Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Trade Chat Should Be Revamped

OuTlAwTACO229

As everyone should know by now, trade chat has always been just a complete clusterf*ck of WTS/WTB spams. Most of which cannot even be properly read because they fly through the chat so fast. And I know for years, us in the community have requested reworks time and time again. As more things become tradable, the amount of spam only gets larger and the new Riven mods only add to it. So here's my idea on how to properly fix this without breaking the entire trading system completely with an auction house for example but rather organizing into more specialized channels.

Step 1: Remove it from the actual chat bar and move it to a subsection of the main market in the liset. Also add this system to Maroo's Bazaar on a large screen beside Maroo or towards the back of the bazaar.

2q8db49.jpg

Step 2: Name it "Community Trading" or something to that extent.

30vnjeo.jpg

Step 3: When you put your mouse over it, it'll then be broken up into 3 main sections. Selling, Buying and Trading. Beside buying and selling will be the exact same sub categories: Riven Mods, Mods, Prime Parts, Imprints, Relics/Sculptures, Arcanes and Miscellaneous.

2csfara.jpg

Step 4: Essentially turn each one of these subsections into their own open/closable channel, separate from the chat channels at the bottom left. Allow these to be separate entities so you are able to post and watch multiple channels at once. There you go. Problem solved. Chat stays the same, its just separated into easier to understand, less spam chat rooms. If you like the idea, leave a comment below and give some feedback. All comments are appreciated.

Just now, PoisonHD said:

So basically add Warframe.Market ingame. 

I wish that website never existed... but hey, people these days want things handed to them. You know how many people PER DAY tell me that I am wrong because of warframe market. THEY tell ME in a FREE market that my price is wrong. That website brought toxicity and the mindset that anything against that website is a scam, when scamming is stealing. No one has barter skills anymore it's depressing. Leave trade chat the same except move all riven mod people to a separate channel called "Power Creep WTB/WTS"

Just now, -1459.Voltage- said:

I wish that website never existed... but hey, people these days want things handed to them. You know how many people PER DAY tell me that I am wrong because of warframe market. THEY tell ME in a FREE market that my price is wrong. That website brought toxicity and the mindset that anything against that website is a scam, when scamming is stealing. No one has barter skills anymore it's depressing. Leave trade chat the same except move all riven mod people to a separate channel called "Power Creep WTB/WTS"

No one wants to barter because most of the time the person would just ignore you if they don't see a price they have in their mind.

3 minutes ago, OuTlAwTACO229 said:

Kind of. Warframe.Market is more for posting something and waiting for someone to buy/sell it to you though. This is just the same trade chat but easier to find stuff you want or need.

Well, it would be the same because you would still have to put your items up to Sell/Buy, just like on Warframe.Market. But it would be easier because there's no need to use an external site.

Edited by PoisonHD

3 minutes ago, Calwon5 said:

No one wants to barter because most of the time the person would just ignore you if they don't see a price they have in their mind.

which is sad, I never ignore anyone, EVEN if they are rude. I view anyone as a potential customer and I try to reason with them. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. This is the problem. No one wants to maybe hear what the other wants to say, because they are selfish and only wants what a 3rd party website says or what they justify as "the right price".

41 minutes ago, OuTlAwTACO229 said:

There you go. Problem solved.

Not exactly, you'd still have people who go into the mod WTB channel and spam WTS riven mod.  Because there is no guarantee that people will maintain that type of order.  Not to mention the person who may go "Hey I need that prime part and its actually cheap!" might be in sculptures channel or something trying to sell his latest finds.  

Would you risk losing a potential customer and NOT spam your wares in every channel despite those channels not being intended for what you are selling?  I know your concept allows for multiple channel browsing but that's not likely to stop people.

Kickbots then?  Even worse.

Likely the easiest solution, especially now that we have linked items is to revamp (all) channels to allow a filter system.  The trade chat would be setup with, well pretty much every option the OP describes and more, where you can tick off boxes to not see trade requests from anyone who isn't selling/buying what you are allowing through the filter.

It would pop out the side much like the ABC box does and have categories and sub categories which can be (un)checked either en masse or one by one.  You could turn off any line that has WTB/WTT in it and keep only WTS lines for example.  Further narrow it down to "Mods only" or Prime parts and so on.

I think this is a great idea. Something absolutely must be done.

The Problem:

• Chat window is ~12 lines long by default. and with postings often takign 2-3 lines, you end up with only 4-7 postings visible at a time
  • There are several dozen people wanting to buy and sell items at any given moment
  • Most prime items (the most commonly traded type of item) are built from multiple pieces, and players frequently buy just the pieces they're missing.
  • The release of Riven mods has added over HALF A MILLION* tradable items to an already large pool

This is probably one of the better solutions. Trade should not be sorted chronologically. Another solution would be to divide trade chat into channels for the different item types (mods, weapons, warframes, Riven mods, and everything else). At the very least, as a temporary band-aid put riven mods into their own channel.

* 619,344 to be precise. 3 non-repeatable traits from a list of 24, applied to 1 of 51 weapons. Base numbers taken from warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods