The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Sun Flag (Saita prime suit)

Tron_G

Just now, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

I really don't want to jump in but I hate it when people say "soooo you're saying..." No, they were not saying slavery is fine, don't put words in anyone's mouth. What was ACTUALLY said was you should probably see where you are standing before you accuse someone of doing something that you also did. 

This guy gets it :') +1 for you bb

4 minutes ago, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

I don't want to jump in but I hate it when people say "soooo you're saying..." No, they were not saying slavery is fine, don't put words in anyone's mouth. What was ACTUALLY said was you should probably see where you are standing before you accuse someone of doing something that you also did. 

i said that those things weren't fine

and then he points out that those things always existed

so i said just because those things existed doesn't make them fine

and that's why I said "sooo you're saying"

Edited by onieyez

Offense is taken, never given. People find the fact there's no obese frame to be offensive.

Every major flag has a nation behind it that is offensive to someone somewhere. The Belgian flag is offensive to people in the Congo. The English flag is offensive to Muslims. The Armenians find the Turkish flag to be offensive. So on and so forth.

Being "offended" is not an argument to have something banned or removed.

4 minutes ago, onieyez said:

i said that those things weren't fine

and then he points out that those things always existed

so i said just because those things existed doesn't make them fine

and that's why I said "sooo you're saying"

All the events I put was relevant in World War II.

If you didn't know (even though you're so touchy about the subject) the War between China and Japan actually started in 1936, even though World War II started in 1939.

You might argue that it started even earlier, because after Japan annexed Korea (1910), they started pushing in from Manchuria

Edited by Noobverest

4 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

All the events I put was relevant in World War II.

If you didn't know (even though you're so touchy about the subject) the War between China and Japan actually started in 1936, even though World War II started in 1939.

You might argue that it started even earlier, because after Japan annexed Korea (1910), they started pushing in from Manchuria

not really touchy at all

okay listing all those other things is just steering away from the conversation, because they have nothing to do with the subject here and that is the flag which did not commit any of those things

But the important thing is that people are offended and they should, because when people stop being offended or forget history, then it can easily be repeated, because no one cared enough to do anything about it.

57 minutes ago, Sal said:

WTF?

externalFile.jpg

Seriously? The OP chose to color the suit with those colors. I don't think that the resemblance would be a big deal if they hadn't done those specific colors. Solution? Don't use those colors. People need to chill the F*** out. Every country has done horrible things to each other, acknowledge it, yes, but don't get triggered by every little thing that has a passing resemblance.

5 minutes ago, onieyez said:

not really touchy at all

okay listing all those other things is just steering away from the conversation, because they have nothing to do with the subject here and that is the flag which did not commit any of those things

But the important thing is that people are offended and they should, because when people stop being offended or forget history, then it can easily be repeated, because no one cared enough to do anything about it.

ummm....People associate the flag with Japan, which is why you are talking about what Japan did to women, which is why you're being touchy about the subject.

Hey, I'm Chinese and you don't see me hating on Mongolians, or British people.

British people forced opium onto the Chinese and made them drug addicts. Am I suppose to be happy about that?

Mongolians took over China and destroyed my people. Am I suppose to like that?

I'm not making any movements to overthrow Mongolia. Nor am I anti-British.

You're definitely Anti-Japan.

Racist confirmed?

The only famous figure I actually do hate is Mao ZeDong because he, with his own two hands destroyed Chinese culture with his "Mandarin" as the national language, and the cultural revolution.

That's 3000+ years of Chinese history down the drain. Thanks Mao.

Edited by Noobverest

Look, I'll give you that symbols and such have a power to them, and yeah people in the past and today have done, still do, and will sadly always do bad thing. we can't forget or forgive those kinds of horrid actions, but if people are going to get so twisted up by an image (which in this case is only at best an allusion to something and only if you intentionally throw those colors on it) it better be over every flag that's flown over an atrocity. Otherwise it's just hypocrisy. 

The number of ignorant people who use the term "triggered" to defend a stigma associated with war crime...

Go ahead and say that the Hakenkreuz (Nazi Swastika) is not offensive while you are at it, won't you?

At least have some consistency and integrity being an ignorant moron.

EDIT: To clarify, I do not think the suit itself resembles the Rising Sun flag enough to be a suspect.

Some of the replies in the thread, however, are concerning.

Edited by XiNAVRO

1 minute ago, Kazzamo said:

Look, I'll give you that symbols and such have a power to them, and yeah people in the past and today have done, still do, and will sadly always do bad thing. we can't forget or forgive those kinds of horrid actions, but if people are going to get so twisted up by an image (which in this case is only at best an allusion to something and only if you intentionally throw those colors on it) it better be over every flag that's flown over an atrocity. Otherwise it's just hypocrisy. 

This.

Even with that color scheme the flag resemblance is minimal.

First, the center is not a circle (or even a quarter circle...I'm not even sure it's elliptical).

Second, the "rays" don't get wider as they extend outward.

This no more resembles the flag than does a wagon wheel...

The only thing that offends me is how goofy and impractical that asymmetrical helmet is...I think TC just saved me some cash.

For once i need to say it's better if they change the design, i study asian culture and i'm italian. The simbol represent oppression even it's 1/4 of the rising Sun simbol, and for those who say u only need to change color pattern i say it's the same if there is a 1/4 of a swastica and no color change can alter the fact u can make it look like that. So no. Need to change that asap for political reasons. The japanese were worst than nazis in the period of the 19-20th with the nanchino rape, the human traffick and experiment, the economic and military oppression. Those are facts and the possibility of making a simbol of those event is problematic. 

Just now, XiNAVRO said:

The number of ignorant people who use the term "triggered" to defend a stigma associated with war crime...

Go ahead and say that the Hakenkreuz (Nazi Swastika) is not offensive while you are at it, won't you?

At least have some consistency and integrity being an ignorant moron.

But see it doesn't look explicitly like that "stigma" unless you throw those colors on it. If those were the default colors, of course, everyone would call BS, because it's obvious. What the OP is doing is grasping at something that happens when a conscious action is taken. The OP put those colors on it. Would you have even noticed if they hadn't?

Just now, Tsaiorchis said:

But see it doesn't look explicitly like that "stigma" unless you throw those colors on it. If those were the default colors, of course, everyone would call BS, because it's obvious. What the OP is doing is grasping at something that happens when a conscious action is taken. The OP put those colors on it. Would you have even noticed if they hadn't?

Added an EDIT for clarification. I'm not against the suit's design in particular; the flag, due to what it stands for, and the people who defend using the flag are what I have issues with.

25 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

ummm....People associate the flag with Japan, which is why you are talking about what Japan did to women, which is why you're being touchy about the subject.

Hey, I'm Chinese and you don't see me hating on Mongolians, or British people.

British people forced opium onto the Chinese and made them drug addicts. Am I suppose to be happy about that?

Mongolians took over China and destroyed my people. Am I suppose to like that?

I'm not making any movements to overthrow Mongolia. Nor am I anti-British.

You're definitely Anti-Japan.

Racist confirmed?

The only famous figure I actually do hate is Mao ZeDong because he, with his own two hands destroyed Chinese culture with his "Mandarin" as the national language, and the cultural revolution.

That's 3000+ years of Chinese history down the drain. Thanks Mao.

what did I say to make me a racist? wtf you smoking

I love japan, I don't like people who say they study history and then just goes on brushing serious matters off as if it doesn't matter at all to anyone

I did not say that you should hate anyone either, but I am saying that there are people who care about these kind of things

Edited by onieyez

This is a very touchy subject and I am not sure how long this post is going to remain unlocked. But I feel I need to add my own educated perspective on this. While I would agree the western world is held hostage by a culture of outrage, I also feel some things are worth being angry about. Japan as a nation has had a history of not taking firm action on reparations for its war crimes. There is very real reason for some to be "triggered" by such a design. Just as there are those whom a nazi swastika would "trigger". The best thing to do, apart from locking this thread, is to understand that fact. It best to remain respectful of one another and to try to look at the topic with another set of eyes.

2 minutes ago, Freakiq said:

This is as silly as saying the letter L needs to be banned because it looks like 1/4th of a swastika.

Do you peopole not play games with eagles in them since the eagle device has been used by countless regimes including nazi germany?

The difference between 2 L's and an eagle is that eagle is normally associated with America (e.g. Smite and the horrible pun with Ra (Ramerica))

America is seen as like the big good guy that everyone can depend on, but if you study America, deep down it's like the dirtiest country in the world