Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The literal worst mod in game

Ghostar

I know there are a lot of bad Riven mods out there, but I think I take the cake for the literal worst mod in existence. It's so bad, that it's impressively bad!

85vdigV.png

If you don't understand:

Recoil: Sentinel weapons have no recoil.

Ammo Maximum: Sentinel weapons have unlimited ammo.

-Slash Damage: Stinger is a pure poison weapon and cannot have IPS damage types.

Anyone out there think they can top this?

I've seen negative damage and multishot stats on Riven mods, so that's even worse.

I also find it completely ridiculous how some of these mods (like the one you got) give us stats for weapons that don't even have such base stats in the first place. 

Like, didn't the guy who designed this even bother to think about it? 

1 minute ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I've seen negative damage and multishot stats on Riven mods, so that's even worse.

I also find it completely ridiculous how some of these mods (like the one you got) give us stats for weapons that don't even have such base stats in the first place. 

Like, didn't the guy who designed this even bother to think about it? 

I heard -damage mods can actually heal enemies. Sentinel troll weapon???

well its not bad but I have a mod that is mr 16 locked while I am 14. Would be nice if the riven mods you get would pertain to your rank or lower instead of going above your rank.

I had a cernos mod where I have yet to get decent stats to replace its previous one the negatives I been getting is damage related.

2 minutes ago, Ghostars said:

I know there are a lot of bad Riven mods out there, but I think I take the cake for the literal worst mod in existence. It's so bad, that it's impressively bad!

85vdigV.png

If you don't understand:

Recoil: Sentinel weapons have no recoil.

Ammo Maximum: Sentinel weapons have unlimited ammo.

-Slash Damage: Stinger is a pure poison weapon and cannot have IPS damage types.

Anyone out there think they can top this?

At least your mod does nothing, its not positive or negative.
One of my friends got a Vulklok mod that had this:
- +10.4% puncture (its pure electric so yeah)
- +8% weapon zoom (sentinel weapon so doesn't matter)
- -13% damage

He just traded it in for Endo rather than re-roll it.

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

didn't the guy who designed this even bother to think about it? 

the "guy who designed" this is not a person its RNG

and RNG is the kind of thing that likes to take a cactus poure some lube on it and then he will ...
...whatever use ur imagination

3 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

- -13% damage

I got an amazing vulklok mod on my third cycle, he should have kept it. Mines +aspd (must) +crit chance (he's in red crit territory now) +toxin damage (yay)

Personally I find the worst mod in the game to be Reflex Guard, since it can actively get you killed. Yeah it's great that it can block damage and all, but if you're under heavy fire, it'll possible you'll end up doing nothing but block over and over, unable to shoot back or do anything useful, until something kills you or you manage to escape.

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I got an amazing vulklok mod on my third cycle, he should have kept it. Mines +aspd (must) +crit chance (he's in red crit territory now) +toxin damage (yay)

He's the type of person who prefers to use Kavats or Kubrow instead of sentinels and doesn't want to clutter up his 15 riven mod capacity with something that will never see use.

Edited by Tsukinoki

7 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

- -13% damage

Zoom actually extend the range of sentinel weapons, so not that useless just sayin'

Just now, prot0mega said:

Zoom actually extend the range of sentinel weapons, so not that useless just sayin'

I'm pretty sure that the range is determined based on the attack precept of the sentinel.

For instance if you put the sweeper on the diriga it'll try attacking well beyond the sweepers optimal range which will make it incredibly ineffective....

4 minutes ago, prot0mega said:

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I'm pretty sure that the range is determined based on the attack precept of the sentinel.

For instance if you put the sweeper on the diriga it'll try attacking well beyond the sweepers optimal range which will make it incredibly ineffective....

Who's right here? because this has very interesting implications if zoom actually does increase sentinel weapon range.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Who's right here? because this has very interesting implications if zoom actually does increase sentinel weapon range.

To add more detail to my case:
The attack range of "Calculated Shot", which is Dirigas attack mod is 70 meters.  This makes the sweeper utterly useless.  And I have seen a Diriga equipped with a sweeper try to shoot at enemies more than 50 meters away before and be completely ineffective.
Meanwhile the attack range of "Striker", which is Carriers attack mod is around 10 meters.  This makes sense for the weapon that it comes with.

I honestly don't think that zoom does anything for sentinel weapons as the range is controlled purely by the attack mod and not the weapon itself...

10 minutes ago, SaurusRex said:

Personally I find the worst mod in the game to be Reflex Guard, since it can actively get you killed. Yeah it's great that it can block damage and all, but if you're under heavy fire, it'll possible you'll end up doing nothing but block over and over, unable to shoot back or do anything useful, until something kills you or you manage to escape.

Reflex Guard can help you get the Shield Saver achievement, though.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

To add more detail to my case:
The attack range of "Calculated Shot", which is Dirigas attack mod is 70 meters.  This makes the sweeper utterly useless.  And I have seen a Diriga equipped with a sweeper try to shoot at enemies more than 50 meters away before and be completely ineffective.
Meanwhile the attack range of "Striker", which is Carriers attack mod is around 10 meters.  This makes sense for the weapon that it comes with.

I honestly don't think that zoom does anything for sentinel weapons as the range is controlled purely by the attack mod and not the weapon itself...

Yeah i know how the sentinel attack precepts work, but i wouldnt put it passed DE for some weird interaction wherein +zoom somehow increases the range of the attack precept when paired on the sentinel weapon. It's also possible its not a thing, i'm just hoping someone sees this and has tested it before.

8 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Yes it's determined by sentinel attack percept, but zoom mods can enhance it. Starting from update 12.6:

•    Made weapon zoom mods (Eagle Eye and Hawk Eye) and melee range mods (Reach) increase Sentinel targeting range.

I don't remember they had undone it afterwards.