[DE]Megan

The War Within: 19.0.7 - Valkyr Prime

So... Is Cernos prime currently bugged? Because it fires in a spray similar to Ivara's exalted bow. Please, PLEASE tell me it is a bug, for if it is not, the Bow is trash. The damage is split between all arrows, each dealling S#&$ for damage even if it crits, and hunting headshots which is excatly what you should do with a bow is impossible and replaced with really, really bad AE damage. If i want to hit groups, I'll take a launcher. Not a BOW.

20 minutes ago, Z_Caronte_Z said:

My 3 year experience with this game has tought me something: never rush to obtain thing within the first hour after a release update... Why would I rush, for the hype?

If you had only checked the codex before, you would have noticed that something was wrong

Are you trolling or just trying to show off? Seriously now you're just defending the bugs and lousy developers who can't do their job right. It was freaking OBVIOUS that everyone will rush and buy syndicate packs. If they fail at this they could just release it another day. I don't have to check anything. I expect things to work like they should at least for some of the most important parts of the update.

And also CHECK WHAT? Look at this topic it's been 2 hours and they didn't even bother to write in BIG RED LETTERS that there is a serious bug and people shouldn't buy syndicate packs. Even if I read this topic it wouldn't save me

Edited by Hesyol
  • Upvote 3

*Looks at $50 Prime Accessories pack*

*Sees 30 Air Support Charges*

Thanks DE, I haven't had a laugh like that in a long time.

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Are you trolling or just trying to show off? Seriously now you're just defending the bugs and lousy developers who can't do their job right. It was freaking OBVIOUS that everyone will rush and buy syndicate packs. If they fail at this they could just release it another day. I don't have to check anything. I expect things to work like they should at least for some of the most important parts of the update.

And also CHECK WHAT? Look at this topic it's been 2 hours and they didn't even bother to write in BIG RED LETTERS that there is a serious bug and people shouldn't buy syndicate packs. Even if I read this topic it wouldn't save me

Stop sounding so entitled. Creating content, or rather anything, in general for this game is pretty damn difficult. Bugs happen when something is added or changed or something new is introduced. It is not their fault for that as it is something most, if not all, developers can't see until the build is taken live. From there the player-base provides feedback, while they have a team go and make a witch-hunt to find these bugs; all of which take time. As the person you quoted said: " If you had only checked the codex before, you would have noticed that something was wrong". That means it's on you to realize that things like this happen regardless, and you should have taken the liberty, in which DEMegan pointed out saying to look in the Codex to find what relics give what for this PA. It's easy to point blame at others when the only thing you should be doing is looking in the mirror.

• Upvote 3

Re-posting here for maximum visibility:

At ~2:38 p.m we made a server-side fix for the issue of Syndicate Relic Pack offerings still containing the newly retired Relics on all Platforms. In an effort to rectify this mishap, a script is now complete to resolve those affected in the window of 2 p.m and ~ 2:38 p.m on all platforms. Equivalent Syndicate Medallions have been sent to those affected and can be redeemed now via Inbox. 

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Re-posting here for maximum visibility:

At ~2:38 p.m we server side fixed the issue of Syndicate Relic Pack offerings still containing the newly retired Relics. In an effort to rectify this mishap, a script is now complete to resolve those affected in the window of 2 p.m and ~ 2:38 p.m on all platforms. Equivalent Syndicate Medallions have been sent to those affected and can be redeemed now via Inbox. 

Nice. Thanks for fixing it and giving us the points back. :thumbup:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Wow, so that's what we get after waiting 3 years for Valkyr prime? I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

First you take her base skin and add some prime bits there and there.. Pretty much like all the prime you've done in the past. This is simply making primes look rushed. And it's a shame really, you guys were on a 3 amazing prime streak With Nekros, Vauban and Saryn.

Then you take her corpus bits on her default and add them to her prime. I mean, really?? That doesn't make any freaking sense. It honestly feels like you slapped that there because you thought it looked cool. This goes against her lore so damn much.

And then you have primed Valkyr "bonds"... This is the part that throws me off completely. How can that even be possible? You're insinuating that Valkyr prime was made AFTER the experiments? After Alad V? What.. the.. hell. Add to that only ONE warframe can wear the bonds. Just .. why?

Words cannot explain how disappointed I am. All the wait... for this? Seriously, i can't stand it. 

iqt.gif

Edit: Please DE, redo Valkyr the right way and remove those ugly corpus blocks/bonds.

^^Up-vote, totally agree.

• Upvote 11

What about those new Lith relics without new prime drops? Is that supposed to be so, why would you add new relics with old parts only?

2 hours ago, Xentha said:

See.. The thing you have to understand is, they had to make a choice. Either, they make something that makes sense from a lore stand point, which would be stupid from a game stand point because all of Valkyr's abilities are based off her rage over the Corpus experiments, thus they'd have to make a prime with a totally different skill set, thus making it a unique frame all unto its own, and meaning that anyone who likes Valkyr's abilities would forever be without a prime version.

Or they make something that makes sense from a game stand point, having consistency of abilities between normal and prime.

Think. Yes, it would be cool to have an accurate prime version of Valkyr with a new skill set to reflect it, but it just doesn't make sense the way the game is built.

And, really? Vauban Prime just has gold bits slapped on the buckle looking bits of his suit, a gold cod piece, and a different helmet. Same with Saryn, she was turned all white and given a couple weird blue bits and some wiggly tentacles. How is that 'not rushed' compared to this? I personally think all of them look fine. Calling this 'rushed' is just being unreasonable and pedantic.

Preach.  I agree that it would be lovely to have a fully fleshed-out version of Gersemi Valkyr, an entirely mentally stable, uncorrupted version of Valkyr, but as a Valkyr main, I am @(*()$ thrilled that I'm getting my prime, and I know a lot of other people are as well.

On a sidenote, I'd be willing to bet the reason we didn't get a lore trailer is that Valkyr Prime isn't technically canon, given she exists in this weird limbo bewteen 'made by the orokin' but 'powers given by corpus after the collapse'.  Fingers crossed we get one for the next prime release.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, LadyGauss said:

Preach.  I agree that it would be lovely to have a fully fleshed-out version of Gersemi Valkyr, an entirely mentally stable, uncorrupted version of Valkyr, but as a Valkyr main, I am @(*()$ thrilled that I'm getting my prime, and I know a lot of other people are as well.

Agree, my lore fan side is dissapointed, but my Valkyr's my fav and main side is hyped as it'll ever be!

3 hours ago, PsychoDraugr said:

lol

Wtf...you are not on my ignore list? Silly me! Must been some mistake. Anyway, welcome.

3 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Wow, so that's what we get after waiting 3 years for Valkyr prime? I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

First you take her base skin and add some prime bits there and there.. Pretty much like all the prime you've done in the past. This is simply making primes look rushed. And it's a shame really, you guys were on a 3 amazing prime streak With Nekros, Vauban and Saryn.

Then you take her corpus bits on her default and add them to her prime. I mean, really?? That doesn't make any freaking sense. It honestly feels like you slapped that there because you thought it looked cool. This goes against her lore so damn much.

And then you have primed Valkyr "bonds"... This is the part that throws me off completely. How can that even be possible? You're insinuating that Valkyr prime was made AFTER the experiments? After Alad V? What.. the.. hell. Add to that only ONE warframe can wear the bonds. Just .. why?

Words cannot explain how disappointed I am. All the wait... for this? Seriously, i can't stand it. 

iqt.gif

Edit: Please DE, redo Valkyr the right way and remove those ugly corpus blocks/bonds.

"LORE" HAHAHA
don't try to wrap your head around it, warframe's so called "lore" is so riddled with inconsistencies and contradictions it's not even worth calling it lore, just a collection of codex entries and random notions from quests.
And yes Valkyr Prime doesn't even make sense conceptually, but hey it's DE, what can you expect? 
I wonder if they still even enjoy working on this game.

Occasionally the power menu button gets stuck if you use transference.

To workaround this: while you are in transference mode, you need to press trigger button (shoot). If you don't the power menu button gets stuck.

3 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Will there ever be a mortos prime now that primed auxiliaries are a thing?

Also are we getting a Valkyr prime Trailer?

probably nope, and nope.
Too late for a trailer, I believe they were so "busy" trying to patch up the disaster TWW was that they even forgot that a new prime was approaching and didn't have enough time to do it, since TWW wasn't even supposed to come out this late.
I still can't understand why Valkyr, since it doesn't make sense to have a prime of something whose skills are a consequences of Corpus experiments, but hey let's go buy prime access yeeeea

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Valkyr Prime has arrived!LISET PRIME SKIN
The finest in Orokin personal transportation.

SAITA PRIME OPERATOR SUIT

I was not planning on spending fifty bucks on Warframe this month but now I guess I have to THANKS DE

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

I was not planning on spending fifty bucks on Warframe this month but now I guess I have to THANKS DE

Why would you spend 50 bucks on it, when you can farm it and have it in like few days? I can understand spending 50 buks on prime accessories, but on farmable frame and weapons? No.

Can we get the overlay map fixed for UHD resolutions? It's completely unusable right now (almost entirely offscreen on a 4K resolution), and takes up most of the screen at 1080p.

• Upvote 1