Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you think Valkyr Prime is disappointing....

CTanGod

3 minutes ago, no_stripes said:

Am I the only one who could not care less about this whole Umbra business?

considering that there are more than 25milion players in warframe
and considering that most of them don't even visit the forums and have no clue that something like "umbra" even exists

no you are neither special nor unique and for sure not the only one who doesn't care
but so far you seem to be the only one who feels the need to post something in this thread without contributing to it

i honestly hope this makes you feel better

I hope Excalibur Umbra stays a China exclusive. 

If for no other reason than to watch my Excalibur player coworker burst a blood vessel.

He rages every time he sees Excalibur Prime because he thinks he deserves to have it, having only started playing himself about 6 months ago. The worst part is he's a terrible Excalibur. He just activates Exalted Blade and spams the melee button all day while ignoring the other 3 abilities.

XD

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I hope Excalibur Umbra stays a China exclusive. 

If for no other reason than to watch my Excalibur player coworker burst a blood vessel.

He rages every time he sees Excalibur Prime because he thinks he deserves to have it, having only started playing himself about 6 months ago. The worst part is he's a terrible Excalibur. He just activates Exalted Blade and spams the melee button all day while ignoring the other 3 abilities.

XD

10/10 :crylaugh:
your coworker sounds just like the average player who happens to use an excalibur xD

Doubtful.  Umbra's are supposed to be hugely different.  Not to mention unlike primes not every frame will get an umbra version according to DE.  I'm not expecting umbra's to be stronger than a prime.  Prolly a side grade.  I'm not expecting a brand new set of abilities either.  I mean after all "umbra excalibur" it wouldn't make sense to call him excal if he wasn't similar ability wise.

It's my guess that we might see one new ability on these umbras.  but rather the umbras will have interesting twists on the frames current abilities.  Since TWW was basically about the void and how it's part of us i'm willing to bet that umbra frames are frames made from over very heavily influenced by void.

really hope they don't change Umbra's abilities. That'd be a bad decision imo. I absolutely love regular Excal's abilities, and I just want Umbra for the way he looks since I can't get the prime version. If I wanted diff. abilities I'd use a different frame.

2 minutes ago, Damuranashi said:

So the disappointment about Valkyr Prime is because she has those things in her arms? People here get worse everyday.

and to think if those two small bits weren't on her, a good bit of this mess could have been avoided

Just now, Damuranashi said:

Doubt it. People would just look for something else to complain.

lack of a tail would be my guess, then the "nose ring", but at least those don't mess with warframe's carefully thought out lore

just enjoy the salt, I can see where everyone's coming from with DE seemingly rushing this prime and prime access out, but that doesn't change how hilarious some of these posts are

7 hours ago, CTanGod said:

Just wait for Excalibur Umbra since he will most likely be just a skin that we had to wait 2 (or more?) years for, go through a cinematic quest that will probably be more confusing than anything, dump some forma into it to bring it up to your Excalibur's level and not even feel special since it will probably be easier to get than a standard prime so that means there will be tons and tons of Excalibur Umbras everywhere.

If that's not disappointing then I don't know what is....

Although it could be worse... DE might give it altered abilities... and the frame might suck... that would be devastating...

Tenno I know we been waiting forever for it, but you need to take it easy none of what your saying has been said or confirm... you need a sunny Pill your assuming the worst and frustrating too soon... There is still lore to cover before the Umbra Warframes show up...keep up faith man, to much expectation whether negative or positive is bad for the heart.

Just enjoy what you have now and focus on that Tenno.

Edited by 0zryel

26 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

lack of a tail would be my guess, then the "nose ring", but at least those don't mess with warframe's carefully thought out lore

just enjoy the salt, I can see where everyone's coming from with DE seemingly rushing this prime and prime access out, but that doesn't change how hilarious some of these posts are

I do enjoy some of it, but is sad that this once decent community has turned into a bunch of crybabies.

7 hours ago, CTanGod said:

Just wait for Excalibur Umbra since he will most likely be just a skin that we had to wait 2 (or more?) years for, go through a cinematic quest that will probably be more confusing than anything, dump some forma into it to bring it up to your Excalibur's level and not even feel special since it will probably be easier to get than a standard prime so that means there will be tons and tons of Excalibur Umbras everywhere.

Although it could be worse... DE might give it altered abilities... and the frame might suck... that would be devastating...

inb4 veiled/riven abilities/stats Excal umbra hahahaha.

This is what this thread sounds to me :

Oh you thought "Insert something totally unrelated that disappoints me" was disappointing, wait till you get Umbra.

Like, Oh you thought the independence day : resurgence was disappointing, wait till you get Umbra

like it hasn't even been talked about yet, It just feels like you want it to be disappointing.

Like I'm not even trying to hype it but

Umbra, A cinematic quest, that reveals lore. starts a new chain of frames

Valkyr prime ,a frame that doesn't have anything more than half a page loosely written lore lines, Lines which were made years ago before the devs even thought about focusing on lore, but Valkyr fans hold those lines so close to heart for some reason.

again it just feels like your creating a reason to complain.

8 hours ago, CTanGod said:

#umbrapassive 

53 minutes ago, Damuranashi said:

I do enjoy some of it, but is sad that this once decent community has turned into a bunch of crybabies.

Normally I disagree with posts like this that paint a chunk of the player base in the same light but these forums are full of whining.

I hate using the word "entitled", it's a buzz words that's been thrown around far too much now but it does fit here.

DE allows something like the design council and gives players a bit of input and all of a sudden they think they are running the place and DE should do everything they say.

I don't want to blame millennials but ... millennials. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/11/2016 at 11:02 AM, Zachatoo said:

1. Lots of people (including myself) would've preferred Banshee first. Could easily just be my experience, but most of the people I've talked to said they wanted Banshee.

2. No lore was introduced with Valkyr Prime, besides that Valkyr Prime looks more like Valkyr than her deluxe skin. Which begs the question, why? Lore that answers that would've been awesome instead of leaving us guessing, but meh.

The trailer isn't out yet :facepalm: