Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has hit its peak, now i feel it is time to move on.

Aphelion_Sole

Waframe is a great game, but like every other game in the world it can only last so long. The simple fact is that Warframe is too big and too old. Its hit its peak and is going on the decline. Now its more of something to do when your bored of your other games now. As someone who has played for thousands of hours, i love this game and will continue to play it however i feel as if now DE should start thinking about moving on to work on a new game. I know many will disagree with me and i do almost conflict with myself on this opinion due to my personal bias towards it. I just wanted to post my opinion and see if anyone has some similar feeling and or not. 

>_> had the same feeling for WOW right after mists, wasn't wrong.

I'm having a tough time following your logic here, so I guess I disagree. 

I didn't really see any reasons why DE should move on to a new game, just (vague) reasons reasons why you feel like you want to move on to something new. The unfortunate reality is that players will consume content faster than DE can develop it, and it sounds like you've (presumably) hit the point where there isn't much left for you to do. There are still plenty of excited players out there who have tons left on their to-do list.

If DE still has the passion and resources to keep developing their game, then I think they should keep following those passions. I'm sure there will be a point where DE either gives up, loses their drive, or simply feels that the game is "complete," in which case I fully support them moving on to something new. But I don't think we're at that point yet. 

I feel like a few people are misunderstanding a few things about my post

A. Im not leaving, i even said it in the post.

B. Im not saying that the game is going to S#&$, it just feels like its hit the peak of its lifeline "and iv had everything iv wanted for the majority of my time on WF"

C. Im not saying they should start working on another game, im just suggesting that they should set some ideas aside so when this game does go they will have something new to and brilliant to work on. "which i still feel is a very far time from now, like 4 more years maby" 

Hopefully this clears some misunderstandings about what i meant.

2 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

B. Im not saying that the game is going to S#&$, it just feels like its hit the peak of its lifeline "and iv had everything iv wanted for the majority of my time on WF"

C. Im not saying they should start working on another game, im just suggesting that they should set some ideas aside so when this game does go they will have something new to and brilliant to work on. "which i still feel is a very far time from now, like 4 more years maby" 

It doesn't. 

It's almost funny actually

4 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

I would consider re-titling the thread if ^this is you're actually message, it sounds like a "WF is dead" thread

I've taken many breaks from Warframe over the years. I've never thought poorly of it as a game, it isn't without flaws but I've always revered it as a great thing that gets better with time, which is why I keep coming back to it. And each time I come back I spend much more than I've spent on any other game, AAA or not. I doubt I'm the only one who does this, and that being the case the devs will definitely have the funding to continue expanding on this universe for years to come. 

If anything the Second Dream was the start of several great peaks in the game's future. TWW was either on par, better, or worse in comparision to TSD, but still vastly superior to content prior to TSD. It's going to be a bumpy road as the devs figure out how they want the game to grow, but that's hardly an issue when the base content is riding above the clouds.

6 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

Yeah... that really doesn't clear it up much at all.  From what I can tell you think that video games have some sort of magical essence that is unique to each individual game and that this magical essence has some sort of arbitrary expiration date which Warframe has reached and so the devs should consider killing it and starting a new game with a fresh magical essence.

6 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

24 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

The simple fact is that Warframe is too big and too old. Its hit its peak and is going on the decline. 

8 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

C. Im not saying they should start working on another game

25 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

DE should start thinking about moving on to work on a new game. 

10 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

tumblr_o5l0jd8cXT1smz6teo10_r1_400.gif

Uh.

They already did, DE made sword coast legends in  2015. Do people actually realize that people behind Digital Extremes are more than just the couch dwellers? There are other people who manages the company and does stuff other than just making warframe.