Gersemi skins?

-Ryuurei-

Question

So in light of the many, many complaints about valkyr prime's design being completely lore-breaking (which it is), why not allow people to create tennogen skins based on Gersemi's model? It'd make a lot of people happy that they can make skins for what is essentially the real valkyr.

I'd even go as far as to suggest a contest be held in which people get to submit their own creation for valkyr prime, based off gersemi's model, with additional prime bits being allowed. To ensure it'd please both the community and devs we could have 2 rounds: round 1 is concept art, voted on by players, while round 2 has the top 10 from round 1 model their concepts and then DE can pick their favourite. Just a suggestion though.

Please post why you would be for or against either of these, rather than just a straight up yes or no.

Edited by DragonSkllzz_of_OG
added the keyword design for reasoning, my bad

17 answers to this question

Valkyr Prime isn't lore-breaking. The idea that Corpus experimentation created her powers has been retconned since at least the Second Dream. What it does, however, is contradict the concept of Gersemi being "pre-Corpus" Valkyr. The only reason to choose to design Valkyr Prime as she is (that I can see anyway) was because they wanted to invoke a more ornate version of the original frame. Valkyr is the one unique exception where doing that causes fuzzy implications of pre-established lore. I'd rather have had Prime Gersemi, but it is what it is.

20 minutes ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

valkyr prime being completely lore-breaking

Please, explain your reasoning.

In every Warframe scenario, the Prime 'Frames exist long before their "original" counterparts. The original Gersemi Valkyr, per lore, was effectively disfigured, tortured and dissected while awake, thus turning her into the Corpus Tech infused victim you see when she's initially crafted.

Valkyr Prime would've existed long before her and, as such, be completely outside the lore of the original.

10 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

In every Warframe scenario, the Prime 'Frames exist long before their "original" counterparts. The original Gersemi Valkyr, per lore, was effectively disfigured, tortured and dissected while awake, thus turning her into the Corpus Tech infused victim you see when she's initially crafted.

Valkyr Prime would've existed long before her and, as such, be completely outside the lore of the original.

We don't know if the Primes came before the "originals" or not, as there is conflicting information in-game currently (Odanata P lore, for instance). Either way, both originated during the Old War, and it was indeed the non-Prime Valkyr (now called Gersemi, then probably just called Valkyr) that was found and experimented on by Alad V.

38 minutes ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

valkyr prime being completely lore-breaking (which she is)

A solution to this could be done pretty simply, actually.

Gersemi Valkyr was the original Valkyr before the warframe was salvaged by the Corpus. This isn't too far fetched, because we know the Tenno can create their own warframes with some visual differences to the original.

Alad V, after salvaging Gersemi Valkyr's outer layer of armor for his Zanuka experiments, decides to further tinker with the warframe to try and recreate its Prime/Orokin version, using Corpus technology. Again, something that's not too far fetched, because we know that the Corpus love to reverse-engineer Orokin tech (The Braton series, for example). This is the Valkyr that tenno obtain the schematics for, thus it's the base version of Valkyr we build, until we finally find or remember how to build the original/Tenno Gersemi version.

3 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

We don't know if the Primes came before the "originals" or not

To play devil's advocate here, it's implied by the name. Prime means first (e.g. primary) so by sheer nature of etymology any Warframe's Prime should be its first incarnation. That said, there is no concrete explanation on why we have Primes and non-Primes, only speculation at to why we have weaker versions without the gold. That's another discussion entirely.

4 minutes ago, BlaineKodos said:

To play devil's advocate here, it's implied by the name. Prime means first (e.g. primary) so by sheer nature of etymology any Warframe's Prime should be its first incarnation. That said, there is no concrete explanation on why we have Primes and non-Primes, only speculation at to why we have weaker versions without the gold. That's another discussion entirely.

The word Prime has multiple meanings, not all of which necessitate something being the "first." (Edit: Only 1 meaning indicates first in regards to chronology, rest are as follows) It also means things like of greatest importance, first-rate (not a chronological, but a quality type of first), and such. I anticipate we will find out in due time which ones did indeed come first, but until then... We're left with guessing lol

Edited by Minion135

1 hour ago, Drufo said:

She is not.

48 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

sorry, I meant valkyr prime's DESIGN, not the frame being primed itself, I know that that's perfectly fine. You are both absolutely correct.

16 minutes ago, kreftet said:

or the simple sollution is if they based it on gersimi skin noone would buy that anymore because it simple would be given away with valk prime?

Anyone who knew even half the lore of valkyr (not that there's that much) would know it was extremely likely that her prime would be based off of gersemi, because that's the true downgraded version of the prime, whereas Alad V then took the gersemi he found and made his version out of it.

58 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

You are not allowed to make tennogen skins based on deluxe skins, only the base warframe model.

I don't believe DE has released the files for the deluxe skins anyway.

I'm aware we don't have the files and aren't currently allowed to make skins for deluxe model, that's the entire reason I made this thread.

Edited by DragonSkllzz_of_OG
Added responses

33 minutes ago, BlaineKodos said:

"We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction" - Excalibur Prime Codex Entry

This piece of text suggests that the tenno were given *one* warframe that was manufactured by the orokin and not the tenno themselves.
We can therefore assume that the 'basic' warframes are copies whose creation through the tenno and/or the lotus to give other tenno the ability to control their own copy of this frame was enabled by reverse-engineering the prime warframes.

of course this would also limit the game lore by implying that there was only one excalibur (still hoping for a hayden tenno cameo), one mag, one loki, one volt etc.

8 minutes ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

"We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction" - Excalibur Prime Codex Entry

This piece of text suggests that the tenno were given *one* warframe that was manufactured by the orokin and not the tenno themselves.
We can therefore assume that the 'basic' warframes are copies whose creation through the tenno and/or the lotus to give other tenno the ability to control their own copy of this frame was enabled by reverse-engineering the prime warframes.

of course this would also limit the game lore by implying that there was only one excalibur (still hoping for a hayden tenno cameo), one mag, one loki, one volt etc.

This is also contradicted by the fact that the Tenno is not inside the frame. You could argue that "built around" means "based upon", but taken directly it sounds like an old, retconned lore entry when the idea was still people in suits. Being Excalibur Prime's entry, it would have been written 4 years ago at the genesis of Warframe, when many of the ideas like Operators and Transference were not even a consideration. It's a symptom of Warframe's greatest strength, constant change and evolution as a game. Some things get left.

2 hours ago, Minion135 said:

We don't know if the Primes came before the "originals" or not, as there is conflicting information in-game currently (Odanata P lore, for instance). Either way, both originated during the Old War, and it was indeed the non-Prime Valkyr (now called Gersemi, then probably just called Valkyr) that was found and experimented on by Alad V.

Based on what i learned so far of the game Lore, the Primes came after the original ones.

As i mentioned in another topic, Margulis was executed by the Orokin Council wile she was still working on Warframes and Transference so she never had the opportunity to properly build her designs which would be the Primes. The Orokin Council would never authorize the use of their finest materials to make such refined Warframes like the Primes for a bunch of children they hated so much so the "Original" warframes we use and start with would be the crappy cheap prototypes made by the Orokins.

4 hours ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

sorry, I meant valkyr prime's DESIGN, not the frame being primed itself, I know that that's perfectly fine. You are both absolutely correct.

Anyone who knew even half the lore of valkyr (not that there's that much) would know it was extremely likely that her prime would be based off of gersemi, because that's the true downgraded version of the prime, whereas Alad V then took the gersemi he found and made his version out of it.

I'm aware we don't have the files and aren't currently allowed to make skins for deluxe model, that's the entire reason I made this thread.

its not about the lore its about them monies again because you dont seem to get it IF they made valk prime look like gersimi skin or even beter noone would buy that skin anymore and it would be a useless adition in the market why pay 150plats for a look you can get free with the prime version of valk idk if your dense your last comment makes me think you do but this is money wise made not lore wise 

54 minutes ago, kreftet said:

its not about the lore its about them monies again because you dont seem to get it IF they made valk prime look like gersimi skin or even beter noone would buy that skin anymore and it would be a useless adition in the market why pay 150plats for a look you can get free with the prime version of valk idk if your dense your last comment makes me think you do but this is money wise made not lore wise 

No need to be rude. Besides, if they'd used gersemi as a base the gersemi skin would most likely have functioned like an immortal skin does on other primes, changing the colour areas and not much else, while leaving prime bits intact. I understand that this way makes them more money, but you have to admit it's odd they release a big cinematic quest all about lore, then say F*** the lore immediatly after.