis prime at it's minimal zoom. As shown in the pictures below, the problem becomes more noticeble at higher levels of zoom:

Spoiler

Vectis:

t6LdbcS.jpg

jPeMdr3.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vulkar:
2R7OzpI.jpg

q1UAh6u.jpg

BtjTcgI.jpg

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

Or just make a few steps away from the shield and the display won't be shown.

Case closed

What if there's a wall behind me?  there's no way to give a step back.

9 minutes ago, PianoPlayer90 said:

Hello and the reason is because you are too close to the shield.they made the shield like that for people to pick it up.

Yes, however, the "button" should disappear to avoid covering part of the place where action is happening since we won't always have a chance to move a step back due to walls, cliffs, objects, etc.

6 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

A simple QoL fix would be to fade out the context actions on the HUD when zoom in is pressed/held down.

Yeah, in the same way as it disappears when we move a couple of steps away, making it disappear would be the best choice, but it might also be harder to code, soI guess moving it could also be an option too.

Just now, -----LegioN----- said:

but it might also be harder to code

Not necessarily - it's just a matter of using a few booleans and changing the context action image opacity parameters when the action is performed.

Moving the context action off-centre will make it look awkward as the location of the player should be properly aligned with the object it is picking up. If it was an indie game I would agree, but it would be quite distracting if it were off-centre.

3 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

Not necessarily - it's just a matter of using a few booleans and changing the context action image opacity parameters when the action is performed.

Moving the context action off-centre will make it look awkward as the location of the player should be properly aligned with the object it is picking up. If it was an indie game I would agree, but it would be quite distracting if it were off-centre.

Haha, tbh, I know nothing of nothing about coding and that's why I may think that some things might be way harder than they actually are. Thanks for the clarification (:

Just now, -----LegioN----- said:

Haha, tbh, I know nothing of nothing about coding and that's why I may think that some things might be way harder than they actually are. Thanks for the clarification (:

No worries! Sorry if I came off a bit pompous there, I don't know exactly how they code but that's how I would do it if it were me.
Cheers for the post, it would be a nice QoL fix when they get the time I'm sure.