Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I know it may sound wrong..

Teshin_Dax

2 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

it is just my opinion  .. female characters  should look more like females.. There is only a little difference between male and female.. it is just me .. nevermind

Females should look more like females.

Wow I'm sorry they don't fit your pre-conceived notion of what a female should look like.

3 minutes ago, Tsaiorchis said:

Wow I'm sorry they don't fit your pre-conceived notion of what a female should look like.

Well .. my wife and i just wondered a bit about the "difference" between these 2 versions.. sry if i offended you :/

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

11 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Also what about midgets, does this apply to them too? I ask you this in an attempt to help you clear your perception.

Well , sry i needed to translate this word...
i cant answer this .. because (for me) it depends on the whole design .. but i guess in general: no

The Tenno is meant to look like a child. Your own personal anecdotal or, uh... empirical experiences with the secondary sexual characteristic of teenage girls, that's not the concept of the Tenno Operator. There's really no way to phrase this question so it doesn't sound horrible and wrong. Like, I am really, truly sorry to have to say this, here, on the Warframe forum. Hopefully someone comes to clean up this disaster sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Belgard said:

The Tenno is meant to look like a child. Your own personal anecdotal or, uh... empirical experiences with the secondary sexual characteristic of teenage girls, that's not the concept of the Tenno Operator. There's really no way to phrase this question so it doesn't sound horrible and wrong. Like, I am really, truly sorry to have to say this, here, on the Warframe forum. Hopefully someone comes to clean up this disaster sooner rather than later.

I hope this too .. because it wasnt meant like many understood it

Just now, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I hope this too .. because it wasnt meant like many understood it

No...many understood the operators as meant to be children, they are regularly referred to as children, have a very clear maternal figure in the lotus, look like children, and even most of their story/lore revolves around the concept of them as children, I'm really concerned how you missed all of that. 

2 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

No...many understood the operators as meant to be children, they are regularly referred to as children, have a very clear maternal figure in the lotus, look like children, and even most of their story/lore revolves around the concept of them as children, I'm really concerned how you missed all of that. 

i just took it from the male (age) appereance..  Many people say something like "my child" to even a 17-19 year old person.. The word "child" seems to have a wide  field of numbers nowadays

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

3 hours ago, Tsaiorchis said:

Its all about perception. Just like I get S#&$ for liking cute petite women with a smaller chest size and high energy and a near bat S#&$ crazy streak and a knack for figuring out solutions to things outside my logical thought patterns. Like I said, all about perception an what one finds attractive or feminine in this case.

I have a 22 year old daughter that is my child.

Age doesn't stop someone being your child. No matter how old my kids get, they will always be my babies.

As far as the operators go, I made mine look as much as I could like me at that age. 

My breasts didn't balloon until I turned 18 and was pregnant with my first child. Up until then my chest was like 2 smarties on an ironing board. 

Some people here concern me. There are blatant differences between the male and female character models. Anyone struggling to grasp those differences may have an issue when they wake up after a night on the beer and have problems sitting down for a week.

1 minute ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Its all about perception. Just like I get S#&$ for liking cute petite women with a smaller chest size and high energy and a near bat S#&$ crazy streak and a knack for figuring out solutions to things outside my logical thought patterns. Like I said, all about perception an what one finds attractive or feminine in this case.

Thx for this mate .. well im out now . it is going to be late here.. maybe some runs ingame ..
Have a nice day (and dont wonder if i dont response). Nice day/night to all here

5 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Well ,yes it is always different .. But i dont meant parents at all with calling someone "my child" ..
Thats naturally.

Thanks for your response , but it is going to be late here.. So have a nice day, you all

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

34 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

So it's only pedophilic if you play the female version because she is young looking but not the boy who also is young looking??? WTF is up with all the Loli hate lately? Plus its a character, in a game, of fiction. One that isn't even sexualized and never WILL be. I say this in a nice way man.....get a grip and realize your just being a bit silly man.

This...

39 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

It would only be pedophilic if they could engage in sexual activities. The fact that you think the mere sight of a minor would make you a pedophile is rather concerning.

This...

I know its  just your opinion but man it really worries and concerns me that you or any player would think like that... Makes me think: "What has this Tenno been playing/reading or expose to that would even suggest thinking about that...?" Not that its any of our business to know, but point is, you have to take in mind what you post so freely on a public forum or the web...as it could be miss interpreted in the wrong way about a person. I know you try to express this very lightly... but still be careful on in the future here or in any place in the web and the world of the internet is merciless and most of the time it never forgets, when you least expected it will pop up to hunt you. 

Anyway I think DE took this approach because they din't want to get into this debate... just look at the subject that has been brought out or even before the operator was playable? Can you imagine what would happen if the operator actually had Adult Male/Female bodies? Yeah...you get the idea.

Im not saying that DE wont eventually make adult operators but DE is actually making us grow with the story... and it will be lore tide to it... but it has nothing to do with sexuality.

Even if this game MA (Mature), the things that pop up sometime comes out just plain A (Adult). Everything has its time and place but not here not in my favorite game. Sheesh Im done with the forums for today this is makes me too uncomfortable, what a turn off. 

28 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Yeah I get that, it's more the phrasing that bugged me.

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Even my wife complained recently about it ..  i just dont find the right words .. lets just say... there is no real difference between male and female .. and it looks really strange

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

It is just that im around that age / near that age .. so yes.. i noticed it .. and i dont know .. im a realistic person .. so  yeah

I'm slightly confused but kinda wanna get this right.  You're near the age of a Tenno but you also have a wife too? Guess it is possible. What country are you from?

Edited by Naith

3 hours ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

i said that im sure the operator is around the age of 17... and that i am around/near that age .. wow, that would be really impressive to buy it as a 8 years old ^^

Well, I'm not sure they are that old. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought... HOLY CARP YOU'RE MARRIED?!

How old were you when you got married?

Well, nvm, it's none of my business. Anyway, I feel like they're closer to 12-14 then 17-18. They look younger, anyway. But aren't they orokin children? Maybe they just age slower, and they're actually older than that?

11 hours ago, Naith said:

I'm slightly confused but kinda wanna get this right.  You're near the age of a Tenno but you also have a wife too? Guess it is possible. What country are you from?

As i said .. i think they are around 17 ..  Im around/ near the age of 17-18 .. so it is impossible to have a wife with the age 20/21 or 22? .. You are officially an adult at 18 (in most of the countries)

And yes.. you meet people in that age at school / college or see them in the free-time..

As i said, just a (for me)  realistic view/opinion (from my side)

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

8 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see them as children? I mean they are as tall as Teshin and almost as tall as a warframe. I know there are tall children but not like this. :)) They are more like young adults. 

Thats what i mean.. Finally someone with the right words

11 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see them as children? I mean they are as tall as Teshin and almost as tall as a warframe. I know there are tall children but not like this. :)) They are more like young adults. 

I still want operator physical aging. I'm tired of playing as some random 15 year old.

Had a blast reading the thread, woosh. No negativity, just pure discomfort for everyone involved. One of a kind, really.

On-topic: i believe our operators are somewhere between 16-18, but they might be younger down to 14 at worst.

Their bodies reflect their age well and there is a clear distinction between male and female body, you can see it well without any costume on: female bodies are smaller, thiner.

Body shape is tied to a face. However body shape does not dictates gender. You can have a feminine male, of manly female if you want, just choose the right face and hair and than slap the right voice.

In fact your voice of choice is a much better indicator of gender than anything else. Although Heron is probably hilarious to hear from the most feminine operator possible.

2 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

On-topic: i believe our operators are somewhere between 16-18,

Yes , and thats the point why they doesnt fit for me .. You looked at my comments before and know that im around/near that age.. so i know how it commonly looks in real life

20 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Had a blast reading the thread, woosh. No negativity, just pure discomfort for everyone involved. One of a kind, really.

It's really late so I laughed at several posts.

I mean, it's just funny. Sorry, all.

Mostly it's because the OP clearly is having trouble explaining himself (not his first language?), and there's also some cultural barrier/bias, too. (About expectations for what an adult male/female is?)

OP, not every female or male body develops fully early on. Some people are what you call late bloomers. You're not wrong that at that age (17 or so), and even at younger ages, some girls and boys develop their distinct male and female physiology.

Goes for boys and girls.

However, and here's the important point I haven't seen addressed (unless I missed it): DE chose not to be realistic and develop any of them too much, physiologically. Chose not to mature them too much.

The Tenno seem to range between early and late teenage years. For a company based in the West (Canada), and for me as a player in the West, it makes sense. Reality shouldn't dictate a fantasy environment, or something a company (DE) has active control over.

We don't have control over our bodies in real life (when we're young and growing). One example? Ariel Winter, an actress on Modern Family, had to get a breast reduction at 17 because she developed early. Back pain, bullying, and not feeling happy or comfortable with herself led her to make the right call for her. My point there is, yes, OP, it does happen. Some boys and girls mature physically faster than others. 

And yes, you are right, kids as young as the Tenno do have consensual relationships with kids of the same age. Many of the players in this community have been there. Done that. That's reality. It isn't pedophilic, or wrong. It's reality.

But Warframe isn't reality. I don't need or want my video game to be reality. DE has control over it, and I have some control over my game, too.

There are really good reasons why DE isn't reflecting reality.

The video game industry, fantasy and science fiction, and science fantasy (all of which Warframe belongs to) already have excessive amounts of sexualized characters. Both actually sexy, and over-sexualized, and ridiculously fantasized depictions of male and female bodies.

DE had the foresight to give the Tenno (who when they were stasis-locked were children in their teens, or late teens) normal, average bodies, regardless of the reality that many teens develop early.

It avoids exactly the pitfalls of sexualizing or over-sexualizing the Tenno.

We know this because the warframes are distinctly more sexy. It's not overblown, and the body types are still real body types, but there's a level of eye candy to their aesthetic. It's not a mistake. Devs openly joke about, and oogle fan art depictions, make red text jokes. Again, it's not a mistake.

The Warframes are meant to be these powerful, representations of female and male forms. Of monsters and gods. Of wrath and ruin. But they're also meant to be stylish and sexy. Overall, it's fine because the warframes are not children, or human, they're carefully designed "war machines". They're objects. Not people.

They're polar opposites, if you think about it. The Operator and their warframes, these two halves that are the Tenno.

It's actually pretty brilliant (even if borrowed from other works).

So, DE made a choice not to chance it and be "realistic" and give some Tenno body types more mature growth (which IS realistic) and then have the Tenno seen as objects to be sexualized or oogled.

No. I'm not accusing you of wanting to do that. My sole point is DE made the choice to nip it in the bud and not encourage it.

DE seems socially conscious of their choices. Despite what we think of "SJWs" being aware isn't a bad thing.

The choice was wise and the right call.

If you and your wife wonder why they don't have realistic bodies, that's my take on why. 

Cheers.