Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)mmcareen

Nitain in the market place

Hello, I'm just giving a little bit of feedback for my alliance as we just had this conversation.  Nitain is the only resource (to my knowledge) that you can not buy in the market.  I know a good few people who would gladly buy Nitain instead of waiting for alerts to come up.  With most things, if you want it, you can either go out and get it in trade or farm it up.  Nitain is not the case, so if you want to play WuKong, you either have to wait for enough Nitain alerts to come up to build him or buy him from the market.  You have a option at least, that does not work with Primes however.  So if you want to build Vauban Prime, you are stuck waiting.  You can't do anything about it besides run Sab 2.0 which lets face it does not have the best drop rate.  Adding Nitain to the market would give people another option and isn't really hurting anyone.  Paying 10-20P per Nitain isn't overly bad either, you are just paying to save time, play the frame you want to play and enjoy the game.  

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The best thing about nitain is that it ISN'T in the market.

Well I personally got more then I will ever need but like I said I know a good few people who wish it was.  What exactly is the downside?  Other resources are in the market so why not Nitain?

1 minute ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Well I personally got more then I will ever need but like I said I know a good few people who wish it was.  What exactly is the downside?  Other resources are in the market so why not Nitain?

Because having a rare resource that's absurdly hard to get and gated by time but instantly accessible with platinum is something DE has actively avoided rather well.

12 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because having a rare resource that's absurdly hard to get and gated by time but instantly accessible with platinum is something DE has actively avoided rather well.

While this is true, I absolutely despise nitain because the alerts are so rare for me. I'd rather spend money than time at this point, since work prevents me from getting on to do nitain alerts even if I can see them on my phone. It's taken me almost 4 months for me to get vauban prime because of the gosh darned nitain. I can understand wanting to time-gate things but come on, that's a little ridiculous. 

At the very least make it so that there is always a nitain alert back to back, 6 hours each, so that people like me can at least get one nitain daily. 

21 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There hasn't been a resource like Nitain before though?  Oxium used to be a pain to farm but you could still farm it, or you could buy it in the market, its your choice.  As eksby said, it took him 4 months to get enough for Vauban Prime.  4 months for 1 farm, and as more and more Primes come out, chances are they are going to need it.  Valkyr will probably need it, so that's going to take even longer to get.

I don't mind the time wall but I think it should be a option at least.  I got over 300 myself so I will never need it but any new players that's going to be a pretty big time wall

Just now, (PS4)mmcareen said:

There hasn't been a resource like Nitain before though?  Oxium used to be a pain to farm but you could still farm it, or you could buy it in the market, its your choice.  As eksby said, it took him 4 months to get enough for Vauban Prime.  4 months for 1 farm, and as more and more Primes come out, chances are they are going to need it.  Valkyr will probably need it, so that's going to take even longer to get.

I don't mind the time wall but I think it should be a option at least.  I got over 300 myself so I will never need it but any new players that's going to be a pretty big time wall

You can reliably farm all those other resources. Not nitain.

Putting it in the market is a greedy bandaid to a poorly implemented resource. 

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You can reliably farm all those other resources. Not nitain.

Putting it in the market is a greedy bandaid to a poorly implemented resource. 

I wouldn't go as far as call it greedy, 10P isn't exactly greedy when every other rare resource cost that much.  Bandaid yes, the system does need to be adjusted, even if its moved up to every 2 or 3 hours one pop up.  I just think a bandaid is better then nothing right now.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Hello, I'm just giving a little bit of feedback for my alliance as we just had this conversation.  Nitain is the only resource (to my knowledge) that you can not buy in the market.  I know a good few people who would gladly buy Nitain instead of waiting for alerts to come up.  With most things, if you want it, you can either go out and get it in trade or farm it up.  Nitain is not the case, so if you want to play WuKong, you either have to wait for enough Nitain alerts to come up to build him or buy him from the market.  You have a option at least, that does not work with Primes however.  So if you want to build Vauban Prime, you are stuck waiting.  You can't do anything about it besides run Sab 2.0 which lets face it does not have the best drop rate.  Adding Nitain to the market would give people another option and isn't really hurting anyone.  Paying 10-20P per Nitain isn't overly bad either, you are just paying to save time, play the frame you want to play and enjoy the game.  

I myself stopped playing before Nitain release, I came back recently and by playing 4 hours per day I was able to farm all the Nitain required to craft everything and now I am sitting at 22 Nitain.
Nitain is not that hard to farm.
I agree they should put it in the MP at a really high price, something like 100p each.

2 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

I myself stopped playing before Nitain release, I came back recently and by playing 4 hours per day I was able to farm all the Nitain required to craft everything and now I am sitting at 22 Nitain.
I agree they should put it in the MP at a really high price, something like 100p each.

Correction, it's not hard to farm if you can get on at the times the alerts appear. I've been playing consistently for a long time, but because of my work schedule I basically miss almost all nitain alerts, hence why it took me 4 months to get vauban prime. 

Just now, eksby said:

Correction, it's not hard to farm if you can get on at the times the alerts appear. I've been playing consistently for a long time, but because of my work schedule I basically miss almost all nitain alerts, hence why it took me 4 months to get vauban prime. 

I work from 9am to 19pm UTC +2.
I play from 20pm to 00am and I am always able to find at least 1 alert every time.
And I was able to farm Vauban Prime, Saryn Prime, Destreza, all Nitain related crafts and enough Nitain to start a Dojo and start the reaserchers of everythig on my own, and I am now sitting at 22 Nitain.
I got my private life too, so I wasn't able to log in every day. But I was able to farm all of these in 2 months. If you needed 4 months to get Vauban Prime something is clearly wrong.

13 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

I got a clan member who plays every night, but only for about a hour, maybe 2.  Timing doesn't work out for him, So basically there are stuff he can't use because of when he plays.  It is one of those resources that once you get ahead, your ahead forever but if your timing isn't right, youre stuck

8 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

I work from 9am to 19pm UTC +2.
I play from 20pm to 00am and I am always able to find at least 1 alert every time.
And I was able to farm Vauban Prime, Saryn Prime, Destreza, all Nitain related crafts and enough Nitain to start a Dojo and start the reaserchers of everythig on my own, and I am now sitting at 22 Nitain.
I got my private life too, so I wasn't able to log in every day. But I was able to farm all of these in 2 months. If you needed 4 months to get Vauban Prime something is clearly wrong.

Exactly. Which is why I was suggesting that the alerts be 6 hours long each, that way people like me can get at least one alert a day. Then I won't mind as much, even if it takes 20 days to get Vauban Prime (which I still think is ridiculously long, but fine, considering Vauban is alert-gated anyway so I can overlook it for him). 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

I got a clan member who plays every night, but only for about a hour, maybe 2.  Timing doesn't work out for him, So basically there are stuff he can't use because of when he plays.  It is one of those resources that once you get ahead, your ahead forever but if your timing isn't right, youre stuck

^This. I'm in the same exact boat as your clannie.

I have a lot of time on my hands and are therefore not in need of Nitain. But I can understand that people with a tight schedule might have a problem if they just play 1 or 2 hours per day. IMO a Nitain alert should be available at all times and hence they should have a longer countdown. IIRC they pop up at least 4 times a day, which is often enough.

I have no objections against Nitain being purchasable in the market and guess that it will come at some point. Kuva isn't available either and for me is a bigger pain to farm.

12 minutes ago, eksby said:

In that case it'd be much cheaper to buy most Nitain based weapons from the market since a lot of them require 5 Nitains. Not to mention frames like, Ivara (9), Wukong (6+research), Saryn (6) and especially Vauban Prime (20), which need (much) more than that.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

11 minutes ago, eksby said:

-snip-

You can buy most of the stuff that requires Nitain with Plats.
You could have bought Vauban Prime Acess back then with rl money.

I agree that Nitain should be sold in the market.
But the fact that your life prevents you from farming it is not the right reason.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Well, if you could buy a time-gate-locked ressource, be sure als hell alerts will get scarce and nitain prices of blueprints will sykrocket. Basicly, players will be forced, or at least feel forced to buy nitain, making it "pay to win", making a good bunch o players leave warframe.

48 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

Yes because everyone has 4 hours per day to play, right?

Stop being ridiculous.

Nitain should be a rare resource drop on planets like all other resources. Period. There is no justifiable reason for it to be otherwise. Its one of many reasons players like me have left the game. Sure we return to the forums now and then, hoping to see some improvement to the game (which there isnt). But we arent playing.

And things like Nitain are a big part of the reason why.

12 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

You can buy most of the stuff that requires Nitain with Plats.
You could have bought Vauban Prime Acess back then with rl money.

I agree that Nitain should be sold in the market.
But the fact that your life prevents you from farming it is not the right reason.

When Vauban Prime Access was being sold I hadn't realized just how much nitain it would require so I didn't buy it. I bought Nekros Prime Access this time though, because of that 5 nitain crafting requirement. 

I disagree, I feel that putting time-gated things like this leads to frustration for all kinds of players, not just me. Argon decaying is another of my pet peeves, but at least you can reliably farm that, unlike nitain. If your RNG is bad and you cannot get the prime part you want, you can also buy that with plat. The only thing you cannot bypass with putting in time by farming or with plat (if you have the money to spend) is nitain, and for that reason I have a lot of beef with it. 

2 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

So there are absolutely no time-walls in the game that can be gotten around via paying plat?
Are you serious there?  Because that is literally what your implying there.

Look at all of the build times.  You can pay plat to skip those.
Look at all of the research times.  You can pay plat and buy the weapon/frame directly no research required.  Hek you don't even need a clan for most research items so you can skip all of the grinding/building time needed for a dojo.
Look at all of the dojo room build times.  You can pay plat to skip those.
Look at all of the rare resources on the market already.  Including the one that drops from one planet only.
Basically you can easily skip every other time and grind wall in the game if you are paying plat.  There is absolutely no reason that Nitain should be a special snow-flake in that regard.

There is quite literally no reason that DE shouldn't put Nitain in the market.
Either that or make each alert 6 hours so that people who only have 1 or 2 hours a day to play can actually get 1 Nitain a day instead of going for 5-6 months and only seeing 2 or 3 Nitain in that entire playing time just because they can't watch the phone app 24/7, interupt whatever they are doing, and hop into warframe to play a few missions.

2 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Adding Nitain to the market would give people another option and isn't really hurting anyone.  Paying 10-20P per Nitain isn't overly bad either, you are just paying to save time, play the frame you want to play and enjoy the game.  

Just so you know, Wukong is available in the market for Platinum as well. Just buy it directly, keeping in mind that 40 plat can be deducted from this value as the Warframe slot and Reactor are given with.

Nitain is technically farmable without waiting for the alerts. It can drop as a reward from reactor sabotage missions and getting all the caches. (Also not saying I don't agree, but I do think that's a reason why they haven't put it in the market)