Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BRING BACK ACCOUNT MERGING

NukeTown788

I believe that warframe should bring back account merging yes they did have some problems with account sharing but I think maybe they should have it so you can merge your pc account once per system so you could have it on both your xbox and ps4 this way those who have dumped 200+ hours into this game don't have to dump another 200+ hours on their console account this will be for those who recently got a console and want their pc account on it

While it is not too hard to move accounts from console to PC, it is extremely difficult to move them from PC to console. Not only do Microsoft and Sony not like it, there is a much bigger problem: Updates.

Console is always BEHIND PC, and always will be. You would either have the newest items missing from your account, or you would have to wait a few weeks before you could play (and even then some things could still break).

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

While it is not too hard to move accounts from console to PC, it is extremely difficult to move them from PC to console. Not only do Microsoft and Sony not like it, there is a much bigger problem: Updates.

Console is always BEHIND PC, and always will be. You would either have the newest items missing from your account, or you would have to wait a few weeks before you could play (and even then some things could still break).

that is a good point I can only hope though

27 minutes ago, NukeTown788 said:

I believe that warframe should bring back account merging

If they were allowed to do this they would do it, for whatever reasons (see above) they cannot merge or share or transfer accounts.  If or when they are able to do so, we will be informed immediately of such things.  

If they indeed did have this in the early days of WF they must have gotten rid of it for a reason and I highly doubt that reason was to make players beg for it later.  There are legal contracts and technical issues which likely complicate matters a great deal.

Every single week for the past 6 or so months ive been coming here in search for an ETA on the PC to Console transfer, sadly nothing yet, ill keep dropping occasional replies on these topics just to bump them, I really want to play WF again with my console friends, i have about 1000+ hours on it i refuse to start from scratch.

On 11/21/2016 at 10:10 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

It could actually be really easy. Just give console players a way to generate a code that represents their inventory on console, let them entire it on PC and duplicate their inventory.

On 11/23/2016 at 4:19 PM, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

It could actually be really easy. Just give console players a way to generate a code that represents their inventory on console, let them entire it on PC and duplicate their inventory.

That would work for Console to PC, which they have done before (several times). I (and the OP) was talking about PC to Console.

32 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

That would work for Console to PC, which they have done before (several times). I (and the OP) was talking about PC to Console.

There has not been a console to PC merge. The only cross platform thing that has happened is that there were account transfers, not merges, for PC to console. Never has there been a console to PC. DE's official response is that they are trying to get another transfer period again for PC to console

37 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

There hasn't been that kind of transfer, it has only been from PC to PS4 or Xbox1, and it has happened once.

The process is simply DE cloning your PC account and porting it to consoles; you basically wind up with two identical accounts on two platforms. (the PC account still works post transfer IIRC)

On 11/21/2016 at 10:10 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Exact opposite. Microsoft and Sony won't let DE move accounts from console to PC, because they don't want to lose customers. They're okay with PC accounts moving to console.

On the technical end, you're right, it's a bit tricky because of the differing update statuses.