Kuva on Reduced Energy sortie

-BM-Mitz

You guys may or may not have gotten kuva on energy reduction but it reduces your operator power capacity by so much, i't physically impossible to dash and get kuva so the whole thing is just there to spit in your face :/

tried primed flow, didn't help at all.

It IS possible to catch the kuva if you perform the void dash super fast (so no energy goes to waste for sustaining void form).

This way of making it more difficult requires the player to be very precise. It is more challenging, but then again it's what the veterans want, right? Not artificial difficulty but having to be skillful.

Anyway, still couldn't catch 4 before the siphon sucked 8/8 because the kuva spawned right at the siphon (like half a meter away...).

Also,

58 minutes ago, TheGreatZiltoid said:

You can't pick up energy orbs to be used as operator energy so why should reduced energy/magnetic procs, eximus drians, ect affect you?

You can pick up energy orbs as an operator and they do contribute to operator's power pool.

Edited by Raniu

On 11/23/2016 at 2:02 PM, Raniu said:

It IS possible to catch the kuva if you perform the void dash super fast (so no energy goes to waste for sustaining void form).

This way of making it more difficult requires the player to be very precise. It is more challenging, but then again it's what the veterans want, right? Not artificial difficulty but having to be skillful.

Anyway, still couldn't catch 4 before the siphon sucked 8/8 because the kuva spawned right at the siphon (like half a meter away...).

Also,

You can pick up energy orbs as an operator and they do contribute to operator's power pool.

Yeha I noticed you can now. Originally you could not (guess it was a bug?) But it seems to have little impact on operator powers. I still run out at about the same rate regardless of how many orbs I pick up. But I think the overall point I was trying to make was environmental effects should not affect the operator, or at least make kuvas not spawn on missions that have them since we have little to no ways to manage energy usage except to...not use the operator? lol

Edited by TheGreatZiltoid

I encountered this just after TWW dropped as well, we went to a Reduced Energy level and the Kuva popped in on us.  Somehow, we managed to make it, but having the Operator's energy tied to the Warframe's the way it is is a severe punishment for those whose Frames don't have a naturally deep energy pool even with Primed Flow, and even more so on these sorts of low-energy missions.  It's also punishing for "squishy" frames that don't have a lot of health/shielding, due to the Operator getting yanked back in once it's at low health.

It's all an interesting concept but given what's required and what's set up, there are too many limitations currently for it to be viable.  It's gimmicky at best right now.  If they want us to be freely switching Frames based on mission needs, this Operator-in-the-field concept needs some huge work to prevent people relying solely on tanky, deep-energy Frames just to mitigate the issues the mechanic presents.  It creates a limit where they want us to not limit ourselves by maining Frames.