Status 2.0, or "red proc" suggestion

(NSW)BlaineKodos

Going over 100% status doesn't do anything, while for crits it's almost game-breaking. So this is my idea for going over 100% status. Going over would give you a "red proc", with the same proc icon appearing red to let you know it happened. When it does activate, it could automatically apply that status proc to any enemy in a certain radius (let's say 5m for the sake of argument right now, it could be anything that fits a good balance of useful and not broken). Get a red slash proc on a Heavy Gunner? All of those little enemies around her get them as well, and the whole group starts bleeding everywhere. The procs should still apply to each enemy as they would normally (no getting giant bleed procs from tough enemies that murder smaller ones in one go) with the exception of every status becoming a blanket effect.

What this would achieve, in my estimate anyway, is turn red procs into a crowd control option while red crits are more for target removal (yes I know the two best crit weapons in the game are aoe, not the point). It's probably not the best idea, but status could use something. This is at least an interesting concept in my opinion.

And gas, which itself is an AoE when proc'ed, would proc toxin procs (which stack) to all enemies in radius once for each enemy in radius. This would be more gamebreaking than red crits, since toxin proc ignores armor and shields.

Also, with rivens in the game, your Gas/electric lanka could red crit AND red proc gas at the same time, dealing over 100k damage per tic to all enemies in range, ignoring armor/shields.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
Remembered that Gas scales off of Crits

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

And gas, which itself is an AoE when proc'ed, would proc toxin procs (which stack) to all enemies in radius once for each enemy in radius. This would be more gamebreaking than red crits, since toxin proc ignores armor and shields.

With this proposed setup, only the initial triggering proc would cause the area proccing. Gas does activate in an area, and it would indeed cause a large area of Gas to happen. But it wouldn't cascade unto itself without almost guaranteed red procs. Your input is noted, however.

3 minutes ago, freeformline said:

AoE procs would not be helpful when you want to take out an enemy without alerting the guy standing next to him. I'm more of a fan of "red procs" applying multiple status effects or doubling the intensity/duration of the effect applied.

^This^

At least then a gas proc would only apply to a group twice, not once for every enemy in said group.

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

But don't forget that Gas still sucks against Cloned Flesh (-50% modi) and Flesh on Corpus (-25%).

It'll still have difficulty killing Corpus Techs and overall Grineer mobs.

It'll just be used to cull the Infested again, only faster, in the end.

Instead of exhausting this whole "red" effect stuff for all it's worth, can we just have a non-random system? The randomness is pointless. It doesn't make things more interesting, only inconsistent. "Modding" for a random stat consists entirely of getting rid of the randomness. How is that fun?

I would much rather elements be divided up into an auxiliary effect and proc - where the aux effect happens on every attack, and the proc happens periodically a la Dark Souls. For example: Fire auxiliary is burning DOT (enemy on fire), proc is panic.

I would also like to see simple DOTs used less often... Poison could be auxiliary reduction of enemy fire-rate/attack speed, with a paralyze proc, etc. 

Simply put, elements should have a useful constant effect, and a more powerful periodic effect. I would rather they be prized for effects than pure damage output.

11 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

But don't forget that Gas still sucks against Cloned Flesh (-50% modi) and Flesh on Corpus (-25%).

It'll still have difficulty killing Corpus Techs and overall Grineer mobs.

It'll just be used to cull the Infested again, only faster, in the end.

That's Gas damage, not gas procs. Gas procs deal Toxin damage which deal Normal damage to Cloned Flesh and +50% to Corpus Flesh. We aren't talking about damage types, but proc types, and specifically on weapons capable of achieving 100%+ status chance.

For example, I use Gas/Electric on my Pox, with over 100% status chance. Because every damage tic deals either a Gas or an Electric proc, and every Gas proc stacks a Toxin DoT, I can kill very high level enemies with one throw (though I usually use more to make it faster).

Added example

14 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Also, with rivens in the game, your Gas/electric lanka could red crit AND red proc gas at the same time, dealing over 100k damage per tic to all enemies in range, ignoring armor/shields.

Toxic doesn't ignore armor just shields

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Toxin_Damage

It just bypasses shields to go at health.

That's Gas damage, not gas procs. Gas procs deal Toxin damage which deal Normal damage to Cloned Flesh and +50% to Corpus Flesh. We aren't talking about damage types, but proc types, and specifically on weapons capable of achieving 100%+ status chance.

The damage modifiers don't count into procs? Huh.

6 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

The damage modifiers don't count into procs? Huh.

They do, EXCEPT for Gas (and Slash), because Gas proc does Toxin damage instead of Gas damage. Electric procs deal Electric damage, Fire procs deal Fire damage, and Toxin procs deal Toxin damage, so the same bonus/resistance applies. Gas is weird in that it applies a different damage type on proc (and Slash deals Finisher damage on proc, so it has no bonuses/resistances).

Forgot slash

They do, EXCEPT for Gas, because Gas proc does Toxin damage instead of Gas damage. Electric procs deal Electric damage, Fire procs deal Fire damage, and Toxin procs deal Toxin damage, so the same bonus/resistance applies. Gas is weird in that it applies a different damage type on proc.

Only now did I learn of this. Thanks. e.e"