Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hate Seems Lackluster?

Tagek

Question

Hey all,

I recently made a Hate, and it seems a little weak.

It's charge attack has a huuuuge wind-up, and it's reach is fairly abysmal.

Is there any reason  to use the Hate over other weapons? (Especially other heavy ones)

PS: I put this in players helping players because I'm asking for opinions, not giving weapon feedback.

14 answers to this question

It has highest base dmg and charge dmg of all weapons, sharing that with Scindo and Fragor. The only thing it lacks is range, but that is really not that much of a problem. Huge groundslam knockdown radius aswell. I love it.

Hey all,

I recently made a Hate, and it seems a little weak.

It's charge attack has a huuuuge wind-up, and it's reach is fairly abysmal.

Is there any reason  to use the Hate over other weapons? (Especially other heavy ones)

PS: I put this in players helping players because I'm asking for opinions, not giving weapon feedback.

Hate is the best scythe you can get your hands on, to be honest. Although for heavy weapons, did you tried out the Orthos?

The Hate is a lot better at fast normal attacks. If you want to see what I mean, max out Fury and Pressure point. If you want to get fancy, add some fire to it and watch it carve it's way into infested.

That's my advice. Every time I used it any other way, it didn't do too well.

It seems abysmal, but well, I suggest that you level your weapon further and put all the mods necessary on it before you give feedback, as you have not experienced the full potential of the weapon yet. Just a friendly tip =)

-Evanescence

Well I realise it's still unmodded and all, but what I mean is that there seems to be no reason (statwise) to use it over the other heavy weapons, since they are all either faster, or have more range, or both.

Well I realise it's still unmodded and all, but what I mean is that there seems to be no reason (statwise) to use it over the other heavy weapons, since they are all either faster, or have more range, or both.

Well stat-wise I agree with you that there are weapons superior to it in various ways e.g. attack speed, range etc. Hate is actually a rather decent weapon which can be said to be the middling point between heavy weapons. It all depends on your playstyle. Hate is a rather versatile Heavy Melee and I think you should pick it if you prefer versatibility over speciality.

The Hate is a great weapon. Not the best reach but man does it have power. The jump AOE is great and if you combine it with a charge attack (which swings low), you can one-shot many things before they get up. With Fury and Reflex Coil, you can get 3 shots in.

My fav combo with Loki. Decoy into corner, turn invisible, jump into crowd with AOE. Get off 3 charge attacks. Relish in the massacre I just caused.

Has good momentum especially if you use the run key with it.

Looks fantastic!

Edited by XARCStormtrooper

atm, I hardly ever use charge attack on Hate. Spamming normal attack (and adding Fury mods for that) especially on infested level. It can even stunlock Ancient Disruptors. But for higher difficulties, I still prefer Orthos or even Kestrel.