Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't we reliably shoot down bombard missiles?

AdunSaveMe

I've heard of it, but it seems like just a legend. I've tried multiple times to do it, as have other people, and apparently it isn't a thing.

But why not? Skill-ignoring perfect turning circle heatseeking deathrockets aside, you could actually counter the enemy with skilled aim instead of bullet jump around the place hoping the rocket hits something else instead of doing a perfect 180 and following you.

This is the perfect counter to them. This is what skill-based combat is.

Actually there is a bug with bombard rockets (and sapping osprey bombs but for different weapons and only during the initial ground slam phase so probably a different bug) where some weapons simply cannot hit them at all, the projectile/bullet/beam will just pass right through the rocket and not deal damage. it has been around since u16 I think.  Excals exalted blade waves can hit the rockets quite well and certain weapons have no problem (sorry I do not have a comprehensive list I only made one for sapping bombs because they are easier to test.)

Just now, Drasiel said:

Actually there is a bug with bombard rockets (and sapping osprey bombs but for different weapons and only during the initial ground slam phase so probably a different bug) where some weapons simply cannot hit them at all, the projectile/bullet/beam will just pass right through the rocket and not deal damage. it has been around since u16 I think.  Excals exalted blade waves can hit the rockets quite well and certain weapons have no problem (sorry I do not have a comprehensive list I only made one for sapping bombs because they are easier to test.)

I don't think they're related. I can shoot sapping osprey orbs with ease. Bombard rockets seem immune to everything.

17 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I've heard of it, but it seems like just a legend. I've tried multiple times to do it, as have other people, and apparently it isn't a thing.

But why not? Skill-ignoring perfect turning circle heatseeking deathrockets aside, you could actually counter the enemy with skilled aim instead of bullet jump around the place hoping the rocket hits something else instead of doing a perfect 180 and following you.

This is the perfect counter to them. This is what skill-based combat is.

First thing:
A few weapons can hit Bombard Rockets.
I've done it repeatedly with the Ignis, Nukor and Embolist.
Further the telos boltace spin-wave can hit and destroy bombard rockets, and I've also done it with Exalted Blades waves.

I would definitely like it to be fixed for other weapons to be able to shoot down the rockets though.

I think a large part of the problem is there is some type of hitbox dissonance between the rocket projectile and where you have to hit to destroy it.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Im far more concerned that we cant hear the missilses coming because all the other audio drowns them out. All the visual noise from other units and the some of the tilests themselves sometimes make them invisible. To me, thats a far bigger problem as  the only noise that cuts through is the distinct explosion sounds of the missiles themselves. If I knew they were there, Id try to shoot them down sometimes 

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7

only AoE (or things that count as AoE) can hit Bombard Missiles, has always been this way.

it's just another thing in favor of playing a Walking Simulator with a Synoid idon'twantoplaythegameulor and friends.
because Warframe tends to like rewarding AFKFarming but punishes not.

the appropriate course of action would be direct shots can destroy them but AoE does nothing to them. for both Bombard Missiles and Electric(Sapping) Mines.

Edited by taiiat