it's can be an bug, but maybe worth the discussion about using some augments on exilus slot

Zeyez

after Valkyr Prime Access comes to warframe, i decide to look at my mods, specifically the exilus ones, and i found out the Hysterical Assault (Valkyr's augment that allow her, on Hysteria, to jump into the enemy at 30 meters by using alt-fire command) and Escape Velocity (Nova's augment for Worm hole that increase the movement speed of the player after walking into it) can be used on Exilus and it's functional

so i thought about the possibilities for DE to implement other mild augments like that as exilus, to give more options for us to run around with them, instead of sacrificing one powerful mod just for an weak addition on one less used skill, like Mind Freak, Vexing Retaliation, Piercing Roar, Surging DashDuality... obviously, only augments that have mild effects that could enter on this list, unlike Peaceful Provocation, Assimilate, ResonanceCapacitance... the ones that can change the player's playstyle entirely around it

so, for you, what's your opinion about this? (Beyond complaining to me, because I'm creating a discussion from an bug that shouldn't be reported)

10 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

so i thought about the possibilities for DE to implement other mild augments like that as exilus,

Personally I'd prefer they revisit several of the more "mild" aka "useless" mods and make them better and on par with augments most players cannot live without.  There are far too many augments that are pretty worthless.  Its a fairly opinionated observation but I'm sure everyone has a few that they see as not so great.

Even if the crummy Augments would fit in the Exilus slot, what would be the point? They still suck. No one would swap Power Drift or Handspring for something like Piercing Roar.

The useless Augments need a tune up, not more competition.

9 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Personally I'd prefer they revisit several of the more "mild" aka "useless" mods and make them better and on par with augments most players cannot live without.  There are far too many augments that are pretty worthless.  Its a fairly opinionated observation but I'm sure everyone has a few that they see as not so great.

9 hours ago, Duavey said:

Even if the crummy Augments would fit in the Exilus slot, what would be the point? They still suck. No one would swap Power Drift or Handspring for something like Piercing Roar.

The useless Augments need a tune up, not more competition.

Obviously, some of them doesn't even worth the exilus slot, but Escape Velocity? i use it a lot, at least, i can use my excess of energy with my negative range build to boost myself and the others, plus if they will try to put some augments as exilus, DE will be forced to look at them one by one, fixing theses useless ones and making a fine-tuning in those that are more reasonable, however, bugged, like Phoenix Renewal (augment of Renewal that regenerate part of the player's health if he receives fatal damage), that rely on Renewal being actively regenerating the player, but it stops if fully heals the player, instead of keep going for the entire duration of the skill, revealing an huge problem of interaction with one's own ability (less duration will increase the timer to activate the augment, but this will increase the energy cost of Renewal and reduce the healing's effectiveness, and if you increase the duration, this augment will not work because the buff will end quickly)

Is something more like a shrewd move to make them, at least, come to look the mess that are some of existing augments in the current situation of Warframe

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

10 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

Sure, I guess.

Augment mod in the exilus slot?

Doesn't sound that gamebreaking to me.

some of them are tideturners, like i said before:

- Peaceful Provocation bring Equinox to an new whole level by allowing Pacify slow the enemies to a crawl (if she has 200% power strenght)

- Assimilate change Nyx to an Exterminator, allowing her to use her weapons, shoot and use other skills while using her energy with even more efficiency than Quick Thinking

- Capacitance gives part of the damage against the enemies as extra shield for Volt and allies near of him, and by using builds that allow him to keep using this skill, he can lock the entire room, while regenerating his shield eternally

but sure, only 20-25% of the augments, right now, are not supposed to be exilus, i can understand where this came from.

I actually think this is an interesting idea -- allow some of the more mostly movement based augments to be used in exilus slots. If the augment only does token damage but is mostly a movement mod I think this would actually give people more cool exilus choices and help satisfy some who wish there was a place beside the main part of their build to put some of the more supplementary augments. 

I think augs that don't do any real damage or cc, but are just utility (even if they aren't movement based), could also fit in this category. 

Here are a list of some I think would be good candidates, besides the two that apparently are working right because of a hopefully not bug, but probably bug. 

Ore Gaze (pure utility for codex and extra loot, does no damage, no cc and provides no damage buffs/no stealth) 

Pilfering Swarm (only useful for extra loot)

Infiltrate (while it does help with laser barriers, it is basically a movement speed/parkour kind of buff, perfect for exilus slot)

Hushed Invisibility (I think this would be okay for exilus, especially since it is really only useful for pure stealthing)

Swing Line (purely for movement) 

Shocking Speed (the cc isn't even that great, the damage is an actual joke, really just a novelty volt mod for speed builds)

Apart from those, Hysterical Assault and Escape Velocity though, I cannot think of any I would approve of as exilus slot worthy.

The ones mentioned that do damage, or significant effects of other kinds, should not be put into exilus as a bandaid for being weak, they should be buffed.

But ones like those above that are basically just for movement loot, or a few stealth tools, they should be exilus.  

That is still eight augments though that imo should be useable in the exilus slot. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

16 minutes ago, ashrah said:

for valkyr  is of vital point to use handsprings... u really dont wish to get knockdown...as melee character...

I thought Valkyr had the passive of "50% faster knockdown recovery" that serves as a watered-down version of handspring.

Also, Valkyr has Hysteria, which prevents knockdowns while activated, IIRC.

AFAIK, most people rather use Power Drift than Handspring for Valkyr unlike other melee warframes.

Edited by NativeKiller

2 hours ago, xFrostKnightx said:

I'm kind of sad that they added both  Hysterical AssaultEscape Velocity mobility skills but did not add Jet Stream for Zephyr just because she's not popular enough. 

Noooo. That was the first thing I was about to test after reading the first post. :(

10 hours ago, ashrah said:

for valkyr  is of vital point to use handsprings... u really dont wish to get knockdown...as melee character...

you can compensate this with Constitution, combined with her passive +50% knockdown recovery and immunity against heavy landing, she will already have something to keep moving all the time, even against many heavys using seismic shockwave

and if you didn't look at Hysterical Assault, isn't? this augment allow her to Jump straight to the target in your sight by using alt-fire, while Hysteria is active, increasing her mobility

9 hours ago, xFrostKnightx said:

I'm kind of sad that they added both  Hysterical AssaultEscape Velocity mobility skills but did not add Jet Stream for Zephyr just because she's not popular enough. 

it's not exactly about being popular, because Zephyr really needs rework since the Parkour 2.0 that made her passive and mobility lose its brightness compared with other warframes

but Jetstream is not an weak of augment, in fact, is really useful with some setups with launchers like Tonkor and Zarr, but an warframe that rely entirely around one skill is bad, like Saryn in the past

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they would add the Ability Mod Slots back into the game, and change all augments to standalone abilities to further allow us to customize our warframes. Make each slot different and only upgrade-able with specific mods, for example: Alpha for your #1, Beta for your #2, Gamma #3, and Omega for #4. This would allow far more diversity in builds, allowing fully different gameplay styles depending on your equipped set of abilities. This would give create an opportunity for them to release new abilities for the current warframes in the game.

I think all augments that are direct upgrades of the power like Ash's Rising Storm should be used in the normal mod slots, but any power that changes the power's mechanics like Nyx's Assimilate should definitely be given a separate Auxiliary slot since they aren't necessarily "better" since they come with downsides to the original power.