Reactant

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Something needs to be done about this. Change it from dropping from random enemies and reward it for completing the objective. Or have the fissure show up near the objectives, Reduce the require reactant to 5. Allow players to carry reactant in one hand to friends.  Not have the indicator disappear when facing it, so you don't have to hunt it down backwards. Make it team based. Etc.

I don't have an issue collecting it myself, beyond being annoyed by it, but I saw poor, back-to-back newbies get nothing from the mission because of it. They missed out on things like the Nova Prime Chassis.

With the new endless missions, if you don't get your 10 by the 5 minute mark, your total gets wiped back to 0. Took me 15 minutes to get a full 10 to unlock a relic while running with pugs yesterday - NONE of us got 10 for the first two rounds. Probably due to everyone running off in different directions, and why I never run with pugs unless I have to... While I understand you need to collect 10 to unlock the relic, there's no reason to wipe back to 0 if you don't get your 10 in 5 mins. I would be really happy if this were changed.

7 minutes ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

With the new endless missions, if you don't get your 10 by the 5 minute mark, your total gets wiped back to 0. Took me 15 minutes to get a full 10 to unlock a relic while running with pugs yesterday - NONE of us got 10 for the first two rounds. Probably due to everyone running off in different directions, and why I never run with pugs unless I have to... While I understand you need to collect 10 to unlock the relic, there's no reason to wipe back to 0 if you don't get your 10 in 5 mins. I would be really happy if this were changed.

Endless missions should not have reactant as a thing at all.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Not have the indicator disappear when facing it, so you don't have to hunt it down backwards.

This is luckily fixed on PC. Guess it'll be changed with TWW for console too.

The drop rate could really be better in most missions. My suggestion: The enemies coming through the fissures have a 100% chance of dropping reactant. That should solve a lot of problems.

I haven't played certain missions in a while, but I remember that solo excavation was annoying due to low spawn rate of fissures. Might have been fixed though.

I think reactant prevents people from joining into a squad with the objective basically finished and still getting the reward. But the problem is when that person doesn't realize that they won't have enough time to collect reactant before the team extracts, and doesn't know to abort mission before that happens. Reactant also makes every mission effectively into an exterminate, taking away from mission variety, which was the [official] point of introducing the relic system.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Not have the indicator disappear when facing it, so you don't have to hunt it down backwards.

This, at least, is fixed AFAIK on PC, so consoles should get it in their next update.  Getting enough reactant isn't that difficult, or shouldn't be and really just requires a bit of teamwork. 

Not saying it couldn't be better (fissures near objectives as you said) but a bit more effort on the player couldn't hurt either.  New players are likely ill equipped to be doing fissures if that's the case. I started back with old void and it was 3 months before I ever did my first void key mission.  People are in a rush and expect things handed to them to be honest.

Edited by Xekrin

5 minutes ago, tsoa said:

The drop rate could really be better in most missions. My suggestion: The enemies coming through the fissures have a 100% chance of dropping reactant. That should solve a lot of problems.

Why not just make the enemies that come through Eximuses, and change it from dropping reaction to killing them instead, and make it collective, not individual based.

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

This, at least, is fixed AFAIK on PC, so consoles should get it in their next update.  Getting enough reactant isn't that difficult, or shouldn't be and really just requires a bit of teamwork. 

Not saying it couldn't be better (fissures near objectives as you said) but a bit more effort on the player couldn't hurt either.  New players are likely ill equipped to be doing fissures if that's the case. I started back with old void and it was 3 months before I ever did my first void key mission.  People are in a rush and expect things handed to them to be honest.

It doesn't need to be big changes. Like I said, fissures near the object, reactant lower to 5 from 10, etc.  I don't want to be playing a defense-styled mission and have my entire team on the other side of the map chasing down reactant. Whereas, exterminate just rolls in the stuff and is currently the best mission type for relics.

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2016 at 8:45 AM, dstrawberrygirl said:

THERE IT IS! Finally, I found the hitherto unwritten rule on doing a Relic Run in [only] a Survival Mission, which states what is otherwise unstated, and just seems like a bug:

If the player is doing a Void Fissure Alert SURVIVAL Mission, then all collected reactant will be forfeited as each 5 minute interval passes, unless all 10 have been collected and the relic has been cracked.

If it is written in the rules somewhere, I have not been able to find it (yet) on this site, or the Wiki, or the Reddit , and only was able to figure it out by running the same mission three times, with it seeming to be a bug,

- but at least figuring out what the parameters of the [presumed] bug were - which as it turns out is just a special rule that's been stuck into only THAT kind of mission, when going in with a relic on a Void Fissure alert.

Looking for any mention of that happening, or bug reports, or info -

No, not here:

NO luck times 8.

I could still be at fault.  It may be stated somewhere that I have not yet found, that this special little rule applies to Void Fissure alerts that are Survival Missions.

At least NOW I know.

Just so it is easier for players to find,

The rules of Void Fissure Relic Missions are Different for SURVIVAL MISSIONS:

IN VOID RELIC SURVIVAL MISSIONS, THE PLAYER HAS TO COLLECT ALL OF THE 10 REACTANT NECESSARY TO OPEN THE RELIC IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES,

OR ELSE THE TOTAL REACTANT COLLECTED WILL BE RESET TO 0 (Zero, None),

AND IF THE PLAYER DOESN'T COLLECT ALL 10 IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES AFTER THAT,

THE COLLECTED REACTANT WILL DISAPPEAR AGAIN, AND DROP TO ZERO (0, NONE), AD INFINITUM.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax said:

THERE IT IS! Finally, I found the hitherto unwritten rule on doing a Relic Run in [only] a Survival Mission, which states what is otherwise unstated, and just seems like a bug:

If the player is doing a Void Fissure Alert SURVIVAL Mission, then all collected reactant will be forfeited as each 5 minute interval passes, unless all 10 have been collected and the relic has been cracked.

Defense/ Excavation/Interception mission as well. Reactant wipe on wave 5/ or on 2nd extract/ or 1st round.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax said:

Just so it is easier for players to find,

The rules of Void Fissure Relic Missions are Different for SURVIVAL MISSIONS:

IN VOID RELIC SURVIVAL MISSIONS, THE PLAYER HAS TO COLLECT ALL OF THE 10 REACTANT NECESSARY TO OPEN THE RELIC IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES,

OR ELSE THE TOTAL REACTANT COLLECTED WILL BE RESET TO 0 (Zero, None),

AND IF THE PLAYER DOESN'T COLLECT ALL 10 IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES AFTER THAT,

THE COLLECTED REACTANT WILL DISAPPEAR AGAIN, AND DROP TO ZERO (0, NONE), AD INFINITUM.

^ if DE want to make it an official rule. Better revert back to survival 1.0 (the state where survival map is the size of a defense map)