Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(DE) Let's talk about the relic codex entry on consoles.

(XBOX)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

So I remember a time when DE said they wanted to eliminate the need to search the wiki and other 3rd party sites for relic information. This is in fact a great idea and as a player I was all for it. I say was because at the time there was no knowing how this information was going to be added into the game. Well lets fast forward to today and I'll tell you that on PC it is just hot fixed in. Fast and simple. I'm happy for all you PC players.

Consoles on the other hand do not get the same "quick add." I mean we are still missing the last PA relic information.

Now not only is the wiki not updated day one with the new relic information but some of the better old KEY INFORMATION sites are dead and pointless. This in a matter of fact makes it even more of a pan in the butt to search out relic information on new primes.

So I hope DE understands this and sees how much of a set back the new ways is for the console players.  At least remember to add the last relics(NECROS PA)in the update DE.

this has bothered me too since now you need to find out what the relic is via the wiki or internet then search for where it drops which has not been easy to find. from yesterdays ps4 stream they did say a fix for this was inbound but wont come until we get the war within so 2-3 weeks at least till we get the information added to the codex.

28 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

In the codex there are all the relics with all the drop locations. You just need to SEARCH them. No need for wikis or else.

on console we dont have the nekros relics or valkyr ones added and the nekros relics were missing before our last update but sadly wasnt fixed.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LiamRising said:

on console we dont have the nekros relics or valkyr ones added and the nekros relics were missing before our last update but sadly wasnt fixed.

Still, you cannot complain about a problem that has been fixed.

But you can go complain to microsoft and sony about update speed of the game, that will go well.

#pcmustardrace

1 minute ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

WE RE ON CONSOLE MATE

Reading is not your strong suit I see.............. Sorry mate but I had to do it........

Yo mate, you complain about not being able to see the drop tables in the in game codex. DE did put them in, but it's not their fault if Microsoft and Sony take ages to release updates on console builds. You should complain to them, not DE. 

DE would release everything at the same time, and have all platforms  with the same build. However, the console certification thing is what is screwing up you all and making consoles fall behind months on scheduled updates.

28 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Yo mate, you complain about not being able to see the drop tables in the in game codex. DE did put them in, but it's not their fault if Microsoft and Sony take ages to release updates on console builds. You should complain to them, not DE. 

DE would release everything at the same time, and have all platforms  with the same build. However, the console certification thing is what is screwing up you all and making consoles fall behind months on scheduled updates.

Many other developers manage to get updates out on PC and console at exactly the same time.

This is a DE issue.

13 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Many other developers manage to get updates out on PC and console at exactly the same time.

This is a DE issue.

It could be because they delay releases on pc to wait for console certification to happen? I do agree, some devs do that.

But don't DE use pc players as guinea pigs so that then they fix the gamebreaking bugs before console releases? Could that be the reason why they don't do synchronized content updates?

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17

57 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

It could be because they delay releases on pc to wait for console certification to happen? I do agree, some devs do that.

But don't DE use pc players as guinea pigs so that then they fix the gamebreaking bugs before console releases? Could that be the reason why they don't do synchronized content updates?

I think the guinea pig thing is more likely.

I know it does cost more to have regular updates on console to push the certification through so it does stand to reason that DE would use PC as a test base so there are less bugs on console updates which would make it cheaper to patch.

2 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I think the guinea pig thing is more likely.

I know it does cost more to have regular updates on console to push the certification through so it does stand to reason that DE would use PC as a test base so there are less bugs on console updates which would make it cheaper to patch.

Exactly my thoughts.

19 hours ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

In the codex there are all the relics with all the drop locations. You just need to SEARCH them. No need for wikis or else.

Even if it's in the game, it doesn't help at all if the codex entries are hidden. For some reason, a lot of my Relics do not appear in my codex. Some do, some don't, and I don't know why some are there and others aren't. There are more relics in my collection than in my codex, which is really weird. Is there something specific I'm supposed to do to get my relics to appear in the codex or is it bugged?

19 hours ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

#pcmustardrace

Yes, because Valkyr Prime is totally in the Codex on PC's. 

Let's face it, DE is bad at updating the Codex, and for the rest of the game, the Codex doesn't function to help new players. 

You can't look up mods or what they drop from until you already have the mod and/or scanned the enemy. That is why the Codex is useless compared to the Wiki for learning things about the game. 

I think, at the very least, all mods should be in the codex with information about where to get them from, if it's ever going to actually serve a purpose for information for new players.

Maybe they want to still keep the whole discovery element to scanning things, I get that, so how about this:

Make it so players can access a Cumulative Codex of all of the information unlocked by their clan-members, that way information is available in game but still requires scanning and discovery.

Edited by Gelkor

On 11/23/2016 at 4:32 AM, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Yeah this bothers me soo much. But a mate from the design council told me that DE will add them in the War Within update. Not sure if it's true or not since DE didn't make an official post about it here on the forums. 

There was an announcement in game yesterday that stated the fix would be coming with ttw and an apology for the inconvienence.